Police Commissioner calls President "N-word"

So, this Police Commissioner from a predominantly white New Hampshire town was overheard saying he doesn't watch tv because all he sees is the 'N-word President'. Granted, he is allowed to say whatever he wants, but he should be held accountable. Residents of his town are calling for his resignation but he is refusing. The population consists of 1% black and there are no black people on the police force or any other race for that matter.

We can only hope that the townsfolk are successful in demanding his resignation.

Here is an article relating to this.

What is going on in this world. Someone says something stupid in private and someone hears it and can't get to the web fast enough to tell everyone. Just ignore this crap and it will probably go away.

What is going on in this world. Someone says something stupid in private and someone hears it and can't get to the web fast enough to tell everyone. Just ignore this crap and it will probably go away.

what's going on is people, at least some of them, are offended by racism. Especially among those who hold public office. If I was black I don't think I'd want to have a run in with this police officer.

And it wasn't in private. It was at a public restaurant and he said it loud enough for other patrons to hear. It is not 'crap'. It is very real racism.

I agree. It is clearly the people in the community who feel that a police commissioner (who hires, fires, gives raises, and is supposed to treating all members the public the same) should not be saying racist things in public, who are in the wrong here. If there is one thing we know about racist police departments, if you just ignore the problem it will go away.

I agree. It is clearly the people in the community who feel that a police commissioner (who hires, fires, gives raises, and is supposed to treating all members the public the same) should not be saying racist things in public, who are in the wrong here. If there is one thing we know about racist police departments, if you just ignore the problem it will go away.

Are you saying that the people in this community are wrong for calling out a racist police commissioner against the 'President of the United States'? Did I hear that right? I hope you are being sarcastic, but to be honest, I never know with some of the members here.

Are you saying that the people in this community are wrong for calling out a racist police commissioner against the 'President of the United States'? Did I hear that right? I hope you are being sarcastic, but to be honest, I never know with some of the members here.

I figured my last sentence would make it obvious. (but of course the internet makes these things harder to read)

He was quite unapologetic and emphatic in stating that those of his views even after the fact.

Freedom of speech, sure. Freedom of consequences of speech, not so much.

And it wasn't in private. It was at a public restaurant and he said it loud enough for other patrons to hear. It is not 'crap'. It is very real racism.

No it is not, real racism was getting lynched because of your colour and alot of other nasty stuff, name calling is nothing. And if we are down to just name calling then we should not get excited about it, ignore the fools. IMO

Real racism is a combination of not recognizing racism, and stupidity.

Never underestimate the cleverness of the American racist. They devote their entire lives to their cause and rise above being stupid. Hence, we try to catch them in their concealment of the truth of their convictions but are seldom successful. Suffice to say that they can't hide their evil intentions forever when they never side with the side of right but instead remain silent when we ask for their condemnation of racism. Know them by that trait alone.

Never underestimate the cleverness of the American racist. They devote their entire lives to their cause and rise above being stupid. Hence, we try to catch them in their concealment of the truth of their convictions but are seldom successful. Suffice to say that they can't hide their evil intentions forever when they never side with the side of right but instead remain silent when we ask for their condemnation of racism. Know them by that trait alone.

They write it, but they don't rise above it.