Newt 2012

Of course,Professor...There's no Southern Strategy anymore in the Republican Party and Gingrich was'nt playing it to a T in the first state to leave The Union...

Of course you're right...Novak and Atwater are wrong...

I've never said there was never such thing as a Southern strategy, and I've never suggested Bob Novak and Lee Atwater are wrong. I just don't think that has anything to do with the current primary process. I don't see the same coded words that you do, and I don't see Bob Novak and Lee Atwater having any significant in the current process either.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

Just watching the debate on NBC…….Newt and Dr Paul seem a little cozy……..Ron Paul complementing Gingrich on his positions on the Fed and Gold………Hmmm……Gingrich/Paul in 2012?……Naaah

LOL!!! Those are your examples of so-called code words? :lol:

No, they're nothing at all resembling anything coded. Except in the minds of people like Jack, who automically associate poor children with black children. It says more about you than about anyone else. It's pretty sad that you're stuck in an era that doesn't really exist anymore.

Even the Toronto Star sees coded racism in Newt's words.

Some of the ugliness that may then disfigure American politics is already plain to see. Gingrich keeps calling Barack Obama a “food-stamp president” (as opposed to himself as a “paycheque” one), a reference, indirect but intentional, to the colour of those most likely to depend on food stamps, and also the most likely to vote for Obama.

http://www.thestar.com/article/1120052--newt-gingrich-and-the-politics-of-resentment

Maybe I'm not very good at reading between the lines but when I listen to politicians I take their words at face value. I do, however, judge them on their actions.

Just watching the debate on NBC…….Newt and Dr Paul seem a little cozy……..Ron Paul complementing Gingrich on his positions on the Fed and Gold………Hmmm……Gingrich/Paul in 2012?……Naaah

I'm watching it too. I though Romney's last answer on taxes was great.

At the outset, the moderator discouraged applause or other loud reactions. That's something Newt feeds on and is energized by as we saw in SC. This will work in Mitt's favour I think.

At the outset, the moderator discouraged applause or other loud reactions. That's something Newt feeds on and is energized by as we saw in SC. This will work in Mitt's favour I think.

I think so too. Right now Mitt's really taking it to Newt. I'm sure he's glad there's a commercial break.

We don't need to delve deep into decades of history. Just provide me with an example of Newt Gingrich's so-called code words. You won't, because you can't. So instead, you bring up Lee Atwater, and the Southern Stragety, and Bob Novka, and everyother nonsensical strawman you can think of. I'm just suprised you didn't include the Koch brothers, like you do in every other one of your posts. :lol:

Even a cursory glance at the Lee Atwater wiki would give you an understanding of what is meant by coded racism. It has to do with statements and proposals that have a disparate impact on African Americans. On the surface, the politician isn't saying anything directly about black people, but when you unpack the claim it's a direct attack on them. If you would have read the article, the author unpacks his "child labour" speech for you. So the example has already been given. You're just reluctant to see it, understand it, or admit it. Who knows.

This is an interesting point. What are you saying specifically? That Newt is not on the ballot for all 564 ballots, or that Rick is not on for some ballots and Newt is not on for some ballots, and together they add up to 564?

Newt a racist? Are you guys serious, please present factual incidents.

I am not sure about Santorum but Newt isn't on the ballet in states that add up to 564 delegates, the largest state being Virginia. I have no idea how he expects to win the nomination...does he think he trumps math?

I am not sure about Santorum but Newt isn't on the ballet in states that add up to 564 delegates, the largest state being Virginia. I have no idea how he expects to win the nomination...does he think he trumps math?

Hm, I guess so. Maybe the fix is in like MH keeps sayin'.

It's been outlined explicitly for you how it's being used.

It's completely subjective. Is Obama using coded anti-semetic language when he talks about Wallstreet? Hmmm, I think he might be. Or when he talks about millionaires and billionaires. That's obviously code for Whitey.

Sorry, I just don't agree with you about these so-called code words. It just sounds like the same tripe I've recently heard about Gingrich's referral of Obama as the food stamps President. But it's a fact. More people are on food stamps now than ever before. It's not about black or white. It's about the failed economic policies of the current president. Perhaps you should stop the race-baiting and delve a little deeper in real issues.

It's about the failed economic policies of the current president. Perhaps you should stop the race-baiting and delve a little deeper in real issues.

Nobody with a brain is going to believe that. Its the failed economic policies of every president since the seventies, and a more and more violent business cycle. Obama did exactly what Bush was already doing and exactly what any other president would have done, which is allow the private federal reserve, and a bunch of advisors from the federal reserve and wallstreet to decide what to do.

Bankers and wallstreet executives made these decisions.

Even the Toronto Star sees coded racism in Newt's words.

http://www.thestar.com/article/1120052--newt-gingrich-and-the-politics-of-resentment

Maybe I'm not very good at reading between the lines but when I listen to politicians I take their words at face value. I do, however, judge them on their actions.

EVEN the red star!?! Then it must be true!! :lol:

EVEN the red star!?! Then it must be true!! :lol:

LOL! Exactly. They're just repeating the same drivel other news outlets are reporting. For some reason, if you point out the increase in the millions of recipients of foodstamps, it's racist. I'm guessing they wouldn't feel the same way if it was a Republican President. :rolleyes:

LOL! Exactly. They're just repeating the same drivel other news outlets are reporting. For some reason, if you point out the increase in the millions of recipients of foodstamps, it's racist. I'm guessing they wouldn't feel the same way if it was a Republican President. :rolleyes:

What if I told you they only point food stamps when the president is Black, what would you say then?

Edited by punked

What if I told you they only point food stamps when the president is Black, what would you say then?

So if Hillary Clinto were President, you don't think Republicans would be citing the increase in the number of footstamp recipients? :rolleyes:

Come'on punked, you know that's ridiculous. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with failed economic policy. Playing the race card is just a way to deflect attention from the real issues. It happens when one is all out of answers.

So if Hillary Clinto were President, you don't think Republicans would be citing the increase in the number of footstamp recipients? :rolleyes:

Come'on punked, you know that's ridiculous. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with failed economic policy. Playing the race card is just a way to deflect attention from the real issues. It happens when one is all out of answers.

I don't know Shady, remind me how many times Republicans mentioned it when Bill was President Shady? You do know it went way up in 92,93,94,95 right up to that election to. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Geee I wonder why they didn't say anything then Shady?

I don't know Shady, remind me how many times Republicans mentioned it when Bill was President Shady? You do know it went way up in 92,93,94,95 right up to that election to.

Actually, you're wrong. Food stamp recipients began to decline starting in 1994, and declined in 1995, and in 1996. So you wanted Republicans to attack President Clinton while the number of people needing food stamps was declining by 2 to 3 million per year? Yeah, great strategy. :rolleyes:

Actually, you're wrong. Food stamp recipients began to decline starting in 1994, and declined in 1995, and in 1996. So you wanted Republicans to attack President Clinton while the number of people needing food stamps was declining by 2 to 3 million per year? Yeah, great strategy. :rolleyes:

You do know food stamps have been declining over the last few months to right? Ohhhhhh right Obama is Black.