Is Dick Cheney a sociopath/psychopath?

More psychobabble? And why are we discussing an out-of-office Vice-President?

Because someone is disturbed by the idea that VP Cheney will take his rightful place in American history and ride off into the sunset without having to pay for his "sins". I could do the same thing with Trudeau but the man is already dead.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people who don't care for the guy has good reason. During the 60's, he had two DWI's and the second one should have left him there but it was in a different state and police didn't know it was his second. He flunked out at Yale twice at this time. So when he realized that he NEEDED to go to school to stay out of the Nam War he apply 5x for a draft deferments! By 1966, he was married and wife pregnant so then he apply for the last deferment and in 1967 he was 26, and didn't have to take the draft. So Cheney did everything he could to stay out of the war just like GW Bush and then these two guys became the president and VP and sent other people to fight a war. Cheney probably has made a lot of money from these wars.

... So Cheney did everything he could to stay out of the war just like GW Bush and then these two guys became the president and VP and sent other people to fight a war. Cheney probably has made a lot of money from these wars.

So did Bill Clinton, but you seem to love him as president and sexual harrassment perp. George Bush is a US veteran and served with the Texas Air National Guard, type qualifying on F-102's. Cheney made his money on oil, just like a lot of Canadians.

According to that he doesn't seem to match on the "Socially deviant lifestyle" factors, but is hits the "Aggressive narcissism" out of the ballpark.

It's impossible to tell just by seeing the guy on television and in the news, of course. We could make assumptions, but even the psychologists that apply the test often times find themselves the object of manipulation by psychopaths. It's very difficult to diagnose for that reason. I don't think he's a psychopath for the "socially deviant lifestyle" reasons, like you mentioned; however, I don't know what his marriage is like either. ;)

He's an American with a long history of public service. We all know why some Canadians hate "the bastard". In the end, it doesn't matter...Cheney is our bastard...not yours.

Contrary to the walls you build around your country, you don't live in a silo. It would be nice if you guys would piss off and stop getting involved in other people's affairs, but you don't. So yeah. Your bastards end up being our bastards.

I think people who don't care for the guy has good reason. During the 60's, he had two DWI's and the second one should have left him there but it was in a different state and police didn't know it was his second. He flunked out at Yale twice at this time. So when he realized that he NEEDED to go to school to stay out of the Nam War he apply 5x for a draft deferments! By 1966, he was married and wife pregnant so then he apply for the last deferment and in 1967 he was 26, and didn't have to take the draft. So Cheney did everything he could to stay out of the war just like GW Bush and then these two guys became the president and VP and sent other people to fight a war. Cheney probably has made a lot of money from these wars.

I think Topaz is filling out the social deviance part... :lol:

Because someone is disturbed by the idea that VP Cheney will take his rightful place in American history and ride off into the sunset without having to pay for his "sins". I could do the same thing with Trudeau but the man is already dead.

Trudeau treated the nation as if was his own private ant farm - like we were lab rats...as for his "charisma" - what charisma? Old conservatives used to refere to his as "the shark" a preditor...one who never sleeps and hunts the unaware....

Really? Has he been idicted? Are there any warrants for his arrest?

There are no warrants outstanding for you and I - perhaps there should be? The way it works is that the ESTABLISHED crimminals take on the role of the good guys ------------and the less established and not as powerful crimminals are forced to take on the role of the villian - Cheney is establishment - so he is a good guy...but a high class punk none the less.

The only time Cheney showed his cards fully was when Wolf Blitzer of CNN was interviewing him...Wolf said something regarding the fairness of Cheney's lesbian daughter becoming a mother... Cheney did a soft implosion of sorts - his face became like steel and in his eyes everything was said without a word ...if there was an audio out let for his thoughts at that moment it would have said ..."Blitzer you creepy little Jew - I will destroy you and your whole family if you even so much as say one more negative thing about my family" - He is a scarey guy that is capable of murder - the legal kind of course ...but as I said - Cheney is on a death row of sorts and is awaiting devine execution...so in the end there will be justice.

Yes. The majority of professional psychological diagnoses are subjective, and based on generic, subjective, fortune cookie type categories (in the DSM-IV manual). I'm not claiming I'm a professional by any means, but I am saying that Cheney fits most of the categories of what one would label a "sociopath" and typical antisocial behaviour.

It would be interesting to a pro's opinion on the matter.

Half of our heads of buisness are anti-social soiopaths..in denyal of course - Knew of a guy once - police behviour experts called him a socio-path - I said to him - what does that mean - he said ---"It means you are a very social person" - maybe this is typical of the big dogs also?

Contrary to the walls you build around your country, you don't live in a silo. It would be nice if you guys would piss off and stop getting involved in other people's affairs, but you don't. So yeah. Your bastards end up being our bastards.

Only because you want them to....worse than being complicit in America's affairs is the thought of being totally irrelevant. That's why your DND told Dief to eff off and listened to JFK instead.

How is that Libya bombing going?

Only because you want them to....worse than being complicit in America's affairs is the thought of being totally irrelevant. That's why your DND told Dief to eff off and listened to JFK instead.

How is that Libya bombing going?

They say we are dependant on trade with America - because we need their money..but we never question how that American money is generated. We just turn a blind eye and take it.

They say we are dependant on trade with America - because we need their money..but we never question how that American money is generated. We just turn a blind eye and take it.

That's true...it's the foundation of resentment for many here who would love to tell America to piss off only to find that they really can't....at least not economically. They get angry when I remind them of this...I don't mind buying things from Canada....even uranium for nuclear weapons and DU munitions! :)