I am entitled to my entitlements.

PIK

I don`t know if can donate that money to his own campaign. It is reported that he has recieved more donations for his leadership race than all the other candidates combined.

If the money is being paid to him, then it's his money. And he can spend his own money on his campaign if he wants to.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Trudeau is well off, why charge such outrageous fees for his speaking in schools?

Because he's worth it? He's a celebrity politician and people don't work for free. What you're arguing is that once people make or have so much money they shouldn't make any more money after that. Maybe it would be a nice gesture of him to go speak in schools for free (and I would agree with that), but he certainly is under no obligation to do so.

If the money is being paid to him, then it's his money. And he can spend his own money on his campaign if he wants to.

Not to sure about that. I don`t know what the limit is for individuals to campaigns. If he is incorporated he may also may be limited.

Mean while I don`t think he should be working at his part time job during working hours at what should be a full time job. I feel the same about all MP`s.

Obama not that smart either, he is another celeb. If people like you, you can be as dumb as a 2 x 4 and everyone will vote for you. But in trudeaus case, I think he is going to be very disappointed.

Obama not that smart either, he is another celeb. If people like you, you can be as dumb as a 2 x 4 and everyone will vote for you. But in trudeaus case, I think he is going to be very disappointed.

Obama has extensive political and work experience and a top notch world class education. Trudeau is a one time grade school drama teacher, I'm sure he's the savior for Canada.

Obama has extensive political and work experience and a top notch world class education. Trudeau is a one time grade school drama teacher, I'm sure he's the savior for Canada.

You for got to mention that Trudeau is a pretty face and he is so cool ! Unfortunately I have to predict that he will win the leadership of the Liberal Party and will win the next election and be our PM.

It will not matter the depth of his intelligence or ability. The media will see to that .

Not sure where you get "extensive" experience w/Obama. He may have some now but before he became President, Obama had no EXECUTIVE experience. He was just a Senator with a personality and who could talk the talk. The fact he was re-elected with his economic record, showed the world just how stupid most Americans really are. Hopefully Canadians are smarter than that and don't vote this clown in.

Edited by roy baty

Because he's worth it? He's a celebrity politician and people don't work for free. What you're arguing is that once people make or have so much money they shouldn't make any more money after that. Maybe it would be a nice gesture of him to go speak in schools for free (and I would agree with that), but he certainly is under no obligation to do so.

Either he is a celebrity or a politician. I am opposed to, and offended by the term 'celebrity politician'. Image over substance perhaps? Is he worth 20k per speaking engagement? I'll do it for under a grand! And it will be more motivating.

Speaking of stupid voters with a taste for talkative personalities, recall Ronald Reagan.

Stupid to vote for Reagan?? Seems to me US voters were a helll of a lot smarter back then in US when they punted Carter out who was almost as useless as Obama when it came economics and foreign affairs. Reagan grew the economy exponentially. This time around they voted for another 4 years of economic recklesness. Voters NEVER would have done that back then. Times have changed there and here. Trudeau is only a matter of time for us unfortunately.

Either he is a celebrity or a politician. I am opposed to, and offended by the term 'celebrity politician'. Image over substance perhaps? Is he worth 20k per speaking engagement? I'll do it for under a grand! And it will be more motivating.

And nobody cares who you are. Thus, celebrity sells.

As a result Canada will soon have grade school drama teacher with good looks as our next PM. I'm sure he s qualified to lead a country.

I think we have a lot to look forward to from Mr. Pierre Trudeau M.P. (Papineau), the Liberal Party Critic for Post-Secondary Education and Youth. He has demonstrated a tremendous charisma, and an uncanny power to communicate a sense of values and vision that, I think, resonates with Canadians. I think that with Mr. Trudeau we will have a system of more collaborate Cabinet-building than we see with the current prime minister, where the individual talents and characters of ministers are what build responsible (and responsive) government.

Lets face it . Since his fathers funeral the media has fawned over this kid and has created a future PM. It has worked and we now have a Royal Canadian Family.

He will be PM of that there is no doubt. He can do no wrong. I only hope that at least he has some wise folks behind.

If Canada elects him they deserve him. His father was a train wreck; this one will be worse.

So having two degrees and teaching drama to kids for a couple years means have the experience to run a country?

I dunno....does a UofT dropout * , mail room (cuz daddy got him the job) clerk , not working in any significant private enterprise deserve to be called Prime Minister Stephen Harper?

(* subsequently and Econ Masters obtained. )

I dunno....does a UofT dropout * , mail room (cuz daddy got him the job) clerk , not working in any significant private enterprise deserve to be called Prime Minister Stephen Harper?

(* subsequently and Econ Masters obtained. )

PM Harper was involved in politics since he was in high school plus he was the head of the NCC. He spearheaded the move to merge to two conservative parties as well. Compared to Trudeau he's done a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mr. Trudeau will get elected. We, as Canadians, are just that stupid to do that to let that happen. I want to know what his positions are on various issues because so far he doesn't seem to have any positions or made them public yet. Why not?