Florida woman granted asylum in Canada

Yep...and that includes those men and women who enjoy sex with underage minors. So why can't the Bountiful polygamists get a break ?

I take it you think 30 years for consensual sex with a 16 year old is an appropriate sentence. How many jails do you have in that country?

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you think 30 years for consensual sex with a 16 year old is an appropriate sentence. How many jails do you have in that country?

Not my call.....did you know that polygamy can get you five years in Canada...even with consenting adults? We have plenty of jails...but I think you mean prisons.

Not my call.....did you know that polygamy can get you five years in Canada...even with consenting adults? We have plenty of jails...but I think you mean prisons.

There hasn't been a successfull polygamy prosecution in Canada for over 60 years so I'll take it you agree with the sentence.

So what ? There are laws in Canada that are stupendously stupid (e.g. language, hate speech) with matching penalties. What "damage" is caused by such infractions ? Should the U.S. grant asylum to these Canadian "victims" ?

Well, it would be abhorrent to the law to sentence one to 30 years for such transgressions.

There hasn't been a successfull polygamy prosecution in Canada for over 60 years so I'll take it you agree with the sentence.

and then only when the polygamy has been fraudulent: ie the various spouses were under the impression that the marriage was mono-something.

Nonsense....you actually invite more into Canada. South means Toronto and Vancouver.

they don't have to come to Canada. They could stop just north of Florida in Georgia and their relationship would have been legal. Edited by cybercoma

Answer is about 4 years for rape assaults in Canada, less than robbery and dope crimes. Now that's stupid !

I don't think you're ever gonna get anywhere with that kind of argument. Rape is pretty much forced sex, we get that. Sex between consenting adults is something else. If you dont understand that, then there is only one condition I could ascribe to you.

I don't think you're ever gonna get anywhere with that kind of argument. Rape is pretty much forced sex, we get that. Sex between consenting adults is something else. If you dont understand that, then there is only one condition I could ascribe to you.

The OP is not about sex between consenting adults. If you don't understand why the law protects children under the age of consent, that's your problem.

The OP is not about sex between consenting adults. If you don't understand why the law protects children under the age of consent, that's your problem.

As I've said already, I had a private pilots license when I was 16. Do you think the gov of Canada let's children fly planes? Maybe Florida children aren't very well developed. Could be the air.

That's not our problem. Our problem is that Florida's bizarre sentencing is forcing us to even consider giving this women asylum.

As I've said already, I had a private pilots license when I was 16. Do you think the gov of Canada let's children fly planes? Maybe Florida children aren't very well developed. Could be the air.

Big deal....I had a driver's license at age 14. Doesn't mean I get to have sex with adults just because that's what they do in Canada.