Own a gun? license fees on the way.

I wonder what gun owners would have preferred:

a) Paying higher licensing fees, but having no gun registry

or

B) Having a gun registry, but paying no licensing fees.

I assume that the demise of the registry will mean police will no longer kick down your door with their pistols drawn shouting "WHERE ARE THE GUNS? WHERE ARE THE GUNS?" when they arrive at your home for a routine noise complaint. So I am guessing option B.

-k

whaaa! It's all about "the safety"! Just how will this play... down on the farm?

Regulations Amending the Firearms Fees Regulations

This amendment would extend the Firearms Fees Regulations, which, collectively with the previously approved extension of the Regulations Amending the Firearms Licences Regulations and the Order Amending the Order Declaring an Amnesty Period (2006), help to maintain and increase compliance with federal firearms legislation. Not extending this measure may deter some firearms owners from remaining or becoming compliant with federal firearms legislation and thereby undermine public safety.

next thing you know, some wag will be demanding proof that the fees are... "saving lives"... and that the two successive Harper Conservative fee waivers... "cost lives" :lol:

none of the above.

c) not having a gun registry for long guns, and paying nothing for owning legal weapons.

My driver's license should be free too!

and fishing...

and boating...

Ahhh, to live in a libertarian paradise without any regulation.

I assume that the demise of the registry will mean police will no longer kick down your door with their pistols drawn shouting "WHERE ARE THE GUNS? WHERE ARE THE GUNS?" when they arrive at your home for a routine noise complaint. So I am guessing option B.

-k

Stop making excessive noise having an illegal party of large proportions then?

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself from making the typical conservative response of "If you don't have anything to hide, you have nothing to fear")

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

I'm just stating my preference. If you want to pay to register your legal guns, go ahead. I won't.

Oh yes you will. Harper's going to make you register them...and pay for it too now :lol:

At least now we know the real reason Harper wanted to kill off the Liberal's gun registry...Harper wanted to implement a new way to tax you. :lol:

Oh yes you will. Harper's going to make you register them...and pay for it too now :lol:

At least now we know the real reason Harper wanted to kill off the Liberal's gun registry...Harper wanted to implement a new way to tax you. :lol:

You wish.

Chretien and Martin failed to get me to register or pay, how is Harper going to swing it?

You have no idea how many people defied the registration process.

Why would that change now?

Chretien and Martin failed to get me to register or pay, how is Harper going to swing it?

You have no idea how many people defied the registration process.

Why would that change now?

but... but... according to Harper Conservatives, you'll be undermining public safety! Think of the kids, damnit!

so, no registration for you... and... no licensing, either. Aren't you special. You'll buy a license to drive your pick-me-up, but you won't buy a license for your guns! Don't you know Harper Conservatives will seize your unlicensed guns. Harper's comin fer your guns!