Your Toronto Blue Jays

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hutch stays healthy they have a formidable top 3. Winning 3 of every 5 games is just fine.

Which three are you referring to?

Dickey has absolutely sucked since he arrived, with occasional bursts of average.

Hutchison has 23 major league starts and 9 wins in his career, with a 3.99 ERA. He has some time to go before the adjective 'formidable' applies.

Baseball is a long long grind and everybody needs to calm down just a little bit.

Dickey had two average starts recently but 7 quality starts in a row previously.

I think Hutch has great stuff. He just needs confidence.

Starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise for them.

I believe the starters have the most wins in the league.

Edited by Boges

Is it OK to like the team but not like Toronto?

Of course it is !

Hell, look at the Leafs and all those fans that fill the arenas in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Montreal.

In Ottawa , it appears only Leaf fans buy tickets. But they live in Ottawa.

Call them The Jays.....leave the TO name out of it

Hell, look at the Leafs and all those fans that fill the arenas in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Montreal.

All of those arenas sell out every night, with or without the Leafs.

The reason there are loud and vocal Leafs fans in attendance when the Leafs visit is that the locals with season tickets are only too happy to sell their $100 ticket for $500. The Leafs themselves are not a draw for locals because they have no star players. Locals don't sell their tickets so much when Crosby or Ovechkin are in town.

So they've swept both other AL division leaders now. All 3 wins ended up being relatively comfortable against the Tigers.

Happ beats Verlander. Lawrie and Francisco hit back-to-back homers on a day where EE gets the day off.

Not saying they'll continue to win at this clip or that they're a lock to make the playoffs, but at this point, their success is no fluke.

It's not like with the Leafs this year where they were winning inspite of themselves and it caught up to them. The Jays are dominating just about every aspect of the game.

Watched the end of the game on my recording device. Surprised that they won without cashing in all those guys who got on base. Baseball does not schedule their games to satisfy those senior citizens who use sundown as an indicator that it is time to go to bed! :D

Yes, technology has made the games more accurate. That home plate rule has also has saved a few unwarranted injuries. Now if there was a way to technologize the strike zone then it would save a lot of arguments. But I can see some unhappy batter battering the #### out of a camera after a computer called third strike.

Go Jays Go!

Oh, and Lind might be a great idea as trade bait, he is having a great year for batting average, on base % and slugging %. His power numbers are down, fewer home runs but his trade value may bever be higher.

They have Fransisco to fill in his left hand production.

Not true.

Strong trade bait comes from players that are playing well, like Lind, in postions that your team lacks. He may also be surplus, since the Jays could probably manage without his bat since they have many sluggers. He doesn't run well or play a position with any great skill, so it is his bat that matters and right now he is red hot.

Two teams that have really strong pitching and need some hitting urgently are St Louis and Atlanta. Bonus: they are both in the NL.

The Jays also have to decide soon on some roster moves. Colby Rasmus and Santos will both be back soonish. What do they do with Rasmus? Do they send Gose back to the minors? I thinl they should look at dumping one of their catchers. I've never seen a team keep 3 catchers, all of whom only play that position, and none of them are professional hitters that would be an effective DH. It's very unusual. And because the Jays have so many pitchers, they have few position players on the bench. They should trade a catcher(Nivarro?) and keep Gose for his extreme speed and he is an OK backup if any of the regualr outfielders gets hurt. Too bad Gose and Rasmus both hit left, they'd be good to platoon.

OK first, name a pitcher on Atlanta or St. Louis that they would deem expendable for a hitter who can't hit right-handers? If you remember correctly, Atlanta beat the Jays out for Irving Santana because they had injuries. The only NL pitcher that I see being in play is Philly's Cliff Lee.

All 3 catchers play a role. Thole is Dickey's catcher, Kratz has brought the best out of Happ and Navarro has played DH. All 3 are contributing.

They brought Navarro in because JP Arencibia was a hot mess. No way they trade him. Arguably he's the reason pitchers, especially Buehrle have benefitted from having a competent catcher.

Santos would have to replace a pitcher and I think there's room in the bullpen to bring back Rasmus. Can't send Gose down again. Though he struck out trying to bunt last night, he's dynamic when he gets on base.

Um, every team is pro sports knows that to fix a hole in their rosters in mid season they will likely have to give something up. Atlanta and St Louis both have post season aspirations. They both have very good pitching and not good offence. Another one that is a trade candidate is Minnesota. They are still in the hunt, in a tightly packed division. Same thing, good pitching, weak offence.

If Alex Alphabet can find a dance partner, he'll pull the string on Lind. He also has post seasons dreams, and obviously the Jays weakness is pitching.

I can't think of a single example of any MLB team ever carrying three cathcers, none of whom play anywhere else or are professional hitters.

But whatever. They have to open a roster spot for Rasmus. Ok, keep Navarro and trade Kratz. Neither are irreplaceable, all three are journeymen. Just because any or all of them are an upgrade on Arrencibia is not a reason to keep 3 catchers.

So if you have Rasmus back and Santos back, you'd send down two pitchers/ Which ones?

You still haven't given me a name of a pitcher that's in play. If someone asks for Lind, sure make the trade. I just don't see it happening. Who's the pitcher on Minnesota that is worth one of the Jay's hitters?

The only names I've heard as pitchers that are on the Jays radar, from the experts I've listened to, are Jeff Samardja from the Cubs, Cliff Lee from the Phillies, David Price from the Rays and James Shields from the Royals.

I don't have a lot of faith in Santos, but perhaps if he's healthy he'll be worth a spot. Right now Redman and Jenkins are mop up guys (Only put them in the game when the result isn't in question) And if Delabar keeps it up, he may need to get sent down because he's become very unreliable. It's actually shocking he was an All-Star last year. Rasmus needs to prove he's worth being traded, assuming Gose is the answer. Gose sort of has to be because both Melky and Rasmus are Free Agents and will demand top dollar. Right now Melky is the more valuable option.

Edited by Boges