Your Toronto Blue Jays

That's why having Gose batting 9th is an asset because you have lead-off style guys hitting back-to-back.

Yeah the main reason anybody hits 9th is because they aren't very good at it.

If Gose gets better, they could move him to leadoff, Reyes 2, Cabrera 3, JB 4th and EE 5th. Awesome.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gose had a great play last night that the commentators missed. I bet the coaches did not miss it. Sox player Bogaerts smashes the pitch off the center field wall. Rasmus misses the catch(no way he could have made it) and the ball bounces hard back into center field. Gose had hustled over and threw to second, and he kept the play to a double when it would normally be a triple. A small thing, but games often hinge on those plays.

Cabrera also hustled over but he cannot match the footspeed of Gose. Good play all around.

I just heard Lester got traded to the A's. Good that it's not the Orioles.

The A's used to be the frugal team now it's throwing its weight around. It would almost be unfair if they don't win the series considering they're doing everything right in this regard.

The one pitcher they got from the Cubs, Hammels is playing like crap though.

Is it time to jump back on the Jay bandwagon yet?

You can know for sure next week at this time. 4-games against Houston who are 20 games under .500 then home against the Orioles who they're chasing for the AL East title.

Currently the Jays are in sole possession of the 2nd Wildcard spot. Though 2-years ago the MLB downgraded the significance of the Wildcard as the teams that qualify now just do a "play-in" game. The Jays are 5.5 games behind the Angels for the first spot so if the season ended today they'd have to fly out west to play the Angels in Anaheim. I wouldn't bet on them winning that game.

Edited by Boges

ahem. Note that- like I said- if you wanna be a contender you have to load up on pitching. Billy Beane knows....

The one game playoff for wildcard teams sucks.

I would have freaked if the Jays gave up any prospects for the Lester deal unless he re-extended his contract. They gave up their Left-fielder for him. Would you give up Melky to rent Lester and Johnny Gomes?

Apparently the price for Samardzija was Sanchez and Stroman. Glad that trade didn't go down.

Perhaps Alex can make a deal for someone today, we'll see.

You can build or if you think you are close enough: you can go for it. Tigers made a move today too. With the Tigers getting Price, Oakland , Detroit and the Angels are the class of the AL.

I would give up Cabrera if it gave me a legit shot at the playoffs, but the Jays need more than one great pitcher to win.

Melky has slugging and OPS numbers nearly as high as the year he was on the juice with the Giants.

He is going to want and will get a longterm contract for very big money, I would guess in the range of $14m per season.

Do the Jays want to pay that kind of dough , or is the spectre of Vernon Wells still lingering?

This team wasn't expected to win after last year's failure. This year is a bonus if you ask me.

Did you want Bart Rolo Colon or Clff Lee over the starting rotation as currently constructed?

Price and Lester weren't going to be Jays unless they game up key position players. Stroman and Sanchez might have gotten them a pitcher earlier in the year but now they're contributing members of the team.

I don't see the Jays beating Oakland or Detroit in a series; but you never know. Playoff experience is invaluable for the young players.

This team wasn't expected to win after last year's failure. This year is a bonus if you ask me.

I felt, as did many others, that the team was a ton better than they showed last year. Kind of like nthe Red Sox this year, defensive lapses that defy their abilities etc, lousy hitting and so on.

So this year is what last year should have been. There is lots of talent and as we see, they are very much in the hunt.

Last nights game gave me the willies though, Jays have a habit of playing down to the level of the other team and they needed that win moreso than a sweep of Boston.

Glad they did it.

Oh....and thank you Colby for being late. Do it again today will ya please?

Edited by Guyser2

When you spend $132 million per year on players I don't think it is unreasonable to expect success.I have no patience left for losing, so I am glad to see them winning .

Poor trading, bad drafting and dreadful player development got them in this predicament.

Little off topic but anybody see the Cincinnati - Miami game?

Cincinnati guy coming in from 3rd. Throw from out field right on line. Catcher catches it at the plate with runner about 15 feet from plate. Runner does not even try to slide but jogs in and is tagged. Umpire calls him out.

Cincinnati manager asks for a replay. Umps look at replay. Change the call - and runner is safe! Catcher was "blocking the plate".

Miami manager goes nuts!

Commentator says the game of baseball is changed forever.

This team can't hit they can't win.

Yesterday they had two consecutive innings with 2 runners on and one out and both ended with a double-play.

You kind of deserve to lose if you can't capitalize on those opportunities.

I would like to point out that Houston took 2 of 3 from the league leading A's so they may be relishing their role as spoiler. But there's still no good excuse for losing those 3 games. Especially squandering a great performance from J Happ on Friday.

I'd like to point out that hitting or lack of it does not matter when your pitchers: Dickey and Stroman both got bombed. The Jays would have needed 7 and 9 runs to win those games. which is an unreasonable expectation

They deserved to lose all three that they did, and barely squeaked out a win in the first game.

Reality check for sure.

I'd like to point out that hitting or lack of it does not matter when your pitchers: Dickey and Stroman both got bombed. The Jays would have needed 7 and 9 runs to win those games. which is an unreasonable expectation

They deserved to lose all three that they did, and barely squeaked out a win in the first game.

Reality check for sure.

You don't think it can be demoralizing for a pitcher to see his team squander all the chances they had this weekend?

Regardless, let's hope it's an example of them playing down to competition and they don't get shelled against the O's this week. A run of series' against: Orioles, Tigers, Mariners, ChiSox and Brewers could easily bury them if they don't show up. They were playing largely cupcakes post Allstar Break up until now.

Lawrie should be back at the end of this week, so that should help.