Leafs Fans Finish American Anthem

Shady

Looks like if Canada or some Canadians were planning on bringing war to the US, you better put your plans on hold.

Not even 20+ years of no Canadian Stanley cup winner can stir these Toronto leaf fans?!?!?!?

They are so happy even when they lose they continue to support the team! Disgusting!

Good thing I'm not a hockey/sports fan because I don't think there's a shovel big enough!

WWWTT

Singer had some technical problems with her mic, so the fans finished the anthem at the Tampa Bay/Toronto game on Thursday night. Total class!

P.S. Never would've happened in Montreal. Probably everywhere else though.

That's pretty cool. I have to wonder what would happen if the Canadian anthem went out in a US rink?

Not even 20+ years of no Canadian Stanley cup winner can stir these Toronto leaf fans?!?!?!?

They are so happy even when they lose they continue to support the team! Disgusting!

WWWTT

That's what supporting a team means. Anything else is just fairweather fandom.

My team last won a trophy in 1911.

As to the OP, definitely a classy show by the Leafs fans.

That's what supporting a team means. Anything else is just fairweather fandom.

My team last won a trophy in 1911.

As to the OP, definitely a classy show by the Leafs fans.

You should be the spokesperson for the team owners!

Keep throwing money at us and don't ask any stupid questions or we will try to make you feel guilty!!!!

Like I said before, there isn't a shovel in the world big enough!

You want to be a team player where your role is to only part with your hard earned money, my best advise would be, don't get too attached to your money because those leaches never stop!

WWWTT

I have to wonder what would happen if the Canadian anthem went out in a US rink?

Lots of cheering!

You got to love those one way relationships where one partner worships the ground the other walks on, while the other isn't even aware the other exists.

WWWTT

I encourage everyone to stop watching the NHL or any Pro sports really. They don't care about you so why would you care about them. Really silly. Much better things to spend your time doing.

I still go to junior games though. I find the hockey very good at the junior level.

I like your comments highlighted here!

But to say the teams/players don't care is a little over the top.

I'm sure they care just enough to keep the fans entertained and coming back for more.

But really you are right, they're more concerned with their profits.

WWWTT

P.S. Never would've happened in Montreal. Probably everywhere else though.

If you're going to throw this comment in the thread opening, then what does this thread really have to do with sports?

I'm not going to report it, but it sounds like this thread should be in Canada/US relations.

But lots of comments here about the sports end so probably a good call on your part Shady!

Kudos for you and a good thread!

WWWTT

Not enough to warrant a salute at the end of the game though

For once we agree. Canadians show so many courtesies to Americans which are not reciprocated.

Maybe this is a "Kodak moment," you and I agreeing.

That's pretty cool. I have to wonder what would happen if the Canadian anthem went out in a US rink?

I would start or continue singing, at least the English verses. I cannot speak for or expect well of my compatriots,sorry to say.

For once we agree. Canadians show so many courtesies to Americans which are not reciprocated.

Maybe this is a "Kodak moment," you and I agreeing.

Except ..... in Vancouver, when their utterly classless fans booed the US national anthem because they did not like the US junior team.

And was it in Quebec where the fans threatened some US bantam (13-14 year old) kids on their bus?

And the Americans do reciprocate when they think of it.

I believe it was in Pittsburgh where they played the Canadian national anthem before a recent hockey game, soon after the killings/Parliamentary dustup in Ottawa. It was notable because it was two American teams playing.

IT was pure class finishing the anthem like that.

That is who we are.

Those Canadians showing that respect was a damn sight better than anything the CBC,CANCOM or any other propaganda machine we waste money on.

As far as the question would Americans have done that or could have done that? No chance.

That is why we are better than they are. We have class.

Good neighbors but they are just second place to us in terms of good people.

As far as the question would Americans have done that or could have done that? No chance.

Speak for yourself. I would have finished and in fact would have been singing along the whole anthem.

Sorry. did come off a tad prejudice there.

I should have said "A vast majority could not have finished the Canadian National anthem"

I coudln't finish the parts sung in the Canadian language. Only the parts in English.

Those Canadians showing that respect was a damn sight better than anything the CBC,CANCOM or any other propaganda machine we waste money on.

LOL!

Better than the American propaganda machine?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like the US government propaganda machine works wonders in Canada when Canadians start singing the US anthem!

WWWTT