Florida woman granted asylum in Canada

If Canadian taxpayers want to pay for convicted American sex offender rapists and their families then I am sure others will be happy to join the party north of the border. Let's see...free sex offender healthcare....refugee welfare....french lessons...the works.

Oh I thought everybody from here was going to Florida. now I'm confused.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Denise Harvey's official sex offender record in Florida:

794.05(1) Unlawful Sexual Activity With Certain Minors

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=74783

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Anyway, here's a fairly simple explanation. The courts here allow people to have sex at age 16. Apparently the courts in Florida prefer age 18. OK. The courts in Florida also like to kill people, but we don't allow that here. Florida should reconsider that, because they have had people headed for death row who turned out to be not guilty. Your legal system is messed up. But that's your problem.

Here is Denise Harvey's official sex offender record in Florida:

794.05(1) Unlawful Sexual Activity With Certain Minors

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

https://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=74783

Wow. You religious freaks really like the kinky stuff don't ya?

Anyway, here's a fairly simple explanation. The courts here allow people to have sex at age 16. Apparently the courts in Florida prefer age 18. OK. The courts in Florida also like to kill people, but we don't allow that here. Florida should reconsider that, because they have had people headed for death row who turned out to be not guilty. Your legal system is messed up. But that's your problem.

By that logic, the only age that would be acceptable would have to match Canada's. That's messed up. What's so special about Canada legally permitting adults to have sex with 16 year old kids ?

By that logic, the only age that would be acceptable would have to match Canada's. That's messed up. What's so special about Canada legally permitting adults to have sex with 16 year old kids ?

Our law says at 16 you are an adult. Drive a car, fly a plane, have sex. I don't know why you have this sick penchant for talking about "adults having sex" Psst, that's who usually has sex.

Our law says at 16 you are an adult. Drive a car, fly a plane, have sex. I don't know why you have this sick penchant for talking about "adults having sex" Psst, that's who usually has sex.

False..the age of majority in Canada varies by province, and is not 16 in any case:

The age of majority in the individual provinces and territories of Canada is

• Alberta - 18
  • British Columbia - 19
  • Manitoba - 18
  • New Brunswick - 19
  • Newfoundland and Labrador - 19
  • Northwest Territories - 19
  • Nova Scotia - 19
  • Nunavut - 19
  • Ontario - 18
  • Prince Edward Island - 18
  • Quebec - 18
  • Saksatchewan - 18
  • Yukon Territory - 19

False..the age of majority in Canada varies by province, and is not 16 in any case:

The age of majority in the individual provinces and territories of Canada is

• Alberta - 18
  • British Columbia - 19
  • Manitoba - 18
  • New Brunswick - 19
  • Newfoundland and Labrador - 19
  • Northwest Territories - 19
  • Nova Scotia - 19
  • Nunavut - 19
  • Ontario - 18
  • Prince Edward Island - 18
  • Quebec - 18
  • Saksatchewan - 18
  • Yukon Territory - 19

Age of majority has nothing to do with it.

I know.....having sex with children apparently is a fine Canadian tradition !

Canadian law says you are no longer a child at 16. Do you get that or should I repeat it 300 more times. Let me explain it more: if I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 16, we can have all the sex we want. If I was 17 and she was still 16 it's still OK, we are still both adults. You can blather on ad nauseam with your sick innuendo, but all you do is look sick and a bit stupid.

Canadian law says you are no longer a child at 16. Do you get that or should I repeat it 300 more times. Let me explain it more: if I'm 16 and my girlfriend is 16, we can have all the sex we want. If I was 17 and she was still 16 it's still OK, we are still both adults. You can blather on ad nauseam with your sick innuendo, but all you do is look sick and a bit stupid.

I can only respond to what you type. As you are consistently sloppy and imprecise, it is easy to refute what is posted. People are not adults at age 16 in Canada...that is a fact.

As for Canadian Law being the foundation for granting asylum to a rapist and convicted sex offender from another nation, I can only hope that all such sex offenders emigrate to Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I can only respond to what you type. As you are consistently sloppy and imprecise, it is easy to refute what is posted. People are not adults at age 16 in Canada...that is a fact.

As for Canadian Law being the foundation for granting asylum to a rapist and convicted sex offender from another nation, I can only hope that all sex such sex offenders emigrate to Canada.

In terms of their ability to consent to sex, that happens at 16. Only difference is in the case where the sex is between them and someone of authority, such as a teacher. Then it moves to 18. As far as sloppy and imprecise, odd coming from one who is constantly obtuse and verbose. But that's OK. We have all become used to it.

In terms of their ability to consent to sex, that happens at 16. Only difference is in the case where the sex is between them and someone of authority, such as a teacher. Then it moves to 18. As far as sloppy and imprecise, odd coming from one who is constantly obtuse and verbose. But that's OK. We have all become used to it.

Then clearly you were mistaken above. Adulthood (majority age) is not 16 years, but the age of consent is. See how easy that was ?

Why can't teachers enjoy the underage sex parties in Canada ? That's not fair....where is the union !

Then clearly you were mistaken above. Adulthood (majority age) is not 16 years, but the age of consent is. See how easy that was ?

Why can't teachers enjoy the underage sex parties in Canada ? That's not fair....where is the union !

Yep it is 16 years.

Other than that I'll leave your very strange comments to fester on their own. Are you from Florida?

Yep it is 16 years.

Other than that I'll leave your very strange comments to fester on their own. Are you from Florida?

No...I moved to Winnipeg to start an adult-teen hook-up web site in Canada. I am careful to get the 16 and 17 year olds to prove their age with braces or Justin Bieber tatoos. Florida wanted to lock me up....imagine that !?!

No...I moved to Winnipeg to start an adult-teen hook-up web site in Canada. I am careful to get the 16 and 17 year olds to prove their age with braces or Justin Bieber tatoos. Florida wanted to lock me up....imagine that !?!

There's an old expression up there in Winnipeg, I wonder if you've heard of it, it goes something like "dumb as a sack of hammers" ever hear of it?

I know...too busy talking about irrelevant pilot's licenses. The age of consent has bounced around for eons in many jurisdictions. This woman was convicted of the crime; different laws in Canada is not a valid defense.

well, not in Florida. I get that.

The OP is not about sex between consenting adults. If you don't understand why the law protects children under the age of consent, that's your problem.

I do understand. I explained to you how those laws came to be in the Common Law tradition. They're to protect against child prostitution. The problem here is that you seem to think that this consensual relationship is anything like the problems that the history of consent laws sought to address. When it comes to understanding, it is you who has the problem here. You don't seem to see that Floridas laws are right at home with Somalia, Sudan, and India. There would have been no crime if she was in most other states in the US. That's a fact. So why is it ok a few hours away in Georgia, Alabama, or Mississippi, but not ok in Florida?

Again...big deal...flying planes is not rocket science. Having sex with underage children is still illegal. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

if that 16 year old murdered someone would they take the stand as an "underage child" in Florida? Or would they be tried as an adult and possibly executed?

Sex with underage children is illegal in Florida and many other jurisdictions. Nothing you say or brag about in Canada can change that.

sex with underage children is also illegal in Canada. But I'm glad you've made an about face on saying "sex with anyone under 18 is illegal in most states" since that's not true.