BC Mountain Eyed for Trudeau Tribute

B.C. village eyes nearby mountain for Trudeau tribute

I think Trudeau would have liked this location as he loved the Canadian wilderness. ;)

I know a lot of you folks here did not like him, the separatists because he defeated them, and the right wingers because he made you share your wealth, but for me he was Canada's greatest prime minister with a real passion for our country, and a real vision for the future.

B.C. village eyes nearby mountain for Trudeau tribute

I think Trudeau would have liked this location as he loved the Canadian wilderness. ;)

I know a lot of you folks here did not like him, the separatists because he defeated them, and the right wingers because he made you share your wealth, but for me he was Canada's greatest prime minister with a real passion for our country, and a real vision for the future.

As long is it is not in Alberta.

so loosing your house for a commie policy is considered as sharing your wealth.

didn't Russia have a policy of taking peoples homes for the good of the peolpe in the days of the revolution.

so quebec has their revolution that means it is time to kick albertans out of there homes.

ticker......I have no idea what you are talking about, apart from the fact you come from fascist Albeta, eh!. ;)

when russia had their revolution after the zar then taking peoples home and wealth seemed like a good idea at the time. quebec had their revolution in the 60's and revolutions seem to go hand in hand with robinhood policies of stealing then calling it sharing.

didn't Russia have a policy of taking peoples homes for the good of the peolpe in the days of the revolution.

so quebec has their revolution that means it is time to kick albertans out of there homes.

WTF?? When did Trudeau or Qubec ever expropriate the property of Albertans?

WTF?? When did Trudeau or Qubec ever expropriate the property of Albertans?

the banks couldn't of done it on their own without the help of trudeau's commie NEP.

what was the name of the energy minister; where did he come from. if we are all to share why didn't hydro "energy" fall under definition of "NEP".

some are more equal then others.

Sorry, but banks foreclosing on homes is a far cry from state seizure of property.

Besdies, that was almost 25 years ago: Alberta is still the richest province in the country. Maybe it's time to let it go.

but the banks didn't take the oil revenue that makes it possible to own those homes.

if trudeau was still in the picture Alberta would not be a rich province.

Sorry, but banks foreclosing on homes is a far cry from state seizure of property.

Besdies, that was almost 25 years ago: Alberta is still the richest province in the country. Maybe it's time to let it go.

but the banks didn't take the oil revenue that makes it possible to own those homes.

if trudeau was still in the picture Alberta would not be a rich province.

you got it wrong MS quebec can vote bloc and the feds will fall all over themselves for a chance to win those 75 seats

but the same does not hold true for alberta with 25 seats that is insignifficant in the quest to form a government.

so just vote liberal and that would solve the problem.

like the liberals trying to accomadate Quebec even though the don't vote liberal.

chetien could say quebec keeps voting for the wrong party but 75 seats is too much of a gamble to anger the voters and say they don't know who to vote for.

I'd like to see the oil company that pays people's mortgages.

If you meant the NEP hurt the oil industry and therefore Alberta's economy, you might be on to something. But blaming Trudeau and the NEP for all of Alberta's woes during that period is a tired canard.

Why not choose a site somewhere in Ontario? Surely it would be better appreciated, and might even see people go to pay their respects (kind of like the Terry Fox memorial just ouside Thunder Bay.)

Locating it in Western Canada will result in it being not appreciated, and leaves people with the daunting task of figuring out how to deface an entire mountain.

-kimmy

Why not choose a site somewhere in Ontario? Surely it would be better appreciated, and might even see people go to pay their respects (kind of like the Terry Fox memorial just ouside Thunder Bay.)

Locating it in Western Canada will result in it being not appreciated, and leaves people with the daunting task of figuring out how to deface an entire mountain.

-kimmy

I guess this was the left's secret agenda.

get rid of petro canada so it can be replaced with another liberal symbol from the same era.

I like the idea of a mountain named after Trudeau but shorten it to Mt Trudea it sounds a little long to go the whole Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Lots of people in BC liked him at least he said what he meant; you could trust his word. He may have been left of center but he was not "left". But then you Albertan righties think anyone who doesn't believe as you do is leftist.

So we have to change every map to accommodate some peoples love affair with PET? Doesn't bother me as long as I don't we don't have to pay for it. I didn't live in Alberta during PET's reign, I lived in BC. Didn't really do anything for me. The man is not a true hero though, there are others who gave more for this country than he ever did. As a politician, he didn't take any crap from anyone which may be very admirable but doesn't make him a hero. Kimmy is right though, name something in Ontario after him, people in out west wouldn't really care one way or another.

We will never know for sure exactly how much he did do for Canada but I think without his strong action and refusing to bargain with the FLQ despite the additional danger to his own family; we don't know what Canada would look like today. At least for once, most Americans knew the name of our Prime Minister.

I like the idea of a mountain named after Trudeau but shorten it to Mt Trudea it sounds a little long to go the whole Pierre Elliot Trudeau. Lots of people in BC liked him at least he said what he meant; you could trust his word. He may have been left of center but he was not "left". But then you Albertan righties think anyone who doesn't believe as you do is leftist.

there si no doubt in my mind that trudea was a leftist, he was after all an ex-NDP'er. I don't think he was the best Prime Minister, and i think he is slightly over rated, but he did a good Job and I don't really mind naming a mountain after the guy, if we can name a street after Mario lemuiex, we can name a mountaina fter Trudea, but I agree, just plain mount Trudea sounds alot better.

I like the idea of a mountain named after Trudeau but shorten it to Mt Trudea it sounds a little long to go the whole Pierre Elliot Trudeau.  Lots of people in BC liked him at least he said what he meant; you could trust his word.  He may have been left of center but he was not "left".  But then you Albertan righties think anyone who doesn't believe as you do is leftist.

there si no doubt in my mind that trudea was a leftist, he was after all an ex-NDP'er. I don't think he was the best Prime Minister, and i think he is slightly over rated, but he did a good Job and I don't really mind naming a mountain after the guy, if we can name a street after Mario lemuiex, we can name a mountaina fter Trudea, but I agree, just plain mount Trudea sounds alot better.

Caesar must be an extreme lefty if he thinks

Trudeau was a moderate.

As you say PET was an ex-NDP'er but switched to the liberals for a chance at power and the NDP said they were looking forward to seeing his policies I mean their policies when the liberals picked him.

He was in the wrong party and should of just run for head of the NEP I mean NDP.

Jack Layton was a liberal back in PET's time. And as a loyal lefty he would like to see the rebirth of the NEP like the NDP was calling for in 88.

The question is does Layton have the influence on the liberals to equate to an ex-NDP'er camouflaged as a liberal leader.

:lol:

Whatever. :rolleyes: That's easy Kimmy. Here is the surefire perfect plan. Rezone the area as a national park, suggest that there might be energy like coal in there, Campbell and his advisors will conduct their 5 minute environmental assessment over a 2-4 of Coors (or crystal meth. whatever) and then watch the corporations clamour to practice "environmentally friendly, and sustainable" industry. The mountain will be gone in no time and the reclamation will look like crap for hundreds of years.

When I think of PET, I recall Ontario lakes and the fall trees. Fall in Ontario is beautiful. That seems more suitable but really....who cares? It is just a mountain.

Trudeau was Canada's prime minister, not the just the East's PM, not just the North's PM, but PM for all of us.

If someone wants to go celebrate some jerk like Mulroney, or Klein, or whomever, go ahead and do it, and you won't hear me complaining. That's your perogative.

But if I, and the many other Canadians wish to celebrate Trudeau's life, back off and let us do it. I find the naysayers here very mean spirited. :angry: