Applause in order? Nearly 60k jobs created in November.

CPCFTW

Unemployment fell to 7.2% as well (without the labour force participation rate falling as in Obama's "recovery").

I think the CPC deserves a round of applause.

http://www.theglobea...article6078223/

So if in December the rate rises again, will you give a big boo? If you're going to cheer or boo every month as the rate rises or falls, you're going to be mighty busy. And, as somebody here posted, did you do an analysis of what kind of jobs were created? Mcjobs? I mean we import Chinese to be coal miners now, because we can't be bothered training our own, even with 5 years lead time. That's something that deserves a big raspberry. What's Harper doing to bring back the middle class is this country?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article quoted in my post stated the fact that they were in the private sector....

The fact that they are low paying service industry jobs is not a mark in their favour.

Your article speculates that they are low paying service industry jobs because there were 28,000 jobs created in restaurants and hotels. That is not a fact.

There were also 23,000 jobs created in professional, scientific, and technical fields. Your article forgot to mention that. Fact.

So if in December the rate rises again, will you give a big boo? If you're going to cheer or boo every month as the rate rises or falls, you're going to be mighty busy. And, as somebody here posted, did you do an analysis of what kind of jobs were created? Mcjobs? I mean we import Chinese to be coal miners now, because we can't be bothered training our own, even with 5 years lead time. That's something that deserves a big raspberry. What's Harper doing to bring back the middle class is this country?

Yes I read the reports issued by statscan.. that's about all the "analysis" I can do. :rolleyes:

As much as you lefties would love our economy to fail, it keeps chugging along. Unemployment rate excluding "youth" (15-24) is about 6% (men 6.4%, women 5.6%). This is a strong economy in a world where most countries are struggling.

The article quoted in my post stated the fact that they were in the private sector....

The fact that they are low paying service industry jobs is not a mark in their favour.

Here you go:

http://www.statcan.g...207b001-eng.htm

Hourly wages have risen by 7.2% since 3Q 2010.

Edited by CPCFTW

In January 2011 unemployment was 7.7. Did you make a post how terrible Harper is doing? In October 2011 and April the rate was 7.2 - did you cheer then? In October and Novmember it was 7.4. Did you rag on Harper for that? The forecast is for the rate to rise again in the new year. Guess we won't hear boo from you then.

What?

The trend is that unemployment is dropping. It was higher in January 2011 because it has dropped since then. It was also higher in 2010 and late 2009.

This month was a particularly good month. If you don't like it, take a hike to the other 50 threads complaining about Harper. I'm not going to apologize for posting something positive on these forums for once. Get a life.

While I agree that there are cyclical aspects to employment from factors such as fishing,tourism,etc. what isn't cyclical is the constant and continual blaming (present) government for anything and everything but not credit for any positive point.

So say damn the detractors and kudos where and when deserved.

No those are not the "cyclical aspects" to employment or economic growth.

In general you get economic growth and increased employment during credit expansion... this is what you are seeing now. Interest rates are historically very low which results in huge ammounts of new money being created and the economy grows. The problem is debt grows as well, and sooner or later consumers will get worried about how much debt they are carrying and decide to stop borrowing. That causes a recession.

The easiest way to understand the business cycle is that the government cannot create real economic growth through credit expansion, it can only move consumption around. It can take consumption that would not have happened until tomorrow, and make it happen today by easing credit.

Reduce this down to your own household economics. In a period of credit expansion with low rates, you can go out and buy a 50 thousand dollar truck. This boosts GDP, and in the short term creates jobs for people working in the automotive sector. Seems like a win win right? So why not just keep expanding credit forever! The problem is that now you are saddled with that 50k debt and the interest on it. So you wont be able to buy as much stuff next year as you would have without credit expansion... and this causes a recession.

The harper government has had literally nothing to do with either the economic collapse or the recovery from it. Yes... they followed the keynesian model like every other government on earth, and yes that helped reduce the severity of the recession. But all this comes with a cost, and that cost in going to be a relatively deep recession probably by the end of 2013 or sometime in 2014.

This is exactly what the BOC came out and warned us about during the last few weeks.

Are you suggesting that the Chinese have nothing of value worth teaching?
I am arguing that the Chinese state does not offer the same security as Canada and America offer.

Wealthy Chinese parents send their children to Canada/the US to have some security.

Canadian young people choose to go to China to discover something new.

There's a world of difference in the motivations.

Edited by August1991

I am arguing that the Chinese state does not offer the same security as Canada and America offer.

Wealthy Chinese parents send their children to Canada/the US to have some security.

Canadian young people choose to go to China to discover something new.

There's a world of difference in the motivations.

What security though, I havn't seen you say what security Canada offers other than a trip to prison if you fall out and become economically disadvantaged.

What Federal programs are offered for the poor?

Edited by login

Sorry for the thread hijack ahead.

What security though, I havn't seen you say what security Canada offers other than a trip to prison if you fall out and become economically disadvantaged.
If you make bad decisions in life, are dishonest, lie and cheat, should you be rewarded? What will your children/neighbours conclude about life?

When the proverbial poor nephew pushes his only aunt (rich, unmarried, without kids) off the cliff to gain the inheritance, and then gets caught, should the court give leniency because he'll never commit the crime again? After all, there's no risk of re-offense.

In other families though, other rich aunts and uncles hope that the State makes society safer for them when they walk near cliffs with poor nieces and nephews.

IOW, our criminal code/law/system is not about justice; it's about sending messages.

What Federal programs are offered for the poor?
Gimme a break. Edited by August1991

Sorry for the thread hijack ahead.

If you make bad decisions in life, are dishonest, lie and cheat, should you be rewarded? What will your children/neighbours conclude about life?

When the proverbial poor nephew pushes his only aunt (rich, unmarried, without kids) off the cliff to gain the inheritance, and then gets caught, should the court give leniency because he'll never commit the crime again? After all, there's no risk of re-offense.

In other families though, other rich aunts and uncles hope that the State makes society safer for them when they walk near cliffs with poor nieces and nephews.

IOW, our criminal code/law/system is not about justice; it's about sending messages.

Gimme a break.

You havn't answered the question, what social programs does the Federal Government provide to the poor?

You claim that there is some type of security in Canada but havn't identified it. You've only said the poor are bad people, then ask me to give you a break?

You havn't answered the question, what social programs does the Federal Government provide to the poor?
They are numerous, and IMHO, the federal government should not be involved at all.

For example, people in the PEI government have a far better idea about how to assist people in PEI than bureaucrats in Ottawa. Login, do you agree?

You claim that there is some type of security in Canada but havn't identified it. You've only said the poor are bad people, then ask me to give you a break?
The "security" is the Canada Assistance Plan, EI, OAP and GAINS, as well as our health system. If you are simply a "Canadian resident", or if you consistently make bad decisions in life, the State (other Canadians) will care for you.

Meanwhile, smart but innocent foreigners abroad who make good decisions suffer because of circumstance, and we Canadians do nothing.

Edited by August1991

Do you honestly assume that's the only way people find themselves in financial trouble?
The world has some 7 billion people, and some of them make bad decisions.

Should 10 million Canadian (net) taxpayers attempt to bail all of them out?

----

Wiser, more practical Norwegian taxpayers are not involved in such a scam.

Edited by August1991

Unemployment fell to 7.2% as well (without the labour force participation rate falling as in Obama's "recovery").

I think the CPC deserves a round of applause.

http://www.theglobea...article6078223/

Did Harper/Canadian government hire these people right before the xmas rush? If not, why do you want to give Harper praise?

• 2 weeks later...

They are numerous, and IMHO, the federal government should not be involved at all.

For example, people in the PEI government have a far better idea about how to assist people in PEI than bureaucrats in Ottawa. Login, do you agree?

The "security" is the Canada Assistance Plan, EI, OAP and GAINS, as well as our health system. If you are simply a "Canadian resident", or if you consistently make bad decisions in life, the State (other Canadians) will care for you.

Meanwhile, smart but innocent foreigners abroad who make good decisions suffer because of circumstance, and we Canadians do nothing.

so when people,turn 67 they have security... and they pay into the plams all their life ... you could get thatntype of security amd retire at 55 from a private company

Why depend on government at all? so some get a better deal at the expense of the others?

\

federal benefits don't help joe blow they help the aged natives and mothers. things like cpp are paid for. someone in their 30's abled bodied gets nothing from the feds. they have the privelege of finding a job or emding up on the street or in a hospital

trying to say the federal government provides security is absolute bs. the only security they offer is penitentiary for terms over 2 years

Edited by login

someone in their 30's abled bodied gets nothing from the feds. they have the privelege of finding a job or emding up on the street or in a hospital

They can go on welfare or if they can convince a doctor, disability. Many, many options for able bodied who do not wish to work.

They can go on welfare or if they can convince a doctor, disability. Many, many options for able bodied who do not wish to work.

None of those options are real. You are just pulling stuff from your butt now. I'll have you know I have family that actually have real disabilities and who aren't trolls on the Internet. It is sad that you would act like the disability system is gamed so hard anyone could just go on it. Disgusting and offensive. Your act is getting old and tired.

As for this thread I will be the first to say good for Canada. I find it funny when Ontario loses jobs it is the Liberals fault but when Ontario gains jobs it is because of Harper. BTW 1 in 4 jobs were gained in Ontario BTW.

As for this thread I will be the first to say good for Canada. I find it funny when Ontario loses jobs it is the Liberals fault but when Ontario gains jobs it is because of Harper. BTW 1 in 4 jobs were gained in Ontario BTW.

Ontario is still lagging most of Canada, but they're recovering many lost jobs because of the strength of the Canadian economy. Dat oil.