Polling

I love it. The people who were saying "the election is 3 years away! These polls are all meaningless garbage!" Are now saying, "HA! Look at the NDP! They're going to lose!"

yup as my poll shows something else...normally I wouldn't post a poll I look at polls for my own interest but if the poll booth thieves are going to post and gloat I'll add my own to balance things out...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. The people who were saying "the election is 3 years away! These polls are all meaningless garbage!" Are now saying, "HA! Look at the NDP! They're going to lose!"

Harper has been doing a lot of fluff to turn around the conservative image... it worked a little bit.

But, I can never personally vote for a party so closed and deceitful. Regardless of whether their polices merit consideration or not.

Edited by MiddleClassCentrist

Strange many people felt the same way about Tom Mulcair a year ago, yet the NDPs numbers were going down then though.

From what I hear people are liking Mulcair, I think they will like him either more when isn't running against their own personal Liberal Jesus in their head and he is running against a real person.

I'm waiting until after the Fall budget comes dowm. I heard its 800 pages, last one was 400+. The Tories must going to hide alot more in this one and give the parties less than two months to debate in committee. This is just like the US, Congress passes the Bills and never know what's in them, and at least the NDP and Libs try to hold the Tories for what they put in them.

Justin T needs to spend some leadership time in opposition I think.

I'm pleased at how Mulcair is maturing into the job.

A very viable PM I think, with a viable agenda and without the underhandedness and one-man power trip we see with Harper.

I think Mulcair actually believes in democracy, where Harper doesn't.

Justin T needs to spend some leadership time in opposition I think.

I'm pleased at how Mulcair is maturing into the job.

A very viable PM I think, with a viable agenda and without the underhandedness and one-man power trip we see with Harper.

I think Mulcair actually believes in democracy, where Harper doesn't.

Yes, that's absolutely shown by the new topic

Mulcair changing the NDPs position on sovereignty

Nippy Democracy at it's finest

Yes, but I said current, and the one just previous (Martin).

And Harper's run has been very successful, so boring is not always an issue.

Not necessarily. It can also be that the alternatives are worse.

If your choice is between boring and bad...

Personally I don't look at polls unless there are leaders of all parties.

I would agree. These polls mean nothing. Maybe the Liberals have some sleeper that takes the center again and it is a brand new story. I don't know and I think we all have wait until it gets closer to an election to start at this stuff.

I would agree. These polls mean nothing. Maybe the Liberals have some sleeper that takes the center again and it is a brand new story. I don't know and I think we all have wait until it gets closer to an election to start at this stuff.

In all seriousness polling is very important IMO. While they can change quickly long term trends can have huge impacts.

Ok, now there is this poll, which couldn't be more different from the previous poll.

I am going to have a look at the pdf details.. methodology etc.

It may be a poll, but I don't believe the LPC is that low....and would expect them to be anywheres from 20 to 27%.

New Abacus poll:

http://abacusdata.ca/2012/09/24/federal-politics-conservatives-and-ndp-tied-at-35/

Con 35

NDP 35

Lib 17

Approval rates:

Harper: -50 +35 Net -15

Mulcair: +36 -22 Net +14