A Nobel Peace Prize

Wow crappy posts from you guys.

Im a big critic of a lot of things that the EU is doing. The multinational central bank is one of the most dangerous things the world has ever seen, and the currency union is ruining millions of lives.

But this is an excellent choice in my opinion. Up until 1950 europe was in an almost constant state of war, and twice the entire world got dragged into it. The political and economic integration between countries like France and Germany has real significance.

Edited by dre

Guest American Woman

Wow crappy posts from you guys.

That's because we didn't know how you felt about it. Now that we know you approve, we, and all of the other critics, including EU citizens as well as analysts, will have to change our opinions pronto. dry.png

Im a big critic of a lot of things that the EU is doing. The multinational central bank is one of the most dangerous things the world has ever seen, and the currency union is ruining millions of lives.

"The multinational central bank is one of the most dangerous things the world has ever seen" would definitely be the stuff the Nobel Peace Prize is made of. What were we thinking??

But this is an excellent choice in my opinion. Up until 1950 europe was in an almost constant state of war, and twice the entire world got dragged into it. The political and economic integration between countries like France and Germany has real significance.

If you think the EU hasn't been involved in war, you might want to check again. Furthermore, there has also been violence within the EU, as the threat of more violence is ever present, because of the severe effect the European debt crisis has had on some of the countries within the Union.

If you think our responses are "crappy," you should take a minute to read the responses of many international critics as well as many who live there. This should help get you started:

While some Europeans swelled with pride when the European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize, howls of derision erupted from the continent's large band of skeptics.

http://www.philly.co...ry_critics.html

“The fact of the matter is that the EU, historically, especially in the last three decades, has been almost indistinguishable from NATO; if that’s the case, if you accept that argument, NATO’s been very active - not with peace but with war,”

http://www.presstv.i...ts-peace-prize/

And this headline from the National Post: EU’s winning the Nobel Peace Prize widely seen as a tasteless joke

http://fullcomment.n...tasteless-joke/

The general reaction, as I said, is that this award is a joke. That you disagree doesn't make our posts "crappy."

This whole peace prize thing is getting weirder by the year anyway. In 2009 it went to Barack Obama, for reasons even Obama couldn’t explain. Since then hisadministration has been picking off terrorists with drones with gay abandon. In 2007 it went to

the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and Al Gore, because why? Because alternative energy is peaceful? Because you can’t stoke a nuclear weapon with solar power? Beats me. You get the feeling the committee finds itself facing a deadline, can’t make a decision, and someone says, “The hell with it, let’s just pick a name out of the hat.” This year some scamp had scribbled “European Union” on a piece of paper and slipped it in with the others, and that’s the slip they drew.

Maybe it’s more complicated than that. But you wouldn’t know it from this year’s winner.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/10/12/kelly-mcparland-hey-nobel-peace-prize-committee-canada-isnt-at-war-either/

Guest American Woman
This whole peace prize thing is getting weirder by the year anyway. In 2009 it went to Barack Obama, for reasons even Obama couldn’t explain. Since then his administration has been picking off terrorists with drones with gay abandon.

http://fullcomment.n...-at-war-either/

I have my theory about why it went to Obama - I think it was to make him feel as if he had to go in a different direction from the Bush administration; I think it was to make him feel as if he had to end the wars and close Gitmo and send everyone - troops/prisoners - home. In other words, I think it was an attempt to sway/control his actions to a certain degree. Make him feel as if he had to live up to the award. I think it's the same deal this time around. Which, of course, isn't what the Nobel Peace Prize is supposed to be about.

Too bad it didn't go to someone like Yousufzai; I imagine that's a choice the world would have rallied around. Hopefully, the past few choices mentioned in your quote won't be the wave of the future.

That's because we didn't know how you felt about it. Now that we know you approve, we, and all of the other critics, including EU citizens as well as analysts, will have to change our opinions pronto. dry.png

"The multinational central bank is one of the most dangerous things the world has ever seen" would definitely be the stuff the Nobel Peace Prize is made of. What were we thinking??

If you think the EU hasn't been involved in war, you might want to check again. Furthermore, there has also been violence within the EU, as the threat of more violence is ever present, because of the severe effect the European debt crisis has had on some of the countries within the Union.

If you think our responses are "crappy," you should take a minute to read the responses of many international critics as well as many who live there. This should help get you started:

While some Europeans swelled with pride when the European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize, howls of derision erupted from the continent's large band of skeptics.

http://www.philly.co...ry_critics.html

“The fact of the matter is that the EU, historically, especially in the last three decades, has been almost indistinguishable from NATO; if that’s the case, if you accept that argument, NATO’s been very active - not with peace but with war,”

http://www.presstv.i...ts-peace-prize/

And this headline from the National Post: EU’s winning the Nobel Peace Prize widely seen as a tasteless joke

http://fullcomment.n...tasteless-joke/

The general reaction, as I said, is that this award is a joke. That you disagree doesn't make our posts "crappy."

No thats true its your posts that make your posts crappy not the fact I disagree with them. There was 7 consecutive one-liners in this thread that offered absolutely no reasoning or analysis at all.

If you think the EU hasn't been involved in war, you might want to check again.

If you think I said that you might want to read again.

Up until 1950 europe was in an almost constant state of war, and twice the entire world got dragged into it. The political and economic integration between countries like France and Germany has real significance.

Dust-ups in Europe caused both of the world wards, and got more than a hundred million people killed. The political and economic integration between countries like Germany and France is definately one of the most significant developments in history in terms of "war and peace".

Im probably the biggest EU basher on this forum, but it would stupid to not recognize t his.

you should take a minute to read the responses of many international critics

Oh I know I know! This has EU bashers in an absolute tizzy. I dont deny that part.

Edited by dre

Guest American Woman

No thats true its your posts that make your posts crappy not the fact I disagree with them. There was 7 consecutive one-liners in this thread that offered absolutely no reasoning or analysis at all.

Oh, forgive me. I should have responded the way you so often do. Here goes:

laugh.png

Oh, forgive me. I should have responded the way you so often do. Here goes:

laugh.png

I laugh at funny things! Sue me. This coming from the undisputed EMOTICON QUEEN.

Anyhow... you still didnt respond to what my actual point was...

Up until 1950 europe was in an almost constant state of war, and twice the entire world got dragged into it. The political and economic integration between countries like France and Germany has real significance.

Dust-ups in Europe caused both of the world wards, and got more than a hundred million people killed. The political and economic integration between countries like Germany and France is definately one of the most significant developments in history in terms of "war and peace".

I know, I know. Its fun to bash europe. But who would be a better choice than the union that helped put opposing powers in both world wars on the same side?

Edited by dre

Guest American Woman

I laugh at funny things!

Then you must keep yourself in stitches.

I know, I know. Its fun to bash europe.

It is?? That's news to me.

But who would be a better choice than the union that helped put opposing powers in both world wars on the same side?

Lots of opposing powers end up on the same side after war is over - just as some who were on the same side end up on opposing sides. I've already acknowledged one choice that would have been better.

Edited by American Woman

Then you must keep yourself in stitches.

It is?? That's news to me.

Lots of opposing powers end up on the same side after war is over - just as some who were on the same side end up on opposing sides. I've already acknowledged one choice that would have been better.

Lots of opposing powers end up on the same side after war is over - just as some who were on the same side end up on opposing sides.

Lots of countries that started two world wars in which more than a hundred million people died, forge political and economic alliances that last 30 years?

Well... okay.

Who was your choice again?

I thought it must be a joke that the EU got the prize but it wasn't.
That seems to be the general reaction.
It is a joke.The EU is a recycle of the Holy Roman Empire which was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire. It reflects Europe's culture of top-down centralizing. Edited by jbg