Conservatives lied about snubbing Marc Garneau

Lying about it is what punks would do, not real men.

I can understand being partisan and petty for political reasons, but lying to the public about something not involving national security is completely not good government, it is corrupt government, and Canadians don't need no crooks.

If they are lying about something as trivial as this, what else are they lying about that is serious.

That's the point.

Lying about it and blaming other people.

That's the point.

Lying about it and blaming other people.

That's every political party in existence. Hopefully you are consistent in your beliefs, and vote for nobody at election time since none can meet that standard.

Ever watch power and politics? Notice how, no matter what issue it is, no matter what people are involved, no matter what the facts are, no matter the time or the place, that 100% of the time the opposition parties disagree with the incumbent party on 100% of the issues? That's intellectually dishonest, but it's politics. There is NO case in which NDP or Liberal will agree with the CPC or each other, and this has nothing to do with the actual issues. They all spin and lie as best they can get away with.

But some do different things in practice that affect us, and that's what matters. This astronaut thing, makes exactly zero practical difference to anyone in Canada, it only makes a symbolic difference to a small cadre of malcontents on parliament hill.

Edited by hitops

Ever watch power and politics? Notice how, no matter what issue it is, no matter what people are involved, no matter what the facts are, no matter the time or the place, that 100% of the time the opposition parties disagree with the incumbent party on 100% of the issues? That's intellectually dishonest, but it's politics.

I'm no Liberal shill but I watched that show today as the Liberal (the new Labrador one) said we must be objective and weigh what regs are needed in the face of the train disaster trying to agree with the CPC member until he was dumb enough to say that they were dragging their arse on regs that might've prevented it and that CN/CP are implementing on their own as a PR move. Well that was chum in the water at that point. I think the CPC could get the Liberals on board with a lot of common sense things if they weren't going for the throat 24/7.

I'm no Liberal shill but I watched that show today as the Liberal (the new Labrador one) said we must be objective and weigh what regs are needed in the face of the train disaster trying to agree with the CPC member until he was dumb enough to say that they were dragging their arse on regs that might've prevented it and that CN/CP are implementing on their own as a PR move. Well that was chum in the water at that point. I think the CPC could get the Liberals on board with a lot of common sense things if they weren't going for the throat 24/7.

Just listened to that myself, I couldn't quite tell but I think it was the NDP member who decided not to go full attack mode on the issue so I do give him (her?) credit for that.

I suppose 100% is the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Nothing the incumbent party ever does is good enough for the opposition parties generally, make no difference the issue, or even if the opposition party who do/did the exact same thing. Politics.

Edited by hitops

What does CP/CN have to do with this American Company that just laid off a third of its workforce and is already only putting one person on each train it runs... was it the head or feet they got rid of?

You know bill gates is like owns 10% of CN what does he care about the health effect on Canadians?

None the less, as the whistle blows... all I got to say maybe they are looking into this to 1. prevent law suits, 2. prevent government actually controlling compliance audits and safety checks like they do for trucks... cause rail insures its own safety.. actually it is quite odd in terms of government... the government doesn't profit from it but you have things like rail cops...

fact is though what CN and CP or any other company does on their own isn't a standard... this american company didn't improve its safety it laid off staff...and Irving Oil is being sued. None the less it helps no one to play cleanup... we need to stop the accidents, not bury the bodies and throw some caustic soda on the toxic wastes.

Edited by AlienB

I have to laugh at this one, trying to find a real scandal. You want real scandals read the history of chretiens gov, then you will know what a scandal is. lol

Indeed! But the Liberals, being two-faced and the masters of hypocrisy and deceit. pretend that Chretch and his bunch of thugs did nothing wrong. A good read is the history of Andre Oullet's tenure as head of Canada Post. He never submitted receipts with his claims for expenses.

Indeed! But the Liberals, being two-faced and the masters of hypocrisy and deceit. pretend that Chretch and his bunch of thugs did nothing wrong. A good read is the history of Andre Oullet's tenure as head of Canada Post. He never submitted receipts with his claims for expenses.

Chretch? I trust no one reports you for breach of MLW rules, hey?

expense claims without receipts? I've had employment examples in the past where receipts weren't required... unless one went over a predetermined range for 'representative' personal allowance or 'representative' personal/client allowance. Of course, the higher up the management food-chain, allowed for even more personal discretionary allowance.

in any case, you should update your standard Liberal bashing talking points: Senate, MP Expenses: Politicians Can Claim $90 A Day For Food Without Showing Receipts

MPs and senators are allowed to claim up to $89.95 per day for breakfast, lunch and dinner, without having to show how they spent the money, while working in the national capital region. Members of Parliament are also eligible for per diems while traveling across the country or abroad and may also charge taxpayers for meals while traveling in their own riding.

Chretch? I trust no one reports you for breach of MLW rules, hey?

expense claims without receipts? I've had employment examples in the past where receipts weren't required... unless one went over a predetermined range for 'representative' personal allowance or 'representative' personal/client allowance. Of course, the higher up the management food-chain, allowed for even more personal discretionary allowance.

in any case, you should update your standard Liberal bashing talking points: Senate, MP Expenses: Politicians Can Claim $90 A Day For Food Without Showing Receipts

Waldo, when people are making points that make you uncomfortable, do you always run to the rule-book? Did you also run to the teacher when you were in elementary school?

$90 a day is a pittance and not at all unreasonable. It amounts to less than $33,000 for a whole year. Nobody is going to get rich by claiming, but not spending, that kind of money.

Waldo, when people are making points that make you uncomfortable, do you always run to the rule-book? Did you also run to the teacher when you were in elementary school?

$90 a day is a pittance and not at all unreasonable. It amounts to less than $33,000 for a whole year. Nobody is going to get rich by claiming, but not spending, that kind of money.

Funny with all the names harper has been called here , I never seen waldo come out to defend him. Double standards here are the same as the media.

Guest Derek L

I, along with thousands of other teachers in this nation are concrned with our eroding democracy. The Canadian Teachers Federation is leading a movement to restore democracy in Canada. The "Hear My Voice" campain is gaining steam.

http://vox.ctf-fce.ca/default.aspx?lang=EN&set=1

Actually no, no they’re not…..My Sister and Brother in-law, both teachers in BC, like all the other members of the BCTF are about to get a 10 year deal shoved down their throats, likely with little to no wage increases……..and all this stuff you say about you being a teacher I’m forced to question, fore in BC perspective teachers TOC anywhere from 5-10 years before getting a contract…….I don’t know about Ontario, but I think you’re setting yourself up for a major disappointment if you think you’ll get a full-time job in your first couple of years.

Actually no, no they’re not…..My Sister and Brother in-law, both teachers in BC, like all the other members of the BCTF are about to get a 10 year deal shoved down their throats, likely with little to no wage increases……..and all this stuff you say about you being a teacher I’m forced to question, fore in BC perspective teachers TOC anywhere from 5-10 years before getting a contract…….I don’t know about Ontario, but I think you’re setting yourself up for a major disappointment if you think you’ll get a full-time job in your first couple of years.

I don't see how your reply has anything to do with my comment.

Guest Derek L

I don't see how your reply has anything to do with my comment.

You've suggested that actual teachers are leading a movement across Canada.........Teachers in BC currently don't have a contract and will be force fed one in September, hardly an example of leading a movement.

You've suggested that actual teachers are leading a movement across Canada.........Teachers in BC currently don't have a contract and will be force fed one in September, hardly an example of leading a movement.

I guess you don't understand the movement. Read up. (sigh)

Guest Derek L

I guess you don't understand the movement. Read up. (sigh)

Your's is a "movement", mine is the reality that the teachers in the third most populace Province don't have a contract and will be forced to sign a lousy ten year deal by the BC Liberal Government.......hardly a movement gaining steam "across the country"....or in BC....

The fact is, the BCTF wasted any political capital on the their "movement" supporting the BC NDP vocally during our election.