F-35 Purchase

c'mon DOP... can ya fire up the Sopwith and get after your real Red-Menace enabler, hey? :lol:

as I say, talk to the Harper hand... apparently, the recent days meeting was just about... "cultural exchanges"! :lol:

of course, just a follow-up on the recent February Harper embrace!

Harper, who is leading a delegation of more than 40 Canadian executives, will meet Premier Wen Jiabao today in Beijing, hold talks with President Hu Jintao tomorrow and meet local Communist Party officials over the next four days as he seeks to assure Chinese leaders the Asian country is welcome to invest in Canadian natural resources. Harper will also push for greater access to China for Canadian banks, insurers and firms such as Bombardier Inc., a Montreal-based plane and train maker.

Harper will be “impressing upon the Chinese government and firms Canada’s openness to Chinese investment in our economy,” Andrew MacDougall, a spokesman for Harper, said in an interview. He will also seek “to expand and deepen the strategic partnership between our two countries, including by discussing opportunities to improve the investment climate for Canadian firms operating in China.”

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon DOP... can ya fire up the Sopwith and get after your real Red-Menace enabler, hey? :lol:

of course, just a follow-up on the recent February Harper embrace!

That's the thing,and your quote hammers it home...

These are not marauding Marxist's anymore...

What type of Marxist involves itself in the "decadence" of market based economies??

These are the new menace...The Authoritarian Capitalist (see Fascist) menace from the right...

Black shirts and stick bundled axes...Don't mind the splinters!!!

Edited by Jack Weber

...and the poor fellow's brain can't wrap around that I didn't vote for Harper.

:rolleyes:

Neither did I...Or his representative in my riding...

That doesn't mean you don't generally agree with the policies of the current gang controlling things in Ottawa...

That goes for me,by the way,as well...

Neither did I...Or his representative in my riding...

That doesn't mean you don't generally agree with the policies of the current gang controlling things in Ottawa...

That goes for me,by the way,as well...

Are you kidding? They're a pack of Rapture endorsing goons. No matter the government, we'd be buying new planes. Granted, new biplanes if it's ever the NDP.

Are you kidding? They're a pack of Rapture endorsing goons. No matter the government, we'd be buying new planes. Granted, new biplanes if it's ever the NDP.

Well,admittedly there are a few who are classified as "Evangelical Zealots"...

But that doesn't seem to be the direction of this government...It seems they are taking the pro-military/hang 'em high/hand over the heart direction...

Well,admittedly there are a few who are classified as "Evangelical Zealots"...

But that doesn't seem to be the direction of this government...It seems they are taking the pro-military/hang 'em high/hand over the heart direction...

Closest thing you could use to describe me is a Monarchist. Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl. My hero is Sir Harry Flashman.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZglobldeQ4

Edited by DogOnPorch

Closest thing you could use to describe me is a Monarchist. Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl. My hero is Sir Harry Flashman.

:lol:

Some might say that's the standard "submission to authority" complex some have...

But whatever...

:D

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest Derek L

Yah I love buying a plane with no Weapons systems and with out an engine. Stop using numbers you know aren't real and don't include all the parts.

From the previous quoted article, the figure with engines, is ~89 million per………Weapons will be initially what we already have in inventory for our current Hornets, with any additional expenditures being replenished on a case by case basis……….Support costs, well them be that “hidden” 10 billion dollar price tag. :rolleyes:

Guest Derek L

[/indent]

you ***-clown! If you have concerns over the APUC... then you shouldn't have mentioned it, hey? I'm simply responding to your initial reference, to your APUC costing reference! I'm simply providing you the real numbers from the Pentagon's own, just released, SAR. You must have thought the APUC had some significance, some bearing... you quoted it! In fact you quoted it, you bold-highlighted it, you underlined it! :lol:

You’re highlighting the APUC for low rate initial production aircraft purchased this year and last, when production costing is at it’s highest……..contrasted with the APUC (That I highlighted) during full production later this decade.

Put on the nose Bobo……..

Guest Derek L

link to the original and reference untrue/dated per-plane costing? You already asked this... I already answered... here, have it again:

And using the highest quoted figure ($95.16 million) what is the result of multiplying that buy 65 (aircraft) or even 80? Fingers and toes time indeed…. ;)

Guest Derek L

well DOP, since it's such a hyped/touted aspect of the F-35... just how good is the "stealthiness"... and your "truthiness"? Any problems/concerns? Any F-35 'stealth killers' out there, hey?

Eventually there will be……..contrast with the touted alternative, non stealth (4th generation) aircraft………