Canada rises to top 5 in economic freedom

PIK

The reason Obama is so popular is he is down to earth and can connect with more Americans and he didn't grow up with a silver spoon in his hand OR he has more in common with the average citzen than Ronmey.

Neither did harper, and how does obama have more in common with the people,than harper, harper grew up in canada, where obama's early years, he grew up in a totally different world. The thing is, people think's he is cool, real smart thinking.

Edited by PIK

This statement is laughable. Firstly, there was no coalition, otherwise Harper wouldn't have even been in government. Secondly, no on can "force" a government to spend money. Your argument is silly. The Conservatives were in power and held the purse strings, nobody else.

You have a short memory then. The opposition was screaming for an auto bailout or they would bring down the Tory government since they were minorities then.

After that if more money wasn't spent the opposition was going on TV telling Canada they would go into a coalition with the BQ in order to gain power so they could spend the money.

They've(the Tories) only had total control for a year.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Waldo, I have to say I agree with some of your points, but I also have to say that your posts are becoming aweful to read. Ignoring the walls of text and your horrible quote-within-quotes of ugly, your vocabulary really needs a serious review.

Come on man. Nobody should use "notwithstanding" ever. It's a useless, overbearing word that can be easily replaced with less cumbersome language, and you're not even using it properly. Aforementioned isn't much better, and when you string a paragraph together with such verbosity, it's not only painful to read, it also looks like you're trying to hard. Your whole last post could have been stated as:

Becoming unreadable? They've been the same way for years. It's his unique personal "style" to bury decent points under cumbersome vocabulary, excessive quotation, poor grammar/punctuation, and juvenile insults. I pointed this out (similar to how you just did) back when he first joined MLW and posted his first few climate change threads, advising him it wouldn't win him many allies or convince anyone of his points. Sadly, the advice went unheeded.

Edited by Bonam

Becoming unreadable? They've been the same way for years. It's his unique personal "style" to bury decent points under cumbersome vocabulary, excessive quotation, poor grammar/punctuation, and juvenile insults.

oh snap! Supposed self-proclaimed intellectuals would/should rise above having a few of their past posts shown to be lacking... then again, some refuse to move on and instead relish holding grudges over being bested. You really should just... move on, hey?

oh snap! Supposed self-proclaimed intellectuals would/should rise above having a few of their past posts shown to be lacking... then again, some refuse to move on and instead relish holding grudges over being bested. You really should just... move on, hey?

Hmm? I don't even know what you're referring to. My assessment of your posting style is based on your posting history in general, the vast majority of which consisted of debating with other posters than myself.

Edited by Bonam

:lol: thanks for taking time from your other insightful commentary

Hey take the suggestion or don't. I don't really care.

Mark Twain: "...generally, the fewer the words that fully communicate or evoke the intended ideas and feelings, the more effective the communication."

Don't take Mark Twain's word on it though, or the countless other famous authors and statesmen who've said the same thing. You like links and proof so here it is:

http://www.psych.utoronto.ca/users/psy3001/files/simple%20writing.pdf

I'll highlight the conclusion for you:

Thus it may be worthwhile to investigate ways of either preventing the tendency to use needless complexity, or look at ways that fluency biases might be overcome. In the interim, we can conclude one thing. The pundits are likely right: write clearly and

simply if you can, and youll be more likely to be thought of as intelligent.

As I said before, your actual conclusion made sense and I agree with some of it. You didn't make a particularly strong case for it though, so hopefully people read my condensed version. :lol:

Edited by Moonbox

Becoming unreadable? They've been the same way for years. It's his unique personal "style" to bury decent points under cumbersome vocabulary, excessive quotation, poor grammar/punctuation, and juvenile insults.

Hmm? I don't even know what you're referring to. My assessment of your posting style is based on your posting history in general, the vast majority of which consisted of debating with other posters than myself.

beauty - tell me... how petty is it for you to not only edit this post that I'm replying to but to also edit your initial post, several minutes after its original posting? You can feign ignorance... and I could dredge up a couple of pointed exchanges, but frankly, I can't be especially bothered with anyone who continually needs to 'impress' and puff-up an anonymous internet persona with supposed educational/work accomplishments.

Hey, if someone takes the time to dredge through the oppressive use of quotations and the excessive wordiness, your point can be deciphered. Chances are, however, that most people won't bother. Excessive wordiness is usually associated with an inability to speak intelligently. Resumes get tossed, academic papers get graded poorly and public speakers get ignored if you can't just make your freaking point.

Edited by Moonbox

in regards referencing prior MLW posting exchanges, I have, on occasion simply posted links. When that doesn't suffice, when the referenced post is extensive, is complex, is in itself containing multiple points/themes, I will extract points from these prior MLW posting exchanges... as you have now been advised, repeatedly, these extracts are significant reductions from the source... they only contain pertinent, related and relevant information. I do not re-post full/complete prior posts. Excessively dramatized raised concern is usually associated with a lack of confidence and self esteem... when you fail to apply the added drama effect equally, and only in a self-serving manner, drama prevails and you fail to just make your freaking point.

I don't know if this 'drama' you speak of is some attempt to personalize the argument, but I'm not really concerned. If you don't want people to pay attention to what you're saying, keep doing what you're doing and they'll ignore your points. Maybe you like writing for your own sake alone and your tediousness makes you feel smart. I don't know. I won't say another word on the subject.

I don't know if this 'drama' you speak of is some attempt to personalize the argument, but I'm not really concerned. If you don't want people to pay attention to what you're saying, keep doing what you're doing and they'll ignore your points. Maybe you like writing for your own sake alone and your tediousness makes you feel smart. I don't know. I won't say another word on the subject.

We've already discussed waldo's debating skills in an MLW poll and things didn't turn out roses for him...

the initial and ongoing personalization made came from you... you know, what I referred to as your 'drama'. I'm not really concerned that you're expressing not being really concerned. Your summation means nothing, other than to help you rationalize your drama. Since you suggest not saying another word on the subject, allow me the... last... word.

We've already discussed waldo's debating skills in an MLW poll and things didn't turn out roses for him...

:lol: ah yes... the "blueblood poll"... the one you never would/could properly qualify... that one, right? Ah yes... good times! Quite a handy snapshot of that MLW AGW/CC denier presence of that day. But hey now, given there have been several recent updated public polls that have really acted to frustrate and confuse deniers like you, perhaps a comparative MLW snapshot refresher is in order... just make sure to properly qualify it this time, hey?