Moderating Mapleafweb's Moderation

Argus

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaycee, including me and others are tired of posters hiding behind bs, when clearly they are racist. And we are calling it like it is. And if we get suspended, then ok, that's the way it is.

I don't think you have the abilities required to make that determination, but since you so clearly do, please name names. Yes, if you wish to throw around baseless insults at people, people who simply don't buy your version of reality (i know, how could we not agree with you?) then hopefully you will also be banned. If you can't intelligently discuss a topic and defend you're position without constantly hurling smears at people you might want to reconsider your opinion.

I don't think you have the abilities required to make that determination, but since you so clearly do, please name names. Yes, if you wish to throw around baseless insults at people, people who simply don't buy your version of reality (i know, how could we not agree with you?) then hopefully you will also be banned. If you can't intelligently discuss a topic and defend you're position without constantly hurling smears at people you might want to reconsider your opinion.

I'm actually trying to intelligently discuss this but of course that can't happen without the real reasons as to why Jaycee was suspended. I am disturbed by her suspension and I think we should know why.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

I'm actually trying to intelligently discuss this but of course that can't happen without the real reasons as to why Jaycee was suspended. I am disturbed by her suspension and I think we should know why.

What's the big deal...many of us have been suspended (welcome to zee kooler). Do the crime...do the time.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What's the big deal...many of us have been suspended (welcome to zee kooler). Do the crime...do the time.

The big deal is that she was probably suspended for calling out posters who were racist and she probably wasn't wrong.

What if it's not a personal attack. It's calling out a poster for racism. Calling someone out for posting a racist post is not a personal attack.

Yes it is...at several levels. Nobody here is an expert on "racists" anyway....Buffy slayed vampires...not racists.

Ideas can be called out as racism...not members.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Yes it is...at several levels. Nobody here is an expert on "racists" anyway....Buffy slayed vampires...not racists.

Ideas can be called out as racism...not members.

So if no one is an expert, why was jaycee suspended? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. Especially for as long as she was. I don't think anyone here would agree with that suspension.

So if no one is an expert, why was jaycee suspended? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. Especially for as long as she was. I don't think anyone here would agree with that suspension.

Not relevant if it was a personal attack in violation of forum rules. The exact nature of the attack is secondary. Could have just as easily been "rapist", or "sexist", or "Nazi".

I do. That proves you wrong.

Your moderation team? Calling people out for who they are isn't a personal attack.

NOt mine, ours. As in our community here, collective ownership. Just like our PM. Do I own the PM? No but he' still our PM.

Your idea of what's racist may be different from what the moderation team deems to be racist.

NO, we should not know why. The reason why is between our moderation team and the person who faced the discipline.

I do. That proves you wrong.

I also agree.

As BC_2004 has rightly pointed out: call out the ideas as racist and ignore making it personal about the member.

Also report it if it is racist so CA can deal with it.

This is not rocket science and yet here we are in multiple threads about this basic stuff.

Oh for crying out loud. They cut her off at the knees while she was defending vulnerable groups. Seriously,did she really offend anyone for calling them out for their racist beliefs. It is simply disturbing to me that they gave her a suspension.

She was calling anybody who didn't agree with her racist.

How is that promoting open dialogue?