Justin Trudeau's Book - because "it's all about Justin&#34

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Star gushed over the recent release of Trudeau's upcoming biography - Common Ground - the print version hailing "contrasting visions" between Harper and Trudeau Junior. What struck me so very clearly was the arrogance of writing a biography in advance of accomplishing anything of note. Just another disappointing demonstration of "it's all about me". Quite clever - arrogance and a giant attack ad - all rolled into one.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/17/justin_trudeau_turns_his_life_into_an_open_book.html

Let's "keep it simple." It's a campaign rag. Barack Obama had the "audacity" to issue "The Audacity of Hope" at a similar stage of his campaign.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/10/16/robyn-urback-fluffy-justin-trudeau-feature-is-an-insult-to-serious-women-voters-in-canada/

And I was given trouble fort mentioning ,women voting with their vagina, well read this. If women are not embarrassed by this.............

After blowing the one they inherited.

This such nonsense, and if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this claimed on behalf of the Liberals, or Clinton.....

In the 90's the internet came into being. The boom from that, affected everyone around the world and created vast wealth. Every government in the modern world did well, and had great balance sheets. That's not because they all, at exactly the same time, just by coincidence happened to have great economic policies. It's because of the internet.

This such nonsense, and if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this claimed on behalf of the Liberals, or Clinton.....

In the 90's the internet came into being. The boom from that, affected everyone around the world and created vast wealth. Every government in the modern world did well, and had great balance sheets. That's not because they all, at exactly the same time, just by coincidence happened to have great economic policies. It's because of the internet.

And if the situation was reversed, Conservatives would be saying the same thing.

That's just politics.

Same way that interstate (and in Canada other improved) highways and aviation improvements contributed to the 1950's and 1960's boom.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2014/10/16/robyn-urback-fluffy-justin-trudeau-feature-is-an-insult-to-serious-women-voters-in-canada/

And I was given trouble fort mentioning ,women voting with their vagina, well read this. If women are not embarrassed by this.............

What do women have to be embarrassed about?

The editorial takes issue with the magazine for talking down to women, just like you did in your post about women "voting with their vaginas"...

What do women have to be embarrassed about?

The editorial takes issue with the magazine for talking down to women, just like you did in your post about women "voting with their vaginas"...

This topic is not about PIK - it's about Trudeau. The article does reflect on Trudeau's treatment of women as shallow thinkers, all googly-eyed to be able to bask in His presence.

Same way that interstate (and in Canada other improved) highways and aviation improvements contributed to the 1950's and 1960's boom.

Not even close. In the 1950's and 1960's, many things caused prosperity but the main thing was that the US was effectively the only full-capacity functioning modern economy and had tons of exports to everywhere. Building highways and airports had minimal contribution if any.

In contrast, the internet boom was ONLY because of the internet.

Post-war, the US (and other nations) experienced the largest reduction in government spending ever in history, as the war machine wound down. During the internet boom, there was no significant change in government spending. It was purely new commercial activity.

Not even close. In the 1950's and 1960's, many things caused prosperity but the main thing was that the US was effectively the only full-capacity functioning modern economy and had tons of exports to everywhere. Building highways and airports had minimal contribution if any.

I think we had a failure to communicate. I am not saying it was the money spent on highways and airports that led the boom. I am saying that the reductions in costs and increase in efficiencies did. While there are obviously traffic jams and flight delays, there is no question that national and global economies are integrated. This increases supplies of all kinds of goods and lowers costs.

In contrast, the internet boom was ONLY because of the internet.

Same increase in efficiency.

Post-war, the US (and other nations) experienced the largest reduction in government spending ever in history, as the war machine wound down. During the internet boom, there was no significant change in government spending. It was purely new commercial activity.

Government spending in proportion to GDP did drop, I believe.

ya think! I simply highlighted the hypocrisy Harper Conservative supporters display when they so blindly accepted the early Harper... wonder what it was about that Harper, that Harper partisans thought he "was ready", that he "was not in over his head", that he "was a serious politician"??? :lol:

I can just imagine Waldo interviewing candidates for a senior management job at WaldoCorp.

"any experience at running a gigantic business. the 15th largest economy in the world?"

"No, but my Dad failed at it once and I am committed to sending blankets to war zones, "

"You're hired"

"any experience at running a gigantic business. the 15th largest economy in the world?"

"No, but my Dad failed at it once and I am committed to sending blankets to war zones, "

"You're hired"

Does this sound familiar?

'No but my daddy got me a job in the mailroom after failing out at UofT"

"its the only private job I ever had"

Funny how that works.

Good ol'Western Boy that Harper is.

Funny how that works.

Actually - Harper was born and raised in Toronto - University in the West - not a bad view of Canada. Young Justin on the other hand, has really only lived in Montreal and a bit in Ottawa - a 90 minute drive from Montreal. And you're right, Harper's only real "adult" jobs have been in and around policy and politics. And your point is?

Actually - Harper was born and raised in Toronto - University in the West - not a bad view of Canada. Young Justin on the other hand, has really only lived in Montreal and a bit in Ottawa - a 90 minute drive from Montreal. And you're right, Harper's only real "adult" jobs have been in and around policy and politics. And your point is?

The point is that he was no more prepared to lead the country and be PM than Trudeau is now.

Those who say Trudeau "never held a real job" or some such tripe are hypocrites if they think Harper has had any more work history than Trudeau.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/justin-trudeau-inexperienced-think-again/article9046904/

For starters, Mr. Trudeau has about the same amount of experience as Stephen Harper did when he sought the Alliance Party leadership in 2002. Mr. Harper was roughly the same age and had served about the same number of years in Parliament. Mr. Trudeau was a teacher. Although Mr. Harper likes to call himself an economist, he wasn’t. He had a graduate degree in economics but no real job experience in the discipline. He did have some executive experience as head of a small right-wing lobby group, the National Citizens Coalition, and as policy director for the Reform Party.
Edited by The_Squid

Continuing this funny prose....

Actually - Harper was born and raised in Toronto

Yes I know, he grew up 2 streets from me.

- University in the West

Now now, you forgot he failed out of UofT.

Young Justin on the other hand, has really only lived in Montreal and a bit in Ottawa - a 90 minute drive from Montreal.

Hmm...Montreal and Ottawa vs Calgaryand TO....hmmm....Not much diff there.

And you're right, Harper's only real "adult" jobs have been in and around policy and politics. And your point is?

My point? I think Squid nailed it...

The point is that he was no more prepared to lead the country and be PM than Trudeau is now.

Those who say Trudeau "never held a real job" or some such tripe are hypocrites if they think Harper has had any more work history than Trudeau.

Edited by Guyser2

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/justin-trudeau-inexperienced-think-again/article9046904/

Martin is a Liberal Shill....he downplays the significant and meaningful political experience of Harper - even before he united the Reform and PC parties and led them for 4 years until they gained power in 2006:

He did have some executive experience as head of a small right-wing lobby group, the National Citizens Coalition, and as policy director for the Reform Party.

Then he stacks that up against his kiddie days trying to get Daddy's attention:

You want political seasoning? How about being raised since birth in the cauldron of power? How about living all your early life at 24 Sussex Dr., son of a prime minister?

Look - even Marc Garneau called him shallow and unfit to lead - before the backroom boys struck a deal with him to support "their boy".

Martin is a Liberal Shill....he downplays the significant and meaningful political experience of Harper - even before he united the Reform and PC parties and led them for 4 years until they gained power in 2006:

You also forget that Harper was Manning's right hand man for quite a while. Even though they later fell out that was valuable tutelage.

Then he stacks that up against his kiddie days trying to get Daddy's attention:

Didn't Margaret leave with Justin when they split?

Look - even Marc Garneau called him shallow and unfit to lead - before the backroom boys struck a deal with him to support "their boy".

All one has to do is watch the Mansbridge interview. Justin was not impressive.

Funny how that works.

I understand your overwhelming need to gloss over Trudeau Jrs lack of experience at anything, and to ignore Harpers extensive experience at actually running a country, but don't imagine for a moment that voters won't notice. You'll have to do much better than that or you'll be whimpering about four more years soon.

Carry on.

I understand your overwhelming need to gloss over Trudeau Jrs lack of experience at anything, and to ignore Harpers extensive experience at actually running a country, but don't imagine for a moment that voters won't notice. You'll have to do much better than that or you'll be whimpering about four more years soon.

Carry on.

I understand your inability to understand the truth about both of them....which is the main point. I also get how funny it is to watch Harpers minions try to re-write history by changing the facts that their boy had to be hired by daddy to work the mail room at Imperial Oil after flunking out at Uof T.

Lets recap....JT has no experience, but neither did Harper , but now that he has run a country he all of a sudden had that experience previously.

Hypocrisy in action.

Voters will notice, and decide. And if JT gets in, the west will whine like they did for decades prior.

Edited by Guyser2

I understand your inability to understand the truth about both of them....which is the main point. I also get how funny it is to watch Harpers minions try to re-write history by changing the facts that their boy had to be hired by daddy to work the mail room at Imperial Oil after flunking out at Uof T.

Interesting perspective - somewhat elitist perhaps? What you see as beneath you, ordinary Canadians see as starting at the bottom and earning your way up - something Trudeau Junior has no clue about. A Masters in Economics and lecturing at U of C isn't too shabby either.......and that's even before his substantial Policy and Politics career - and that's prior to uniting the Conservative Party. Sorry Pal - it's you who is frantically trying to rewrite History - but you're twisting yourself into knots.

Born and raised in Toronto, Harper was the first of three sons of Margaret (née Johnston) and Joseph Harris Harper, an accountant at Imperial Oil. He attended Northlea Public School and, later, John G. Althouse Middle School and Richview Collegiate Institute, both in Central Etobicoke. He graduated in 1978, and was a member of Richview Collegiate's team on Reach for the Top, a television quiz show for Canadian high school students. Harper enrolled at the University of Toronto but dropped out after two months. He then moved to Edmonton, Alberta, where he found work in the mail room at Imperial Oil. Later, he advanced to work on the company's computer systems. He took up post-secondary studies again at the University of Calgary, where he completed a bachelor's degree in economics. He later returned there to earn a master's degree in economics, completed in 1993. Harper has kept strong links to the University of Calgary, where he often lectured. Harper is the first prime minister since Joe Clark without a law degree.
Edited by Keepitsimple

Funny how that works.

Harper built the party he leads. Justin was handed to him. Harper has work his whole life on economics and policy,where Justin partied until he was given the leadership.