The NDP Fight Back with Their Own Ads

:lol: ya I don't recall the exact words but to the best of my recollection harper claimed canada wouldn't have a recession and no deficit :lol:...he lied or he was an idiot take your pick...

Here you go spread it around. We don't need people like westguy pretending that there was some meltdown when we all know only a lefty would say Harper was a liar who doesn't know the economy from a hole in the ground. I know for a fact there was no melt down because below I have posted his words from the end of 2008 when he said it was all a lefty gang up on Harper tactic.

Edited by punked

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: ya I don't recall the exact words but to the best of my recollection harper claimed canada wouldn't have a recession and no deficit :lol:...he lied or he was an idiot take your pick...

Either way, I'm not sure how conservatives can give Harper credit for fixing something that he didn't even acknowledge existed.

Stop all the idiocy. Have you never heard of self-fulfilling prophecies? It's always wise to talk in a positive tonewhen it can affect the markets. Why come right out and say the sky is falling? Canada has acted appropriately - and we are in relatively good shape. The best you can hope for it seems - is that governments and politicians do no harm - don't exacerbate things. Our government has managed to keep our heads above water and for that - we should be thakful.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Our government has managed to keep our heads above water and for that - we should be thakful.

You mean "Our great and powerful conservative government" right?

Because I know for a fact if it was an NDP government then somehow all the jobs would then be leaving and Canada would be suffering from a "brain drain"

Oh God does anyone here remember hearing how the conservatives use to constantly moan and complain about "Canada's brain drain" to the US during the Cretien years?(at least the one good thing about having a conservative government is that nobody has to listen to them make the most ridiculous arguments and complaints anymore!)

I guess Kevin O'Leary didn't have a brain so he stuck around with the rest of us?

WWWTT

Edited by WWWTT

It's always funny to listen to the left criticize Harper for not knowing the extent of the American financial crisis before their own politicians did. More Harper derangement syndrome.

Watch the clip Shady all the other leaders were saying Canada was going into or already in a recession. So nope this you re-writing history to suit your needs like you always do. However like I point out to you almost everyday it isn't 1938 everyone has access to those clips to prove you wrong. Harper was the only one there saying Canada will be just fine while everyone else was saying there was a problem that needed solving.

Watch the clip Shady all the other leaders were saying Canada was going into or already in a recession. So nope this you re-writing history to suit your needs like you always do. However like I point out to you almost everyday it isn't 1938 everyone has access to those clips to prove you wrong. Harper was the only one there saying Canada will be just fine while everyone else was saying there was a problem that needed solving.

The guy prorogued parliament because the opposition wanted him to do something about the recession hitting Canada and he refused. It nearly brought down his government. Those saying things like "the opposition didn't know either" or "Harper was just trying not to worry people" are simply lying or providing completely misinformed opinions if they believe the crap they're saying.

The guy prorogued parliament because the opposition wanted him to do something about the recession hitting Canada and he refused. It nearly brought down his government. Those saying things like "the opposition didn't know either" or "Harper was just trying not to worry people" are simply lying or providing completely misinformed opinions if they believe the crap they're saying.

Yep pretty much.

I would also add that the seeds of the liberal/conservative downfall were sown at this time.Liberals got theirs and in a few years the chickens will be coming home to roost for the conservatives!

WWWTT

Off topic a bit but does anyone know why Thomas "Tom" Mulcair didn't run for the provincial NDP when he first entered politics?

IIRC

There isn't a Provincial NDP in Quebec, just like there isn't a PC party in BC, Sask or Quebec.

Edited by madmax

Off topic a bit but does anyone know why Thomas "Tom" Mulcair didn't run for the provincial NDP when he first entered politics?

NDP killed their provincial wing when they tried to force threw a separation amendment. The party being so Pro-Federalist killed a whole wing of the party just to send a message that they weren't willing to play around with the separatists.

IIRC

There isn't a Provincial NDP in Quebec, just like there isn't a PC party in BC, Sask or Quebec.

if the PC's started a party in sask again people there would think they had returned to steal the rest of the money they missed the last time they were in office...the Devine PC government has to near the top for most corrupt government ever to hold office in canada...but I'm sure there are forum members here who have other nominees for the that position...

When he entered politics there was.

Actually there wasn't. Mulcair first elected in 1994. The party Quebec party was killed in 1992 because it nominated Paul Rose for a by election. It was at that point the Federal party said the provincial wing was soft on separatists and cut all its ties even denouncing them. Although the real fall out happened in 1989. So....

Edited by punked

Actually there wasn't. Mulcair first elected in 1994. The party Quebec party was killed in 1992 because it nominated Paul Rose for a by election. It was at that point the Federal party said the provincial wing was soft on separatists and cut all its ties even denouncing them. Although the real fall out happened in 1989. So....

All I saw was that in the 1994 election the NDP were on the ballot. Wasn't sure of all the details.

All I saw was that in the 1994 election the NDP were on the ballot. Wasn't sure of all the details.

No I understand the "Social Democrats" kept the name after 1989 until 95 when they changed it. You can still find a permutation of the provincial NDP today. It mutated into Quebec Solidar I believe.

No I understand the "Social Democrats" kept the name after 1989 until 95 when they changed it. You can still find a permutation of the provincial NDP today. It mutated into Quebec Solidar I believe.

I think Quebec is the Only Province where if you are a member of the Federal NDP you are a member of the Provincial NDP, but as there is no Provincial NDP in Quebec....Its not possible there.

I think Quebec is the Only Province where if you are a member of the Federal NDP you are a member of the Provincial NDP, but as there is no Provincial NDP in Quebec....Its not possible there.

From the way I read this comment it is false.

In Ontario if you are a member of one,then you are a member of both.

However contribution laws are different federally and provincially(and this leads to confusion and mistakes)

WWWTT

In all provinces if you are a member of the provincial NDP you are a member of the federal NDP and vise versa. I actually saw this mentioned in an article the other day regarding the lower voter turnout in BC for the federal leadership, members of the provincial NDP don't always support or vote for the federal party.

Federal and provincial memberships are tied yes.