We Must Do Something About AGW or We All Die!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, the subject of this doesn't belong here. I think you are just whoring for some attention by being a troll.

I have been an active member of this board since June 26, 2006. When I start or post in threads, I continue to comment. I don't just post and run, which is what trolls do.

I take Board posting as recreation but I am quite a serious debater. Please retract your accusation, now.

Ask him about his dead father. :lol:

He had a father?

Response here to avoid thread drift (link).

jbg is not a troll by any stretch.

You may not agree with him but he engages in real debate on here - trolls do not.

Thanks Michael.

jbg may or may not be a troll- I think that's a subject for debate-but this thread was not started in the spirit of good faith discussion.

I agree that the video is satire. Your statement is similar to saying that Jonathan Swift's works, including A Modest Proposal and Gulliver's Travels were not good faith works of literature. They are, indeed, classics.

A Modest Proposal satirized Britain's near-genocidal response to the Irish Potato Famine (thank you Britain for sending the U.S. and Canada some of our best feedstock as immigrants). Different parts of Gulliver's Travels satirized different aspects of then-current life. Both are hysterically funny.

Political debate does not have to be conducted with a humorless long face.

I agree that the video is satire. Your statement is similar to saying that Jonathan Swift's works, including A Modest Proposal and Gulliver's Travels were not good faith works of literature. They are, indeed, classics.

Political debate does not have to be conducted with a humorless long face.

Why does every jerkoff with a YouTube channel and WiFi fancy himself the next Swift?

Satire is a dead anyway.

jbg is not a troll by any stretch.

You may not agree with him but he engages in real debate on here - trolls do not.

Isn't it against the rules to insult people here? Because there are some people here I'd really like to insult, who really deserve to be insulted, who lack any semblance of class or manners or intelligence.

Can I? Huh? Can I?

Why does every jerkoff with a YouTube channel and WiFi fancy himself the next Swift?

Satire is a dead anyway.

For every Swift back in the day I'm sure there were a million jerks. Nowadays Carl Hiaasen (link to author's website) writes some of the best satire around. He satirizes rapacious developers and the crooked politicians they feed, primarily in Florida but it could be anywhere. Some of it reads like the "Sponsorship" scandal.

Satire is hardly dead and there's nothing wrong with posting it.

Yeah, well, it's against the law to cross the street except at the lights... technically.

Doesn't stop everyone from doing it anyway.

My older son's name is Jay. When he was about a year old I took him into New York City. I told a police office my son's name was "Jay" and asked if his walking on the sidewalk was "jaywalking". He said "technically it is but we'll make an exception". At least he had a sense of humor, if not of humour.

My older son's name is Jay. When he was about a year old I took him into New York City. I told a police office my son's name was "Jay" and asked if his walking on the sidewalk was "jaywalking". He said "technically it is but we'll make an exception". At least he had a sense of humor, if not of humour.

Good thing you didn't try it in Toronto. You'd probably still be kettled.

I have been an active member of this board since June 26, 2006. When I start or post in threads, I continue to comment. I don't just post and run, which is what trolls do.

I take Board posting as recreation but I am quite a serious debater. Please retract your accusation, now.

Please piss off, now.

I am merely speculating on one of a many possibilities as for your reason to start this thread in Canadian Federal Politics.

Oh, and I meant it satirically, of course. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Not much that I truely hold in utter cold contempt. There is ONE thing that I regard as pure evil. It is that damned thing called ENVIRONMENTALISM! All of these jerks that push this stupidity would not know nature if it smacked them in the face. They are so detatched from life and living things that it is sickening. They have no respect or understanding of a common green leaf. They are urbanites - who's whole reality is contained within the artifical. They are like a man who looks upon his wife as a plastic doll and consider stewardship the act of spraying the figure with disinfectant - and then stating they have taken care of the envorinment - NATURE is the environment - The day - they got rid of the world naturalist - and substituted it with the word environment - was the day they lost the battle to save the earth.

wow, just wow! We see less than 10 seconds of the Australian PM offering such an, apparently, extraordinary statement... where the video extract has her saying nothing more than, "and it would also see the Great Barrier Reef threatened by increasing ocean temperature and acidification".

of course, the verbal extract came from a full press conference, where PM Gilliard brought notice that the Australian government has accepted the consensus science of today concerning mankind's affect on climate change, that there is a need for putting public attention on facts, figures and science, that with the government having accepted the word of scientists and their research, given the Australian economy of the day, the government is even more determined to act... on carbon pricing. As she said in closing, "the facts are clear, the science is in... we must move to address carbon pollution by putting a price on carbon."

so... Michael... if Gilliard's full press conference had been shown rather than the actual shlock video, do you think there would have been more... even more... gnashing of teeth and wailing from the MLW usual suspects?

I think that this video was supposed to be some kind of sarcastic humour, poking fun at AGW. That's fine, and there's nothing much to be said about it.

knowing the posting history and position of the OP, it was anything but sarcasm... or "poking fun". It was simply another childish means for the OP to herd the MLW denialati into a circle-jerkapoolza of ... back-slappin, hee-hawing, simpleness. Nothing more, nothing less.

knowing the posting history and position of the OP, it was anything but sarcasm... or "poking fun". It was simply another childish means for the OP to herd the MLW denialati into a circle-jerkapoolza of ... back-slappin, hee-hawing, simpleness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, it sure was

Simpleness is generally clarity and truth.

Hey look its the first major hurricane to make landfall in 7 years during a time when global warming is causing more severe weather than ever before, damn you global warming /shakesfist.

through an assortment of past MLW climate change related threads, we've certainly had 'flavoured' discussion concerning the intensity vs. frequency aspect of hurricanes... as I recall... outside of the financial/insurance/economic impact aspects, none of the relevant technical/scientific concerns touch upon the significance of "making landfall". Do you have new insights to offer?

through an assortment of past MLW climate change related threads, we've certainly had 'flavoured' discussion concerning the intensity vs. frequency aspect of hurricanes... as I recall... outside of the financial/insurance/economic impact aspects, none of the relevant technical/scientific concerns touch upon the significance of "making landfall". Do you have new insights to offer?

Something just happened there... you pointed out the science to someone who apparently already believes in AGW. I am intrigued.