Your Toronto Blue Jays

4 wins in a row...quick, everybody jump back on the bandwagon...... :lol:

Morrow's starting to prove he has the proper mental toolbox to match the very talented tools he has.

Keep Lind down in Vegas, this Gomes kid is showing albeit short term that he can handle major league pitching and provide the Jays with backup at 3 infield positions unlike Lind.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their bullpen still sucks real bad, so if they can get and keep their offence going they might have a shot at third in the division.

As bad as Lind had done at the plate, his work at first is a big factor in his demotion.

If you can't play a position, and can't hit there is nowhere to hide on the roster.

No arguments here about the bullpen but if the starters can hide how bad it is and AA can upgrade it before the trade deadline, they have a shot.

Unlike Lind...who reminded me too much of Hinske...one good year, lots of promise and now, having been placed on outright waivers... long gone B)

Good win last night against the O's. However the 9th inning performance was really crappy. Sergio Santos has to be better than what they have in the late innings now.

No Shame in getting swept on the road against the Rangers. They are, perhaps, the best team in the league right now.

There inability to beat the Rays is a major concern though.

I don't understand why they keep putting the Blob aka Cordero out there. one out, four hits, two runs.... a typical performance.

Jeff Mathis did a better job pitching than him. Why don't they just cut Ciordero and bring up anybody from the minors?

Janssen has actually done pretty well, though the Jays have had few opportunities to use a closer lately.

I agree they are not as good as the Rangers, but they got absolutely smoked in two games. The gap between the Jays and playoff teams in the AL is pretty big. Still think the Jays are contenders after their performances against the Rangers and the AL East?

I don't understand why they keep putting the Blob aka Cordero out there. one out, four hits, two runs.... a typical performance.

Jeff Mathis did a better job pitching than him. Why don't they just cut Ciordero and bring up anybody from the minors?

Janssen has actually done pretty well, though the Jays have had few opportunities to use a closer lately.

I agree they are not as good as the Rangers, but they got absolutely smoked in two games. The gap between the Jays and playoff teams in the AL is pretty big. Still think the Jays are contenders after their performances against the Rangers and the AL East?

Codero makes me long for the days of....Joey McLaughlin.

I wonder if this is it for the Orioles string ontop of the schedule?

Series against the Red Sawks is key. The AL East is separated by 2.5 games. :unsure:

Say what you will about the Jays, they can certainly Mash.

I agree...

I don't think Baltimore can maintian what they've had until now...

The Dead Sox and New York are starting to roll...

I agree...

I don't think Baltimore can maintian what they've had until now...

The Dead Sox and New York are starting to roll...

Your ChiSox are having some trouble with the Jays it would appear. Going for the sweep tonight.

Brandon Morrow pitches a gem last night while movie Lawrie and Rasmus to the start of the lineup has helped both a great deal.

Your ChiSox are having some trouble with the Jays it would appear. Going for the sweep tonight.

Brandon Morrow pitches a gem last night while movie Lawrie and Rasmus to the start of the lineup has helped both a great deal.

Don't get the broom out just yet...

How 'bout that Alex Rios and Orlando Hudson???

• 5 months later...

Well how bout that trade?

The Miami Marlins and Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a multiple-player trade that would send shortstop Jose Reyes and pitcher Josh Johnson to Toronto, sources told ESPN.Also going to Toronto would be pitcher Mark Buehrle, catcher John Buck and infielder-outfielder Emilio Bonifacio."Just about any (Marlins) player making money is going to Toronto," a source told ESPN.Toronto is still without a manager after the Boston Red Sox hired John Farrell."It's a good day to be bluejay!" a tweet from Toronto's Jose Bautista read.While Bautista was elated with the proposed trade, Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton voiced his frustration via Twitter."Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple," Stanton tweeted.Johnson, who has spent his entire career with the Marlins told the Palm Beach Post that he's "in shock, but really excited to start a new chapter in my life."

Who cares if the team has not manager.

We have more starting pitchers and a world class shortstop!

If the Jays can't compete for the AL East next year I'll be shocked.

Also bringing in Buck means they can deal Arencibia which is cool.

GO JAYS GO!!!

Edited by Boges

• 1 month later...

National League Cy Young Award Winner RA Dickey to the Jays for their top Catching prospect and two other catchers switching hands.

How can people not be excited about the Jays in 2013?

The excitement is here in the city, but with xmas it has to takle a back seat (not to mention Newtown Conn)

The exciting part of it is the other players tweeting....'maybe TO isnt so bad a place to play"

Keep your shirt on, theres more to come.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big things to come this year. I am a huge Blue Jays fan and think we are going all the way this year.

Keys are:

* Bautista staying healthy
* Morrow staying healthy

* Romero rebounding from his miserable season (he had a shoulder injury)

* Dickey repeating or at least, coming close to 2012 numbers

* If just either Buhlere or Josh Johnson are themselves

Bluejays had one of the most potent offenses last year and it's only gotten better.

If we are not in the World Series I will be very surprised. New York/Boston/Tampa have no chance this year.

Like a sucker I watched part of the first Spring Training game. Brandon Morrow gave up 3 hits and a towering bomb to Prince Fielder. There's a reason these games generally aren't televised, because it's essentially live practice.

I am looking forward to seeing Melky Cabrera and Jose Reyes in the batter's box.

It was nice of J.A. Happ to take Curtis Granderson out for a few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Like a sucker I watched part of the first Spring Training game. Brandon Morrow gave up 3 hits and a towering bomb to Prince Fielder. There's a reason these games generally aren't televised, because it's essentially live practice.

I am looking forward to seeing Melky Cabrera and Jose Reyes in the batter's box.

It was nice of J.A. Happ to take Curtis Granderson out for a few months.

Dickey ain't looking good. He got socked by Team Mexico yesterday.

Johnson's looking good, though. Nice to see Teixiera join Granderson too.

Making it look easy this year.

Edited by Chris+