What should be done with the surplus?

Topaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they should use some of said "surplus" and use it to make the tax system more fair to all Canadians? There is no reason why two families making the exact same income should pay huge differences in taxes only because at least on of the persons in one family has a fascination with money and the knowledge to find all the loopholes in the tax system. I know because I have a few family members that are just this way (unfortunately I and the rest are not). They have been audited on several occasions and in all cases the auditors either walked away shaking their heads or with a whole new knowledge of the tax system in Canada, the resourcefulness of some people when it comes to taxes is incredible, they can't keep a car running or their kids in line but they sure can work the government.

Well the idea is that the 1% make and control far more of the wealth than their actual individual contributions would fairly dictate. You don't need any figures to tell you the top 1% income earners aren't contributing 21% to the total economic output. I'm not sure what you thought you were proving with these numbers.

You're right, it's probably higher than that. They don't just supply tax dollars, they create jobs, produce goods and services, fund new ventures, buy a lot of expensive stuff, etc, etc.

• 1 month later...