Is the canadian left anti-Semitic

PIK

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Keep in mind, that's just my opinion. I don't think anyone has tried.

I understand. Of course it's the same with me - but it's based on the fact that I don't recall ever reading about such an event, while I have read plenty about the 'anti-Israel' activities.

:lol: being anti-zionist is not the same as anti-semitic

Zionism is the belief that there should exist a sovereign Jewish state. Anti-Zionism is rejection of this, that is, an anti-Zionist believes that Jews should not have a state to call their own. This implicitly means that they should only live in nations where they are a minority. Over two thousands years of history clearly shows that Jewish minorities in almost all nations have been subject to discrimination, oppression, and extermination. An anti-Zionist believes that Jews must go back to this mode of existence, even if he/she does not realize it.

That's what I thought.

Bonam is exactly right. Just like on most university campuses in the USA, anti-Israel/anti-Semitic rhetoric is a staple of our campus scene. It's disgusting and it's a testament to the pronounced left-wing indoctrination of youth in universities where "intellectuals" like Chomsky and Zinn are lionized.

Zionism is the belief that there should exist a sovereign Jewish state. Anti-Zionism is rejection of this, that is, an anti-Zionist believes that Jews should not have a state to call their own. This implicitly means that they should only live in nations where they are a minority. Over two thousands years of history clearly shows that Jewish minorities in almost all nations have been subject to discrimination, oppression, and extermination. An anti-Zionist believes that Jews must go back to this mode of existence, even if he/she does not realize it.

I think you're wasting your time, concepts such as nationalism and independence/sovereignty are beyond wyly's comprehension. He certainly doesn't know what Zionism is, and clearly has no intention of educating himself.

Guest American Woman

I honestly did not know what "Zionism" was ... not all that long ago, I thought "Zionist" was synonymous with "extremist." I didn't realize it simply referred to supporting an Israeli/Jewish state. I think it was Rue who corrected me on that.

Israel is a secular democracy, so how would being anti-israel be anti-semitic?

It is a Jewish state. The ONLY Jewish state. No doubt, it's mere coincidence how many people are obsessed with their failings, as compared to, say, Syria or Iran or North Korea, or China or Russia.

It is a Jewish state. The ONLY Jewish state. No doubt, it's mere coincidence how many people are obsessed with their failings, as compared to, say, Syria or Iran or North Korea, or China or Russia.

But it's not a Talmudic Theocracy...Unlike Iran being an Islamic Republic.Israel is a representative secular democracy...

Not sticking up for the Islamofascists here because I don't believe they require a second thought....

I honestly did not know what "Zionism" was ... not all that long ago, I thought "Zionist" was synonymous with "extremist." I didn't realize it simply referred to supporting an Israeli/Jewish state. I think it was Rue who corrected me on that.

See? It tells you how effective the propagandists are in redefining terms. Unfortunately, many people think Zionism is some sort of conspiratorial movement for global dominance, or something seamy and evil. Zionism is simple, in a way, it's as you've said - supporting statehood for the Jewish people in our land.

I honestly did not know what "Zionism" was ... not all that long ago, I thought "Zionist" was synonymous with "extremist." I didn't realize it simply referred to supporting an Israeli/Jewish state.

Actually the totally useless U.N. defined Zionism as "a form of racism and racial discrimination".

Now now Argus, I've had countless right wing kooks tell me Israel is a secular democracy. Many Israelis also make that claim. How is a secular state a religious state?

See? It tells you how effective the propagandists are in redefining terms. Unfortunately, many people think Zionism is some sort of conspiratorial movement for global dominance, or something seamy and evil.

It is unfortunate, but I always thought it was right-wing white-power crackers who subscribe to this?

Zionism is simple, in a way, it's as you've said - supporting statehood for the Jewish people in our land.

Except they put it in someone else's land.

Dude...do you think Canada was any different?

No actually what Canada and the US did was pretty much the same thing. The taking of someone elses land by force and subsequent herding of the natives into smaller and smaller areas. Probably the same shit Saddam would have done in Kuwait to!

Although it is an Islamic Republic, Iran does also have a seat in its government for a Jewish representative, contrary to Ahmadinejad's rhetoric.

It's funny how naive leftists like you love to mention that detail as if it means anything, and as if hundreds of thousands of Jews weren't expelled from Iran. Your ideological antecedents were doing the same thing back in the days of Reagan and the Soviet Union, using communist state documents as "proof" that the Soviet Union indeed protected the freedoms and liberties of all its people, and therefore didn't deserve the label of "evil empire". The Soviet Union, at face value, claimed to protect all minority identities, and even had a department of Jewish affairs, staffed by Jews... who worked tirelessly to destroy Jewish culture. But for you, that was proof that Jewish rights were protected in the glorious Soviet Union.

You are, literally, the useful idiot leftist who swallows the games of our enemies as they lie to us with every breath they take.

Here's the same kinda stupidity from a Harvard Ph.D, imploring us to rethink our designation of Hezbollah as a terrorist and anti-Semitic organization. After all, if Hezbollah is donating money towards the reconstruction of a synagogue in Beirut (after virtually all the Jewish people had already been expelled from Lebanon), how can this organization be anything other than wholesome? "Food for thought". <vomits>

Edited by Bob

Now now Argus, I've had countless right wing kooks tell me Israel is a secular democracy. Many Israelis also make that claim. How is a secular state a religious state?

Yeah.... just another example of why people like you should talk less about this subject and pay more attention. This question reveals your massive ignorance of Israel.