Here we go again...Tory attacks ads.

Now, one think the Tories by the ads, the Tories are not sure of themselves in the next election so they have come out with these ads. The surprise is its NOT against the NDP but Rae. All the mistakes he made like the deficit he ran, BUT wait, the Feds have that same problem and of course, they take his own words out of context. Rae has said many times, he did some things wrong during the recession. That one thing Rae has over Harper, Rae will admit mistakes, Harper believes he doesn't, he blame others. The question is why are they coming out with these ads? Is it to switch the public's focus on the robocalls or does Harper like to sit back and watch the ads and say "Damn I'm good" somebody pat me on the back! http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/conservatives-release-election-style-ads-181100639.html

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They constantly run ads against the other parties. It's ridiculous and needs to stop. Campaign ads should only be run from the time an election is called until the day before an eletion. I don't need to be bombarded with any party's propaganda at any other time of the election cycle.

They constantly run ads against the other parties. It's ridiculous and needs to stop. Campaign ads should only be run from the time an election is called until the day before an eletion. I don't need to be bombarded with any party's propaganda at any other time of the election cycle.

Complete nonsense. I realize that you're not a big fan of free speech, but limiting the amount of time one gets to criticize people in power is exactly the opposite of what should be done. If I want to pay for an ad, criticizing the actions or policies of a particular government or party, I have, and should always have that right.

Move to the Soviet Union if you don't like it. :rolleyes:

Agreed. And any adds run attacking another candidate should be accurate. This add makes it seem as though Rae will make a run for the permanent leadership then lead the party into the 2015 election. He may or may not. This add doesnt acknowledge that fact.

I love the squeal of stuck pigs. :)

Even the Liberals admit it's a question of who has the most money to wage political war.

But this time the Liberals say they will fight back and will use the ad to both raise money and to appeal to voters who go to the polls Monday in a by-election in Jack Layton’s former riding of Toronto-Danforth.

“My colleagues at the party will be asking Canadians to contribute financially to our response. The scale of that response will depend on how generous Canadians will be in our appeal to fight back,” Rae spokesman Daniel Lauzon said in an e-mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/liberals-vow-to-return-fire-after-tories-target-rae-with-attack-ad/article2374022/

Money, money...send money...the big, bad Conservatives are at it again...waahhhh....

Agreed. And any adds run attacking another candidate should be accurate.

And who should decide what's accurate? Let me guess, a ministry of truth? :rolleyes:

We already have libel and slander laws. If something falls within said laws, then there is a process to deal with it.

Complete nonsense. I realize that you're not a big fan of free speech, but limiting the amount of time one gets to criticize people in power is exactly the opposite of what should be done. If I want to pay for an ad, criticizing the actions or policies of a particular government or party, I have, and should always have that right.

Sure, but make it accurate or be charged for libel.

And who should decide what's accurate? Let me guess, a ministry of truth? :rolleyes:

The historical record should do. Or available facts. Manipulating voters should be illegal and thats what attack adds do.

Exactly. Everything in that ad is factual truth, obviously spun to favour the Conservatives, but not many Ontarians who lived during that time would dispute any of those facts.

Fair enough,but I can't understand why the Tories are going after the 3rd party so strenuously??

Unless they've got the Mulcair/Cullen/Nash character assassination ads in the can already?

Is there any way we can travel back in time and delete the hundreds of hours on CBC devoted to Saint Jacques Layton worship? I know you would agree that is only fair.

It was al little over the top,but it must be noted that it was the Prime Minister who allowed for a State Funeral...That certainly added to the melodrama...

However,that melodrama never went on for as long as...say...the Michael Ignatieff character assassination ads did...

The "government economic action plan" ads,that continue to run,have...(taxpayers dime,by the way)

etc...

If I want to pay for an ad, criticizing the actions or policies of a particular government or party, I have, and should always have that right.

He didn't suggest you be denied that right. He suggested that when you're able to make such political ads be limited to the duration of an election campaign.

(There's no such thing as absolutely free speech, in any country, BTW.)