Opposition spat over Jack Layton's words

Boges

I agree, typical BS I could care less about. They're all a bunch of political hacks just trying to work the game for their own advantage, even Layton, and even on his death bed.

That's why Justin is a breath of fresh air. He's bringing a new level of decorum to politics. I'm glad he refrained from using cheap attack ads in the latest by elections. Trudeau is a man of integrity.

Stealing would be saying his words without citation. He clearly referenced Layton. If you're going to criticize someone, you shouldn't have to lie to do it.

But I agree with Black Dog. It's time to unite the left. The CPC will be in the wilderness for a generation when they inevitably do, so the sooner the better.

Sorry but one cannot steal a gift. The words of Jack Layton were not for the NDP, let alone the Liberal Party, but they were words of wisdom and guidance for everyone to look forward to.

Yes, Jack an NDPer said these words. Yes the NDP wants to live and act by these standards, but this message was for PEOPLE not PARTIES and that is where Justin Trudeau has errored, in suggesting that the Liberals are now the only party with these values.

My goodness, can the arrogance of the Liberal Party , (not liberals) , ever be humbled???

The words of Jack Layton , are good for everyone, be them Conservative, Liberal, NDP , Green, Non Voter.......immigrant, migrant, .... EVERYONE!!!!

And most people would be happy to look towards life with those values in place.

As for Uniting the Left?

Hmm, not certain if I could see a Chrysta Freeland and Linda McQuaig having a meeting of the minds.

I see nothing "left" about moving CCP and EI surpluses into P3 Endeavours!!!

He used Layton's dying words to attack the NDP. That's cheap, but hardly unexpected. The biggest threat to the Liberals is the NDP. The more votes the NDP gets, the less votes the Liberals get. So it makes sense he would be going for Mulcair's throat.

So when trudeau says he is running a ''nice'' campaign, then the media should be taking him to the woodshed on it.

That's why Justin is a breath of fresh air. He's bringing a new level of decorum to politics. I'm glad he refrained from using cheap attack ads in the latest by elections. Trudeau is a man of integrity.

Trudeau is not a man of anything. If he was respectful, he would leave Layton's words to Layton and not try to co-opt them. Ultimately this makes zero difference to 99% of voters, but it's classless. He continues to consistently demonstrate that he is a photogenic kid trying to play grown-up, but has no ideas or vision of his own. The liberals should have chosen somebody with more experience and substance. Any votes Mulcair loses to this guy will be entirely due to Mulcair.

• 3 weeks later...

There was an article at Loonie Politics from a group that is trying to unite the Lib/Dippers and Greens.

The point of the article was that they are all using Jack's words and that they should unite if not in party then on positions and work together. I doubt that it would ever happen as parties and leaders have the thirst for power. Wishful thinking on the left.

http://looniepolitics.com/love-hope-optimism-jacks-words-tell-us-trudeau-mulcair-road-2015/