Ontario Budget 2014 -- Election

I heard him on the news, said he getting rid of the 10% discount on hydro bills, getting rid of the Home renovation tax credit for seniors, which helps them stay in their own homes. OLG see some work farmed out to private sector, would kill the 30% tuition break to families 160,000 and less. SO... he got the unions against him, seniors, students and anyone who pay hydro bill, not many left. I can see more personal bankruptcies under this government if he does what he says he's going to do.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard him on the news, said he getting rid of the 10% discount on hydro bills, getting rid of the Home renovation tax credit for seniors, which helps them stay in their own homes. OLG see some work farmed out to private sector, would kill the 30% tuition break to families 160,000 and less. SO... he got the unions against him, seniors, students and anyone who pay hydro bill, not many left. I can see more personal bankruptcies under this government if he does what he says he's going to do.

Look, just about everything a provincial government does is designed to help people in some way, social services, education, health care, there just aren't a lot of nothing programs that can be cut that won't harm anyone, not and save $12 billion. Do you want to be another Greece?

I agree with you. For me it is a matter of trust. Can't believe Hudak's hot air. Last week it was 1 Million Jobs...now half of those are just going to be created out of thin air by doing nothing according to his plan.

Yes jobs are created naturally by the economy. The government isn't needed to make jobs. Do you know anything about economics?

Well the Hudak platform is out and now there is no question of choices. He appears to be true to his conservative views and appears not to have any hidden agenda. The party positions are now very clear allowing for the electorate to make its decisions.

With Hudak declaring his commitment to taking Ontario to the right, I believe that the NDP will be paying the price. With the platforms out, the voter seems to have a choice between Hudak to the right and the others to the left. I am sure that the Liberals will be telling the previous NDP supporters that to split the vote between the NDP and Liberals (who have very similar platforms) will allow the right wingers to take power with only a small, plurality of the vote. They will suggest that voting Liberal will be to their advantage. The left leaning voters may decide to hold their noses and vote Liberal. That may or may not work.

Personally, I like the idea of having clear cut choices. That is the way democracy should function.

The Liberals have always used that strategy. Paul Martin did it in the face of the CPC and Stephen Harper.

There's not a lot of difference right now between the Liberals and the NDP. Except one has proven themselves to be completely and utterly corrupt.

The fact that two parties crowd the left means Hudak has the entire right and centre-right to himself.

TVO had Hudak on last night and Steve asked about the 1 million jobs which would less because the 100,000 being canned. Steve pointed out that the feds have lowered the corp. taxes and not much job creation and businesses were setting on trillion of $$. but Hudak still says the jobs will be there and one of his advisors, is coming from Harris.

The NDP have come out with plans to actually save people money and cut costs. Apparently they'll have a "Savings Czar" who's only goal is to create efficiencies.

The Liberals have simply put blinders on and hope that the economy will pick up.

The NDP have come out with plans to actually save people money and cut costs. Apparently they'll have a "Savings Czar" who's only goal is to create efficiencies.

Create efficiencies without (presumably) getting rid of any workers in an organization where the majority of costs are staff wages? Magical thinking. Hudak's claims are hyperbolic but are more credible. Edited by TimG

Hudak critics are quiet today. <_<

Another thing that happened yesterday that was blood curdling was Mayor Hurricane Hazel McHallion coming out in support of Wynne. She said and I quote about the Gas Plants that they were a "Terrible Mistake" but are "Water Under the Bridge" is that what the Wynne campaign things? $1.2 Billion flushed down the drain is "Water Under the Bridge".

HORRIFYING!

I'm surprised at the amount of occurences I have run into of finding people who seem to be either misguided, lost or completely uneducated when it comes to the PC party and Tim Hudak's budget/agenda. In fact it completely blows my mind when I hear of people who's current economic, physical and or social situation would be benefited most by the NDP or the Liberal's, talk about how they are going to vote Conservative because thats what their friend is doing, or that they like the color Blue for a party, or some other completely misguided or non-sensical justification. Research will show that this is usually common because those who would benefit most from an NDP or Liberal party are more often than not the poor, new-comers to Canada, and those who suffer from mental illness and do not have the benefit, opportunity or means to seek out education to get into a successful job one day or to be knowledgable and understanding of politics in Canada.

For Ontarian's (the vast majority in fact) a vote for Tim Hudak and the Conservatives is basically offering, for free! your house, food, or car. Take this for example, I fail to understand how any semi knowledgable parent with children or any person for that matter who makes between 15-75K per year would ever vote for the Conservatives? Not to mention anyone who works in or supports the public sector and government responsibility to the people of Ontario.

Historically it isn't hard to realise that those who are educated in business, law or finance tend to hold a high level profile economic status and tend to vote Conservative. Why? Becuase CEO's and top business executives love tax cut's, they love the fact that a government (yes the body that is supposed to stand up to the corrupt big business CEO's and defend our rights) will give in to their every demand in name of huge profits or some other benefit. People need to understand that most private sector employer's are owned by a person or entity, and that person or entity (9 times out of 10) doesn't care about you. In fact, history show's that companies have fired thousand's to outsource good paying jobs to 3rd world countries that use child labour and or violate hundreds if not thousands of human rights. Want proof? Wal-Mart, Superstore, 99% of clothing companies ext and the list goes on. Human worth and life is sacrifced every day in the name of PROFIT.

Those who are knowledgable of Ontario's state these past few years will know that Ontario's profits are going up and continue to rise. Yes higher taxes are a reality however they provide much needed revenue for the government to put back into Ontario. Tim Hudak's plan to cut and slash taxes would desimate this much needed revenue in times of economic hardship. His million jobs claim (which is grossly false and misleading) primarily will consist of low paying, temporary contract or seasonal jobs. His plan to slash the public service by 100,000 doesn't create jobs, it reduces them... That puts 100,000 well educated and smart people who committ there lives to providing Ontarian's with a safe, healthy and prosperous place to live essentially out on the street. Those brilliant minds will be lost to private organizations that only care for profit, profit and more profit.

When I graduated and made my way into the workforce, I made the choice to work in the public sector, I made the choice to give up the opportunity to make larger gaines in the private sector in the name of social equiallity and to do my part to provide our citizens with fast, effective service and dedicated committment to bettering our lives. For example, the Ministry of Environment exists to monitor, record and ensure that Ontarian's stay healthy and that our environment maintains healthy and safe from those in the private sectore who would harm it and Ontarian's in the name of profit (Dofasco, Shell, Sunshine Oil to name a few). By cutting this workforce and budgets to ministires Hudak is directly willing to openly sacrifce your safety, your families safety, his own safety and the safety of his children and future grand children.

A vote for Hudak is a vote for Wal-Mart, with low wages, no benefits, no sick time, human rights violations, and right wing big business profits, just so they can close up shop to save $10 per employee to move to Bangledesh in favour of slave labour.

Research will show that this is usually common because those who would benefit most from an NDP or Liberal party are more often than not the poor, new-comers to Canada, and those who suffer from mental illness and do not have the benefit, opportunity or means to seek out education to get into a successful job one day or to be knowledgable and understanding of politics in Canada.

People who pay no taxes, in other words, and so aren't much bothered by big budgetary deficits or tax increases.

I fail to understand how any semi knowledgable parent with children or any person for that matter who makes between 15-75K per year would ever vote for the Conservatives?

Maybe they're worried about the fact their kids aren't learning to read and write or do addition. Maybe they're worried about the growing budget deficit. Maybe they have this thing about the outrageous lies the Liberals have told since the election that put McGuinty into power, or their habit of using public money for the benefit of their own party, or the skyrocketing electricity costs...

Historically it isn't hard to realise that those who are educated in business, law or finance tend to hold a high level profile economic status and tend to vote Conservative. Why? Becuase CEO's and top business executives love tax cut's,

You think everyone educated in law, finance or business is a top CEO? You don't think maybe the majority are mid level people making moderate salaries well this side of $100k, maybe?

People who pay no taxes, in other words, and so aren't much bothered by big budgetary deficits or tax increases.

except the NDP has the best record when it comes to balancing budgets, but don't let the truth get in the way of your misconceptions