Kairos

PIK

• 4 weeks later...

... and so what if it is not the 1st time.

--- because that made the difference between getting a warning and getting a time out.

I don't do it on purpose but 2 weeks ,come on.

The intentions and motivations behind your actions do not enter into the equation. As moderators, we are dealing with numbers because there are a lot of folks here and a lo9t of nonsense gets posted. You are lucky to have only got 2 weeks.

As Greg said above, if we have to repeatedly warn you of the same thing, you are going to get a time out.

For what it may be worth, I hate it as much as you do but the VAST MAJORITY of people who get warnings, acknowledge what they did and change their future posting behavior. That is what we want from every single member. You are not likely going to get a lot of support for your complaint.

Just read this thread, how could the posting of a Monty Python video be the equivalent of Hate Speech?

It is not. That is not why the image was deleted. The image was deleted because it was clutter and did not add to the debate.

Your question demonstrates what happens when clutter is posted in the forum: it distracts and confuses the debate!!

QED

I think memebers should be able to review the moderators at times to make sure they are not doing this for political purposes.

Go ahead! Read the stuff I posted in the past and try to find a political purpose behind it. However, I warn you: I have hardened up since then!

I really have to chuckle at your suggestion. The accusation of moderator bias gets bandied about every once in a while. Unlike Greg, I do not think there is a fair mix of ideologies. :lol: From my perspective, most of you all sound the same. There is very little fresh posting in this forum that even approaches my "political purposes" whatever they may be. Behind the scenes, I routinely remind Greg that the vast majority of people who get banned here from the forums promote uncommon ideologies and beliefs that I genuinely hold. So far, that statistic has only risen with time. Can you believe that? In fact, over the time that I have been moderating, these banned-members have changed my political beliefs through their messages, arguments and opinions on various aspects of politics.

Unfortunately, they get banned because their expression is uncivil and they repeatedly snub the forum rules.

I understand how debate gets heated and people mix humor with insult. I get that. However, we have to keep things civil to the best of our ability.

MORAL OF THE STORY: If we have to tell you once or twice, that is ok. If we have to tell you more than once, that is not ok.