Attack ads of Today and 2007 show SAME poll results..

So is this a "Trend" or is the media simply not connecting the dots. The Figures from the polls respondents.. Dion attack ads and Figures from the polls for Trudeau attack adds are the SAME!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Poll: Con attack ads unfair, pope is catholic

So, a Decima poll says of the 38 per cent of Canadians that saw the Conservative attack ads, 59 per cent said they were unfair and two thirds said the ads weren't relevant to how they'd vote in the next election.

Or, in order words, Conservative supporters liked the ads and everyone else thought they were dumb. Hardly surprising. Does it mean the Conservative ads were/are a failure though? Not hardly. If the election were held today maybe.

And from Yesterday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/08/trudeau-attack-ads-liberals-conservatives-poll_n_3237888.html?ir=Canada+Politics

"Or, in other words, Conservative supporters liked the ads and everyone else thought they were dumb. Hardly surprising. Does it mean the Conservative ads were/are a failure though? Not hardly. If the election were held today maybe.

If Stephen Harper was hoping Conservatives could blunt the effect of Trudeau’s arrival as Liberal leader, the early indications are that they failed. In fact, of the 39 per cent of respondents who said they saw the ads, Liberals held a 10-point advantage over the governing Tories. The two parties were tied among Canadians who hadn't seen the commercials."

We can now say that Dion and Trudeau are 1% apart !

Edited by Fletch 27

Every single election, people say they dislike negative ads. And every election, those ads influence them anyway whether they like it or not, and that's why they get run.

The people who hate the ads were not going to vote CPC anyway. The question is whether the ads will push them away from Trudeau towards Mulcair.

In my opinion, and what I see happening is that the Tories will "Tone down" the ads and monitor them and tune and time them like a swiss watch.. They will administer them "just enough" as to have people migrate away from Mulcair (Most whom voted for Jack was a retaliation or Sympathy vote and were going to vote Liberal next turn) and to Justin and effectively splitting the vote allowing for another Majority..

With the polls from 2007 (Dion) and yesterday (Justin) being basically exactly the same results, I think this does not bode well for Justin.. And im kind of ashamed of our Canadian media for not highlighting the similarities.. I think it would be a larger story IMO...

Every single election, people say they dislike negative ads. And every election, those ads influence them anyway whether they like it or not, and that's why they get run.

The people who hate the ads were not going to vote CPC anyway. The question is whether the ads will push them away from Trudeau towards Mulcair.

Edited by Fletch 27

In my opinion, and what I see happening is that the Tories will "Tone down" the ads and monitor them and tune and time them like a swiss watch.. They will administer them "just enough" as to have people migrate away from Mulcair (Most whom voted for Mulcair was a retaliation or Sympathy vote and were going to vote Liberal next turn) and to Justin and effectively splitting the vote allowing for another Majority..

With the polls from 2007 (Dion) and yesterday (Justin) being basically exactly the same results, I think this does not bode well for Justin.. And im kind of ashamed of our Canadian media for not highlighting the similarities.. I think it would be a larger story IMO...

I think you're right, it's all about the careful balancing of NDP and Lib voters for the CPC. Personally, I think they should just let Justin goof himself into a corner and lay off the ads. Let people see the CPC as above the fray and let Justin do himself in. Lots of voters will move back from the NDP to the Libs as you say, let Mulcair fight for them.

Edited by hitops

I Agree but there are just far to many voters who vote with no semblance of reason other than habit.. These ads are there to Educate the voters who do not follow politics as you and I do. The ads are there to simply relay the message of the silliness and antics and comments of JT and his party..Otherwise, they would simply vote as their mother and father did, and grandparents and so on and so on...

I think you're right, it's all about the careful balancing of NDP and Lib voters for the CPC. Personally, I think they should just let Justin goof himself into a corner and lay off the ads. Let people see the CPC as above the fray and let Justin do himself him. Lots of voters will move back from the NDP to the Libs as you say, let Mulcair fight for them.

Then why would the polls be exactly the same as in 2007? Your comment runs contradictory to the polls...

And most Canadians are in tune with the commencement of the 3Billion dollars in the "Terrorism" budget started under the Liberals WAY before the Tories.. And all agree, its not "Lost"... it was allocated elsewhere...

The "People want change" agenda also flies in the face of the exact same results from 2007 till today... Doesn't seem like a desire to change does it?

In my view, this time around the Tories have two giants items against them in the court of public opinion, the first is Pierre Poutine, and the second is the missing or misplace 3Billion. Then there's always the people want change agenda.

Then why would the polls be exactly the same as in 2007? Your comment runs contradictory to the polls...

And most Canadians are in tune with the commencement of the 3Billion dollars in the "Terrorism" budget started under the Liberals WAY before the Tories.. And all agree, its not "Lost"... it was allocated elsewhere...

The "People want change" agenda also flies in the face of the exact same results from 2007 till today... Doesn't seem like a desire to change does it?

Yes, that's right and today in Parliament the Liberals tracked it until 2004, 2005 election year and 2006 Tory era. The Tories can't or won't say were it is and now people are wondering if they spent it on G8, G20, or else where. NO goverment can't say its there without proving where it is.

In my view, this time around the Tories have two giants items against them in the court of public opinion, the first is Pierre Poutine, and the second is the missing or misplace 3Billion. Then there's always the people want change agenda.

the 3 bil chetiens gang lost/ stole.

They really tracked it? That's news to me.. Can you please share your cite?

So again, since 2006, "People want change".... In the 2008 election, more people voted for Stephen

Then, in 2008, we meant it this time and we REALLY want change... And Dion flopped and MORE people voted for Stephen.

Then, in 2011,, We REALLY REALLY mean it this time.. the "People want change".. and Stephen Harper gets the Majority....

So, let me get this straight... You REALLY REALLY mean Canada,, and the people REALLY want change this time?? Or as opposed to "Canada" wanting change... is it maybe the few that wonder "where the money went" want change... cuz most of us understand how it was handled...

I see a pattern forming...

Yes, that's right and today in Parliament the Liberals tracked it until 2004, 2005 election year and 2006 Tory era. The Tories can't or won't say were it is and now people are wondering if they spent it on G8, G20, or else where. NO goverment can't say its there without proving where it is.

That's kind of an "Opinion" isn't it? We were talking about this over beers in the front yard.. Most seem to consider this a very open government.. And "Accountable" to the best extent that the liberals left them with.... All think the Libs left this mess in the remaining 4 years..

A great analogy was that if "I buried a body in a house basement and you bought the house,,,, how would you know where the body is or if theres a body"

Still going on about that? It's done.

Harper has proven that he's no more accountable or transparent.

That's all we need to know.

They really tracked it? That's news to me.. Can you please share your cite?

So again, since 2006, "People want change".... In the 2008 election, more people voted for Stephen

Then, in 2008, we meant it this time and we REALLY want change... And Dion flopped and MORE people voted for Stephen.

Then, in 2011,, We REALLY REALLY mean it this time.. the "People want change".. and Stephen Harper gets the Majority....

So, let me get this straight... You REALLY REALLY mean Canada,, and the people REALLY want change this time?? Or as opposed to "Canada" wanting change... is it maybe the few that wonder "where the money went" want change... cuz most of us understand how it was handled...

I see a pattern forming...

Sorry can't do, don't you watch Parliament debates?

I would like a cite... I provide oodles.. And this is pretty important information that you hold close to your chest... I would LOVE to see this information .....

You say the Liberals can provide this or have? This is CRUCIAL info and really could put a nail in the coffin of the Tories!!!!! Great news! Please provide ASAP~!

Im sorry, when I finish working.... the debates are over... So it should be an easy cite as its recorded.... Please provide... Its critical for Canada to understand how this is a Tory fault,, CRITICAL

Sorry can't do, don't you watch Parliament debates?

Edited by Fletch 27

Again, I need to drive this back to the original post... Many have driven this in another direction to steer the conversation..

Any comment on why the 2007 results are the exact same at Yesterdays poll? Is this a reflection or trend? Why is the media not reciting or commenting on the 1% difference? Will this be a carbon copy of a "Dion" election?

We were talking about this over beers in the front yard.. Most seem to consider this a very open government.. "

Says the guys drinking beer in the front yard. Yay, a whole consensus of three or four guys drinking beer.

The Pope was drinking beer with his Cardinals and most seem to consider catholicism has no pressing issues.

Yea....about that group....

Still going on about that? It's done.

Harper has proven that he's no more accountable or transparent.

That's all we need to know.

All it proves is chretien is still haunting the country. Just like ONT where we will be hearing about alot of missing money over the coming years. Face it, the libs are corrupt.