The "Squeeky Clean" NDP

Jennifer Ditchburn, The Canadian Press

Published: Wednesday, June 06, 2012

For the second time in a year, the NDP has run afoul of political financing laws.

Elections Canada has ordered the NDP to pay back money it collected from unions who sponsored events at the party's national convention last year.

The party, which has criticized the Conservative government for a lack of transparency, offered no details on how much it paid back or to whom. One event, a dinner with late leader Jack Layton and Nova Scotia Premier Darrell Dexter, was sponsored by the Public Service Alliance of Canada.

This party has NO regard for Democracy or transparency.. Hypocrytes! The SECOND time! In a year! How much did that "service" cost for Jack?!?! Thats right... on your dime..

Edited by Fletch 27

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed! The investigation by Elections Canada is CLOSED on the NDP! Guilty guilty! There is nothing of the sort toward the Liberals! (I'm assuming you could only mean the Fiberals)

So,in your mind,this seems to be the equivalent to potentially rigging an election and usurping democracy?

Sorry, I'm on Blackberry...

The "lying" in state, the procession, the glitz and glamor.. Canada paid for that.... Jacks last hoorah!?

What are you referring to? It's sometimes hard to tell what you're saying due to your borderline literacy.

They are always classy.. Always... Just seems poetic how/who paid the dime on that...

Anyhow, let's stay on point and forget how the NDP bleed us dry... This was about how the NDP were found guilty by Elections Canada for breaking the finance and funding laws... Care to comment?

So? Harper was big enough to offer a state funeral. They accepted. You don't like it when the CPC is classy?

Indeed! The investigation by Elections Canada is CLOSED on the NDP! Guilty guilty! There is nothing of the sort toward the Liberals! (I'm assuming you could only mean the Fiberals)

Really??

Just so we're clear...

So an overspending issue,albeit an illegal one,is on the same level as potentially rigging a federal election?

(And I don't belong to any political party)

Please read the conviction. It not "overspending"... It illegal means for contributions...

And enough with this "potentially" thing... Let's grant the tories the same respect as we did the NDP till they were found guilty twice... And 2 times is either REALLY trying to skirt the law and flip the middle finger to democracy! Or..... These guys are really really really piss poor at finances..

Just so we are clear

Really??

Just so we're clear...

So an overspending issue,albeit an illegal one,is on the same level as potentially rigging a federal election?

(And I don't belong to any political party)

Please read the conviction. It not "overspending"... It illegal means for contributions...

And enough with this "potentially" thing... Let's grant the tories the same respect as we did the NDP till they were found guilty twice... And 2 times is either REALLY trying to skirt the law and flip the middle finger to democracy! Or..... These guys are really really really piss poor at finances..

Just so we are clear

Well,the jury's still out on the Tories as far as rigging a federal election,so until they're proven innocent...AND considering they did plead guilty on the IN/Out thingy...And Ol' 3D Del Mastro's stuff earlier today...

Not alot of respect for your legislative friends these days...

Silly.. Ok, your blinded with tory hatred...good for you... Care to comment on the NDP and 2 convictions? 2 of em?

Well,the jury's still out on the Tories as far as rigging a federal election,so until they're proven innocent...AND considering they did plead guilty on the IN/Out thingy...And Ol' 3D Del Mastro's stuff earlier today...

Not alot of respect for your legislative friends these days...

What are you referring to? It's sometimes hard to tell what you're saying due to your borderline literacy.

:lol: the guy needs perspective... someone should clue him in about "In-and-Out"!

"Clue in" some one with as much of a "Dear Leader" complex as this guy???

:lol::lol::lol:

Waldo...You're killin' me over here!!!

Soooo, by you thought process or lack there-of...... The tories can have one more strike against them to equal or "tie" the 2 charges of guilty in one year run up by the NDP?????? Oh the shame... Oh how ndp..

The sheer lack of transperency in the NDP and flaunting of the rules in a democratic country is shameless$$$$$ Down right hypacritical!!!!

Edited by Fletch 27

Soooo, by you thought process...

my thought process highlights this lil' ditty from the article you quoted from but, conveniently, failed to provide a link for:

The Conservative Party of Canada had lodged a formal complaint with Elections Canada following the convention, underlining that union and corporate donations are banned in Canada.

weasels! :lol: What was the Harper Conservative beef... did someone set up a free bar at the NDP convention? But hey now, don't Harper Conservatives know that corporations/unions are people! Didn't they get their U.S. Republican marching orders yet?

in any case, I'm sure your zeal brings a heartfelt tear from both Gerstein and Finley - hey now... did you know Harper made them Senators for their in-and-out contributions? :lol:

I don't think Fletch realizes that he's not actually winning any arguments by being so extreme.

In order to win the minds of people and convince them you are right, you need to slowly pull them in with reasoning.

Not blatant party propaganda, here say and party talking points.

The dubious conservative posters are out in force today thumbing up pro-conservative comments. It's interesting to see.

I DID know that! Do you know how Mulcair got his spot after jumpin from the libs??? Its a moot point... The point is that the NDP, the perveyors of good deeds and fair dust have been caught.... 2 times.... Only one more time than the Tories... "Over achievers"... 2 times?! Thay didn't learn from the first time? What does that tell you about their "lernin" ability? Or lack of it

my thought process highlights this lil' ditty from the article you quoted from but, conveniently, failed to provide a link for:

weasels! :lol: What was the Harper Conservative beef... did someone set up a free bar at the NDP convention? But hey now, don't Harper Conservatives know that corporations/unions are people! Didn't they get their U.S. Republican marching orders yet?

in any case, I'm sure your zeal brings a heartfelt tear from both Gerstein and Finley - hey now... did you know Harper made them Senators for their in-and-out contributions? :lol:

I DID know that! Do you know how Mulcair got his spot after jumpin from the libs??? Its a moot point... The point is that the NDP, the perveyors of good deeds and fair dust have been caught.... 2 times.... Only one more time than the Tories... "Over achievers"... 2 times?! Thay didn't learn from the first time? What does that tell you about their "lernin" ability? Or lack of it

Again....

A simple yes or no will suffice...

Do you think this illegality committed by the NDP is on an even level with potentially rigging a federal election?

So,in your mind,this seems to be the equivalent to potentially rigging an election and usurping democracy?

No--- we would have to wait (likely till the next millennium) for the NDP to win a majority in the house for that to happen---- till then they have to be small time crooks. :lol:

No--- we would have to wait (likely till the next millennium) for the NDP to win a majority in the house for that to happen---- till then they have to be small time crooks. :lol:

So to clarify...

You feel the NDP are/will rig an election?

At least you admit this is "small time"...Talk to your boy,Fletch...

Again....

A simple yes or no will suffice...

Do you think this illegality committed by the NDP is on an even level with potentially rigging a federal election?

It does not necessarily need to be greater then or equal to any other potential crimes. If both are true, then they are not equal BUT that would not make one bit of difference as both are illegal and thus are wrong.