"Disappearing Palestine" bus ads anger Jewish groups

Black Dog

One other thing. Do you notice Black Dog again tries to misstate what I said and take it out of its context? Hah. He's funny. Problem is its a real stale tactic ad when its thrown back in his face he repeats the technique again. Hah.

You'd notice that I quote you directly to avoid any possible misinterpretations on my part. I write anything I can't back up with your own words or, if I'm making a claim requiring some sort of evidence, an external reference. You? Not so much.

I'll be blunt. You are a hack. Your presence here drags the whole board down not because of your political views, which are mostly pedestrian, but your complete lack of debating skills (to say nothing of basic literacy). I used to not believe you were a lawyer as you claimed, because I couldn't fathom a real lawyer lasting long in the profession with the shoddy debating skills you regularly display (not to mention the appalling spelling and grammar). Now I think you must be a lawyer, albeit one who confirms all the worst stereotypes of his profession in terms of rank dishonesty and intellectual cowardice. To be really blunt: you are a lying piece of shit.

Edited by Black Dog

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think they (or anyone else) should have to leave land unwillingly... but I often see this stated as some kind of axiom. But in fact, millions of people leave the land they were born on and move elsewhere, voluntarily, every year. This isn't the middle ages, we are not serfs tied to our villages. People have the ability to move almost anywhere in the world and live out their lives as they please. I've been an immigrant 3 times now and probably will be again. If I were born somewhere as crappy as Palestine (or Israel for that matter) I would have long since left. What's the big deal?

Reality is, no matter what Israel does, living in Palestine will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. Israel could cease all occupation, cease all blockades, remove checkpoints, leave the West Bank and Gaza to do whatever the heck they wanted today, and those places would still suck to live in. Why would anyone with half a brain stay?

Most people have little choice. Keep in mind that about 1/3 of the human race lives in squallor, and countries that would offer more economic opportunity carefully control immigration. A very small minority may be in a position to uproot their families and move elsewhere, and Im sure some have.

He sure is and you and Dre as well. Your selectivity as to what you find acceptable

is laughable.

Actually whats laughable is you jumping up and down playing the Nazi card, writing long disjointed posts that mention hitler and the nazis dozens of times, and comparing an ad that asserts a simple geographical fact to hitler, the nazis, and anti-homosexual propoganda.

Hitler! Nazis! Hitler! Goebels!

Actually whats laughable is you jumping up and down playing the Nazi card, writing long disjointed posts that mention hitler and the nazis dozens of times, and comparing an ad that asserts a simple geographical fact to hitler, the nazis, and anti-homosexual propoganda.

The ad most certainly isn't a simple geological fact. Where...for example...on those maps does it show Jordan's annexation of the West Bank? Where does it show every Arab country attacking Israel in 1948 and losing? Etc...

Edited by DogOnPorch

Unlike yourself, I don't report folks. But I also don't call folks names.

In all my time I reported one guy for using racial slurs and another for having multiple accounts. Oh and maybe Rue once or twice way back in the day for lying about/defaming me (i guess he's never learned either). If you're butthurt about someone reporting you for being a troll, it weren't this guy.

Guest American Woman

The ad most certainly isn't a simple geological fact. Where...for example...on those maps does it show Jordan's annexation of the West Bank? Where does it show every Arab country attacking Israel in 1948 and losing? Etc...

Yet how many people will look at those maps and just see what's there?

Who said anything about geological facts? Are you now complaining about the map because it doesnt show mineral and ore deposits?

Who said anything about geological facts? Are you now complaining about the map because it doesnt show mineral and ore deposits?

It's designed to make it look like the dirty Jews are conducting a vicious genocide by the inches and are getting away with it at the expense of the poor misunderstood Palestinian victims. The so-called Palestinians STARTED the war.

It's designed to make it look like the dirty Jews are conducting a vicious genocide by the inches and are getting away with it at the expense of the poor misunderstood Palestinian victims. The so-called Palestinians STARTED the war.

Geological and geographical are two different terms. Reading comprehension is key.

No, almost none of the palestinians were alive when the war started, and Israeli expansion and colonization has gone on consistantly in the last 40 years even in the absense of such wars.

Its designed to make it look like it is. That a bunch of people who were not even alive in 1948 or 1967 are being forced off their land.

Geological and geographical are two different terms. Reading comprehension is key.

You know as well as I that the folks that paid for those ads are NOT going to bring up the Grand Mufti nor the various Arab-Israeli Wars. Their agenda is to portray Israel as an aggressor that is ethnically cleansing the region of the peace-loving Arab peoples of the region who were merely tending their olives when the evil Zionist showed up and stole everybody's land.

Bus passenger: Those b****ards!

No, almost none of the palestinians were alive when the war started, and Israeli expansion and colonization has gone on consistantly in the last 40 years even in the absense of such wars.

Its designed to make it look like it is. That a bunch of people who were not even alive in 1948 or 1967 are being forced off their land.

BFD. I WAS alive in 1967.

Yup. How dare they publish a map without the mineral and ore deposits. :lol:

Strawman. Nowhere did I think the maps needed these references. However, they ARE completely out of context and DO NOT show even one once of Arab complicity in the situation. It's ALL those dirty Jews fault.

Strawman. Nowhere did I think the maps needed these references. However, they ARE completely out of context and DO NOT show even one once of Arab complicity in the situation. It's ALL those dirty Jews fault.

They dont even mention whos at fault. They show how land is dispursed between the two populations. People are free to make their own conclusions about how to apportion blame and how much each side gets. The undeniable fact being illustrated is that millions of people, most of whom were not even alive when Israel and its Arab neighbors were squabbling over that pile of dirt are being forced off of their land.

You know as well as I that the folks that paid for those ads are NOT going to bring up the Grand Mufti nor the various Arab-Israeli Wars. Their agenda is to portray Israel as an aggressor that is ethnically cleansing the region of the peace-loving Arab peoples of the region who were merely tending their olives when the evil Zionist showed up and stole everybody's land.

You used the term geological instead of geographical. That is what Dre was attempting to point out.

They dont even mention whos at fault. They show how land is dispursed between the two populations. People are free to make their own conclusions about how to apportion blame and how much each side gets. The undeniable fact being illustrated is that millions of people, most of whom were not even alive when Israel and its Arab neighbors were squabbling over that pile of dirt are being forced off of their land.

The maps are provocative and out of context. They clearly wish to demonstrate that Israel is the aggressor in the Middle East. You can try to whitewash it for me if you wish...but you'll only frustrate yourself. I KNOW how the situation got to where it is. Even you have sketchy and/or selective knowledge in this department. But, I remember Yom Kippur and Yasser Arafat blowing-up aircraft (etc) even if you'd like to pretend such things never happened.