US Netflix in Canada Guide!

danielrw

Hey everyone, I just got on US Netflix last night and wanted to share the way to get it... It's a heck of a lot better than Canadian! All you have to do is:

And that is it. I think US Netflix has something like 5000 more shows.

An easier way is just to change the IP number on the settings of your device. In my case an Xbox 360. I think you can get a number from Google. A lot more TV shows and they show movies shown on TMN. I'll still pay for TMN because of the HBO content on some other new movies very quickly. The latest Batman movie was on this week.

An easier way is just to change the IP number on the settings of your device. In my case an Xbox 360. I think you can get a number from Google. A lot more TV shows and they show movies shown on TMN. I'll still pay for TMN because of the HBO content on some other new movies very quickly. The latest Batman movie was on this week.

I tried the free DNS's off YouTube but they kept dying on me. I was about to subscribe to Blockless for the stability. Do you have some DNS's you could share that are solid and stick? Would be appreciated :)

Edited by danielrw

Apparently this practice is very widespread. Reminds me of the good old days when Canadians had pirate cable tv boxes and satellite cards just to receive more delicious Yankee programming.

More Canadians are pretending to be Americans than ever, but it’s only so they can watch better Netflix.

Canadians are bypassing Netflix region locks and watching television shows and movies that are supposed to only be available to American Netflix subscribers.

http://o.canada.com/2012/10/08/thousands-of-canadians-are-accessing-u-s-netflix/

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Changing the IP won't do that. One would be using a proxy which can mimic an IP from the USA. Your modem and Internet provider have a specific range of IPs to use. If you use Rogers in Canada, you cannot put in an IP from the USA. It won't work.

Sorry not IP. It's as simple as changing the DNS numbers in the settings of your Xbox. A friend of mine gave me the numbers. It was very easy. There seems to be many methods that don't require you to send sign up for something.

When I was in the UK I got even better content on my phone using their Netflix. I guess it's all about rights fees and stuff.

Sorry not IP. It's as simple as changing the DNS numbers in the settings of your Xbox. A friend of mine gave me the numbers. It was very easy. There seems to be many methods that don't require you to send sign up for something.

When I was in the UK I got even better content on my phone using their Netflix. I guess it's all about rights fees and stuff.

I find this kind of funny when we live in an ever globalized world, things like content restrictions by country on the Internet flies in the face of much of that.

Sorry this video cannot be shown in your country.

I find this kind of funny when we live in an ever globalized world, things like content restrictions by country on the Internet flies in the face of much of that.

Sorry this video cannot be shown in your country.

Yeah but nothing on Netflix is new except for the handful of original content.

You have to wait for up to a year to get seasons of popular shows.

It's funny, they were showing the first season of Homeland on a basic cable channel in Canada called Bravo. The day after the last episode aired it got put on Netflix. I'm thinking I'll have to wait until season 3 starts before they'll put season 2 on Netflix.

I like it because there are a lot of movies on there I would have never even been exposed to if they weren't on Netflix.

Edited by Boges