recognize palestine

bud

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people of Palestine (?) DO have a right to their own government and country.

This should and MUST be recognized, honoured and enforced just as soon as the Arab world and Iran recognizes the right of Israel to exist.

So you would deny them this right because of what people in other countries that palestinians have absolutly no control over do?

The people of Palestine (?) DO have a right to their own government and country.

This should and MUST be recognized, honoured and enforced just as soon as the Arab world and Iran recognizes the right of Israel to exist.

israel has a seat in the UN so what's your point...

Guest American Woman

from observation I'd say the palestinian government is as stable and more functional than the US government at the moment...

I'm sure from your "observation" it does. <_<

Israel tells the US what to veto in the UN. They have done so in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. The US complies because AIPAC has a powerful lobby in The House and Senate.

Jews rule the world. Half the planet already speaks Hebrew.

Charles Anthony should have been surprised at my response but also should have known something wa sup with me.

I was making a point. A deliberate one.

Wasn't sure how else to make it.

In these discussions, inevitably sweeping generalizations are made about Jews and Israel using the pretext of allegedly

advocatingv on behalf of Palestine.

I engaged in what I consider the exact same language only specifically directed at Bud instead of how I believe it

is being used against Palestinians, Jews, Muslims and Israelis in these alleged dialogues.

No of course the personal attacks against Bud are wrong. Totally wrong. Now I ask all of you, since that is so

obvious, why then is it acceptable if we take the target and change it from Bud to an entire people. Does it change

because its targeted against all Jews or all Zionist Jews or all Israelis or all Muslims or all Palestinians?

Well?

I don't think it does.

So the next time you are shocked I attacked Bud personally which is of course wrong, think about this point when

people engage in the same exercise against Israelis, Jews, Zionists, Palestinians, Muslims.

I trust the point is made albeit I am disappointed no one lectured me on how unfair it is to name call people or attack them

simply because they have a different opinion.

Mr. Anthony horrible way for me to make a point, but I am running out of ways to make the same argument fresh.

Also without getting personal, I do believe Bud's previous forum posts make it clear what his partisan agenda is.

I believe those posts express an opinion that engages in gros generalizations about Muslims, Palestinians, Jews, Zionist

Jews, Israelis.

This sudden call to arms to me I find lacking in credibility.

If Bud were someone denouncing terror and violence by Hamas and Jihad I might take his alleged support of Palestinians

differently, To support the status quo of violence and ultimatums and unilateral forced exercises by other side is wrong-

Bud tends to see however only one side of the equation.

Not sure how else I can make the point.

If Bud were someone denouncing terror and violence by Hamas and Jihad I might take his alleged support of Palestinians

differently,

Since he has done so, repeatedly, then clearly you wouldn't. That the crimes of Palestinians (and "crimes" is the word bud has used) are not his primary focus is actually why so many people have a problem with him.

Totalitarians don't like 50% agreement with their views. They demand 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good, then any time Palestinians launch rockets into Israel, Israel can "legitimately" respond in kind against a sovereign state that has committed an act of war.

I can get behind this. But it seems that there is almost an industry built around the occupation. They don't want to end the occupation, but they want the violence to stop as well. Ah, well round and round we go.

I truly hope Palestine can get the votes needed to override the US veto. It' to their credit that they have stepped outside the morass of recriminations and violence to seek a solution. Obviously the US is politically hogtied by its Israeli ties so this is the most hopeful strategy for peace yet.

Peace over ideology, states that can relate as equals. Seems a much firmer ground from which to create safety and security for both They say a successful compromise is one that fully satisfies neither side. This is a start.

Every race of people deserves a homeland, a place of their own to call home. The Palestinians are no different.

Really? What "race" are Palestinians? They wouldn't happen to be the same race as the people living in a few dozen of the states surrounding Israel, would they? :lol: On a somewhat related note, where is the homeland reserved for the "white race"?

Since he has done so, repeatedly, then clearly you wouldn't. That the crimes of Palestinians (and "crimes" is the word bud has used) are not his primary focus is actually why so many people have a problem with him.

Totalitarians don't like 50% agreement with their views. They demand 100%.

Oh please. Bud always drops relevant context from his posts. If we weren't here, and he was posting all by his lonesome, Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terrorist organizations would never be mentioned. Bud may have may some conciliatory statements when he felt he couldn't deflect anymore, but when we examine him in his totality it is quite evident that he is not concerned at all with and chooses to ignore spilled Jewish blood.

Palestinians are not a distinct group of people. It's a fake subcategory of Arabs (who are overwhelmingly Muslim) created for the political purpose of destroying the Jewish state of Israel. Arabs/Muslims already have more states than you can shake a stick at. They don't need another, and certainly not at the expense of the only Jewish state.

Charles Anthony should have been surprised at my response but also should have known something wa sup with me.

I was making a point. A deliberate one.

Wasn't sure how else to make it.

Not sure how else I can make the point.

Good try Rue but I'm afraid you're battling faith, not reason. You made your point with crystal clear reason. Most readers in this thread will totally miss your points!

Oh well!

Palestinians are not a distinct group of people. It's a fake subcategory of Arabs (who are overwhelmingly Muslim) created for the political purpose of destroying the Jewish state of Israel. Arabs/Muslims already have more states than you can shake a stick at. They don't need another, and certainly not at the expense of the only Jewish state.

palestinian nationalism would have never been if it wasn't for the rise of zionism and for the european's shame for the treatment of jews. their fuck up ended up punishing the arabs who lived in palestine. the population of jews in palestine was 8% before the mass jewish migration. you can't just pretend people didn't live there. argentina and other countries were also considered before the migration to palestine. it's not like the jews were coming home.

ben gurion in 1937:

"The right which the Arabs in Palestine have is one due to the inhabitants of any country . . . because they live here, and not because they are Arabs . . . The Arab inhabitants of Palestine should enjoy all the rights of citizens and all political rights, not only as individuals, but as a national community, just like the Jews." (Shabtai Teveth, p. 170)

argentina and other countries were also considered before the migration to palestine. it's not like the jews were coming home.

Yes, they were coming home.

There was no David's Kingdom in Argentina. Maybe few Nazis but that's all.

Oh please. Bud always drops relevant context from his posts. If we weren't here, and he was posting all by his lonesome, Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terrorist organizations would never be mentioned. Bud may have may some conciliatory statements when he felt he couldn't deflect anymore, but when we examine him in his totality it is quite evident that he is not concerned at all with and chooses to ignore spilled Jewish blood.

Oh please. Look at the posts of those whom Bud is debating.

What you're insisting is that bud's occasional remarks about Palestinian crimes are worthless and insincere...whereas the practically zero concessions from his opponents of any Israeli wrongdoing is of no consequence.

Why the double standard?

Oh please. Look at the posts of those whom Bud is debating.

What you're insisting is that bud's occasional remarks about Palestinian crimes are worthless and insincere...whereas the practically zero concessions from his opponents of any Israeli wrongdoing is of no consequence.

Why the double standard?

What Israeli wrongdoings? You act as if Israel and "Palestine" are of equal moral fibre and share equal responsibility/guilt for the current conflict. Remember, there were also "two sides" to WWII, as well.

Sure, Israel isn't flawless, but it's a lot closer to flawlessness than "Palestine". Just look at how we conduct ourselves, and look at how they conduct themselves. It'd help if you actually knew a thing or two about both societies, of course...