PM Harper At War With Supreme Court?

PIK, if you won't at least make a small effort to understand what you're talking about, then there's really no point in responding to you. Stephen Harper is criticizing the head of the judicial branch of government for doing her job, communicating with the head of the executive branch of government. This was well before the case against Nadon went to court. Harper had 10 month to criticize her phone call and said nothing until now, until after the decision. The Chief Justice is required to remain non-partisan. Harper's creating a partisan issue, which means she's not allowed to respond. If Stephen Harper had a problem with her making that phone call he could have brought the issue before the judicial review committee that oversees problems and complaints with judges. He did not do that then and he's not doing that now, why? Even Charles Adler, whose praises you sang when he was at Sun, criticizes Harper for this. Wake up and take off your partisan blinders.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Canadians do not know that Harper is an evangelical Christian with neoconservative views. His administrative style reflects that. Would make Cheney proud.

He's not even an Evangelical - that was Day's bag. Harper is however, a backroom policy wog with all the personal interaction skills of a rock. Remember he was Reform's Chief Policy Officer before he was ever a candidate for office. While he's a social conservative, he has actively worked to avoid 'moral' issues (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc). Don't forget he broke from Manning and Reform over populist issues, not returning until Manning was out and Day had dragged the Alliance into 'Stupid-Land'. I'm no Harper fan; but he's not an Evangelical.

He's not even an Evangelical - that was Day's bag. Harper is however, a backroom policy wog with all the personal interaction skills of a rock. Remember he was Reform's Chief Policy Officer before he was ever a candidate for office. While he's a social conservative, he has actively worked to avoid 'moral' issues (abortion, same-sex marriage, etc). Don't forget he broke from Manning and Reform over populist issues, not returning until Manning was out and Day had dragged the Alliance into 'Stupid-Land'. I'm no Harper fan; but he's not an Evangelical.

Have you ever checked into the church he attends? CAMA.

And yet, it seems to work so well for the Conservative spin team. Go figure.

No, it actually doesn't. The Conservatives couldn't spin a roulette wheel. They never have been able to. Public relations is absolutely not their thing.

Edited by Argus

No, it actually doesn't. The Consercatives couldn't spin a roulette wheel. They never have been able to. Public relations is absolutely not their thing.

What color is the sky on your planet?

Not only do the Cons outspend everyone else from party funds, they misuse public funds to pay for political advertising under the ridiculous guise of "information campaigns".

But the most effective use of spin is Harper's legions of wealthy but poorly informed legions who will swallow whatever nonsense his spin doctors come up with. No matter how many brilliant, educated people who made the life studying political science said otherwise, Harper's ignorant, wealthy army actually believed that Stephane Dion was mounting a coup when he attempted to form a coalition government. These same wealthy, ignorant souls now believe the spin doctors when they're told that there is something unusual about the Chief Justice phoning to advise Harper.

So, when you have legions of idiots who will repeat like bleating sheep whatever lies you spout, you hardly need the spin doctors. But Harper has them anyway.

And in the context of this discussion, your tag line is so ironic.

Most Canadians do not know that Harper is an evangelical Christian with neoconservative views. His administrative style reflects that. Would make Cheney proud.

Yes, tell us more of what we don't know about Harper. Once again you prove that you're not at all what you initially said you are. You're just a troll.

they sure as hell spend a lot of money explaining and framing their opponents.

Yes, but they suck at it.

Btw, any comment on the Liberals' new attack ads? Didn't they say they weren't going to do that?

Yes, but they suck at it.

Btw, any comment on the Liberals' new attack ads? Didn't they say they weren't going to do that?

i don't sub to television, so I haven't seen them. But I do hate campaigning outside the writs. I've said it before. The problem is that's what the CPC has done, so it becomes a race to the bottom. I don't to expect the other parties to ignore it. Edited by cybercoma

I do not recollect Stephen Harper apologizing for anything. It appears that he considers an apology for a mistake to be a weakness rather than a polite strength.

I do...

Harper apologizes over rally screening

Speaking at a news conference in the Ontario riding of Vaughan, Harper said his party is encouraging people to come and listen to his message.

"If anybody is kept out of any of our events that is there to hear our message, we obviously apologize to them," Harper said on Thursday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harper-apologizes-over-rally-screening-1.996689

Edited by bush_cheney2004