Ben Stiller & Walter Mitty: In One Paragraph/Three Words

August1991

Avoid. Boring. Travesty.

Long ago, I recall struggling through this short story in English. Furber? Intriguing writer. I generally dislike CGI but I thought that this was a novella written for CGI - moreover, how American.

What a boring disaster, Do you want to see $90 million on the screen? Professional effects? Go see this movie,

A modern Waterworld, Ben Stiller will never direct again. Like Heaven's Gate, why/how did this happen?

Thurber seems to be a forgotten writer and it sounds like this film won't help that.

Thurber forgotten? Hardly. His stories tended to be a slice of NY life and are often part of some lit course. Never made to read "The Catbird Seat", I gather?

That being said, the original Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a classic.

Thurber forgotten? Hardly. His stories tended to be a slice of NY life and are often part of some lit course. Never made to read "The Catbird Seat", I gather?

That being said, the original Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a classic.

I much prefer the stories of growing up in Ohio "My Life and Hard Times"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_and_Hard_Times

"Characters include the maid who lives in constant fear of being hypnotised; a grandfather who believes that the American Civil War is still going on; a mother who fears electricity is leaking all over the house and Muggs, "The Dog That Bit People", an Airedale Terrier that had a penchant for biting certain people... including the author."

So, you saw him in a movie at a personal "change of life" moment.

I presume you're male.

???

I related two good performances against many, many shitty ones in his career so far. I;d go so far as to say that I probably wouldn't go to see Walter Mitty or future movies because of his involvement.

He was having a change of life? No idea.

I was having a change of life??? No.

Things could change for Stiller, they did for people like Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey who had some pretty lightweight jobs for a while and now work on better things. Stiller is far more likely to follow people like Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy into one septic tank after another.

Presume what you like about my gender, are you looking for a date?

You are discovering, as we all do, that August's mode of discussion is....quite unique. Especially when it comes to movies.

As in, his remark to you presumably made sense to him, but cannot possibly be comprehended by any of us. And that's just the way it is.

Thaks for the translation

ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa

Thurber hated the Danny Kaye version, apparently.

Most remakes are travesties...I'm waiting for Schindler's List II...perhaps starring Katherine Heigl and Damien Lewis...poor devil.

You're right...

The 1939 version of Wizard of Oz can't hold a candle to the 1925 version (you know, the one with the underage farm girl seducing the farm hands). And don't get me started on the travesty that was the Maltese Falcon.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19190_6-classic-movies-you-didnt-know-were-remakes.html