US A Hated Nation, Thanks To Bush

Bush Policy Brings the World on his Back

This has nothing to do with right wing or left wing, as both US political parties are right wing.

Americans are becoming more and more isolated. Why do you think Carolyn Parrish's comments are received so well in Canada? And Canada is one of the US's closest allies, so imagine what other societies think about the US. It is definitely not a pretty picture. :ph34r:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Everytime I watch Bush I keep feeling I am watching the world's greatest con-artist. By repeating his simple message over and over again, he is making his audience look 1 way while the real story is happening somewhere else.

What is the real reason behind the invasion of IRAQ? Why does Bush feel that he is allowed to rise above international law to launch this war? Doesn't this make the US the biggest rogue nation in the world? Why would a COMMANDER IN CHIEF think that the risk of alienating the world is worth the gains from invading IRAQ? I am sure it has something unsavory to do with SAUDI ARABIA and OIL and has nothing to do with this misnamed WAR ON TERROR.

We are all in big trouble and another 4 years will only make it MUCH, MUCH WORSE. So why to 50% of Americans support him? It will be a long, long time before we find out the truth.

The important distinction to be made here is are you anti-US or anti-Bush? There is a difference.

I am very far from being anti-American. I do consider myself ant-Bush, and before I get lambasted by Americans I was also anti-Chretien, and I can probably consider myself anti-Martin, because it was Martin as Finance Minister that presided over the Sponsorship mess and the cuts to various programs, including the military.

As far as I am concerned, I can be anti-Bush without being anti-American.

I thought it was important to point that out.

To reiterate the point I made in the last post, here's an article from Fox (I know :D ) that points out what I said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135545,00.html

However, many of those polled separated their feelings about the U.S. government from their views of the American people. Sixty-eight percent said they had a favorable opinion of Americans

• 4 weeks later...
It's only four more years, what could he do in four years?

He could blow the surplus...oh wait: he's done that.

He could oversee a net job loss..oh wait: he's done that.

Uh...I know! he could invade a Middle Eastern country! Oh nuts. (Granted, he has others to choose from.)

Well, he's done a lot in the first four years: I shudder to think at how much more he could "accomplish" in the next four.

The important distinction to be made here is are you anti-US or anti-Bush? There is a difference.

I gues sthere is. Though I can't say I am particularily "pro" Americans who voted for Bush and his agenda of division. On the plus side, America isn't as divided as the punditocracy would have us believe:

Election results maps.

I am strongly anit Bush and his leader Cheney. I am not too impressed with the American people who re-elected this dangerous cold hearted arrogant @$#$$ back into office. Either they are dumb or just plain vicious and arrogant themselves. Fortunately, I live on the west coast and the Americans on the west coast did not vote him in. They are the ones I will see most of the time. I will treat every American I meet as if they did not return that turkey to office.

Canada is one of the US's closest allies

:lol: How is that? with all the military support we provide! LOL or is it our great diplomacy with our anti-american population and our anti-american national news agency. MS you are awsome! :lol:

Don't be absurd. Canada and the US are very close allies. We are both members of NATO, and we are partners in NORAD.

There is nothing to suggest that the bulk of the population of Canada, nor the CBC is anti-American, rightwing canards notwithstanding.

It's no secret that the US has plenty of enemies. But who would have thought that the peace-loving nation it shares a huge unguarded border with - and a daily trade worth $1bn - was one of its fiercest opponents. Matthew Engel reports from the country that loathes its neighbour
Canada, US #1 enemy

Matthew Engel is full of shite, and very easy to refute.

First, opinions about George Criminal Bush, no matter how negative, do not equate to being anti-American. Plenty of Americans don't like Bush either. A commentator who ignores this basic point of logic isn't worthy of any serious consideration.

Second, his claim that 69% of Canadians to say that the US is "partly to blame for 9/11" is a dishonest distortion of the actual poll, which actually asked a different question. And anyway, holding the view that 9/11 didn't happen in isolation from historical US foreign policy also hardly equates with disliking America. It is possible to believe that people have made mistakes without hating them for it. (DUH.)

• 2 weeks later...
Bush Policy Brings the World on his Back

This has nothing to do with right wing or left wing, as both US political parties are right wing.

Americans are becoming more and more isolated. Why do you think Carolyn Parrish's comments are received so well in Canada? And Canada is one of the US's closest allies, so imagine what other societies think about the US. It is definitely not a pretty picture. :ph34r:

I've read many assurances that foreign nationals don't hate Americans; they just hate George W. Bush. I think this is a big mistake. Nearly half the voters chose Bush in 2000 and 2004, and those who voted for someone else are hardly innocent; what kind of resistance have they mounted?

It's no secret that many Americans are disgusted with themselves or each other, with liberals and conservatives blasting each other mercilessly.

Frankly, I've come to despise both sides. The Seattle liberals who rally behind the Vichy Democrats are unbelievably apathetic and stupid, and I really don't think things are much different in other cities.

Americans need to clean up their act. There's nothing cool about apathy and stupidity.

Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives. - US Federal Bureau of Investigation

Read the sentence carefully. You didn’t hear it on any corporate media newscast since 9/11. It’s the official US FBI definition of terrorism.  In its official definition, the FBI does not limit terrorism to stateless individuals or groups. In its official definition, the FBI does not suggest that terrorism cannot be perpetrated by the leader of a nation state. But even more amazing is that the official FBI definition of terrorism describes exactly what George Bush did in the aftermath of the attacks of 9/11!

• 3 weeks later...

Thats right, MS. Because things were just peachy between the US and Al Queda before Bush was elected president.

I understand that morons like yourself are anxious to repair damages to these relations caused by Bush. So here's a good way to start: eradicate democracy, install an Islamist theocracy, make women walk around in burkas, and stone them to death if they get out of line.

All ready, MS?

Thats right, MS. Because things were just peachy between the US and Al Queda before Bush was elected president.

I understand that morons like yourself are anxious to repair damages to these relations caused by Bush. So here's a good way to start: eradicate democracy, install an Islamist theocracy, make women walk around in burkas, and stone them to death if they get out of line.

All ready, MS?

Somewhere Jerry Falwell's thinking "Hey! That's a great idea...."