Man's best friend

Yukon Jack

If your grandmother has trauma no of course not. If she used that as her rationalization for terrorizing or torturing dogs yes of course.

More importantly your point of pulling the disabled granny card is hilarious.

If I saw your grandmother beating a dog I would bite her myself.

So the lady who was scared of your dog, you know, the one who had a bad experience with dogs when she was a kid, the one whom you insulted, said that was not an excuse. Was it because she was threatening to torture it? Or because she had brown skin and was wearing a shawl.

Come on... man up, man up

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the lady who was scared of your dog, you know, the one who had a bad experience with dogs when she was a kid, the one whom you insulted, said that was not an excuse. Was it because she was threatening to torture it? Or because she had brown skin and was wearing a shawl.

Come on... man up, man up

Because she kicked it dufus. She not only kicked it but went after it. It was nowhere near her. As for the brown skin and wearing a shawl you walked into that one.

I was deliberately making a point. You had no grandmother, You made that up. Your agenda is to confront people you think are not as righteous as you.

You think because someone disagrees with you they are racist, anti this, anti that. Read it in many of your posts.

Think about it. You know damn well her brown skin and shawl is irrelevant. So say so. You didn't. Rather than keep it a distinct issue of bigotry which you did not

you mixed it with the issue of dog abuse or animal abuse.

Here is my point now. People are mixing Muslim religion or beliefs with hating or abusing animals. If they use Islam to abuse animals its wrong just as it is to use any culture or religion to abuse animals. If any religion preaches abuse, its wrong. No we do not have to hold off and say if you come from a culture that treats animals like crap and you learned that from your culture or ethnic values or religious values, yes we can questiion it in Canada and it does not make us bigots.

No don't hide behind your age, religion, culture, to justify being an asshole.

As well generalizing an entire people as thinking the same way about animals is b.s.

Now you go back to lecturing people. Me when I do so its tongue in cheek to make a point. If you can't figure that out, I have explained it now o.k?

Save the feigned shock at reference to brown skin. It was at the pith and substance of this thread on animals.

Now since you want to get all testacle like about this issue, a real man does not abuse animals for any reason.

A real human wouldn't either.

Get this real clear and if I still don't make sense have Oleg explain it. Its wrong to abuse animals. Its wrong to make sweeping generalizations about anyone. Its bullshit to use disability, trauma, skin colour, ethnicity, religion, politics to justify negative behaviour. There is a way to criticize things in Islamic culture that may not make your politically proper standards but do not make the criticizer a racist.

Yukon Jack was not intending to slander anyone. He was attacking people of any culture who are taught animals are filthy and unGodly. I stand by what he said. Don't lecture me that to agree with what he said makes me hate Muslims. It does not but I have taught the Muslim kids on my street to play and love dogs contrary to what their Imam told them. Whether that gets me in shit or not I do not care. Their parents support me.

Edited by Rue

Great, so no harm done!

I only skimmed your generally incoherent rant but I get the gist of it.

However I re-read your first post on the matter, nowhere did you indicate she kicked it.

The other day I am standing outside a grocery store waiting for my wife. Out comes this Filippinolady, she takes one look at my dogs both on leashes with me no where near her and she starts screaming like I shoved a hot poker up her butt. She started bouncing up and down and went intothis rabies seizure like dance.

I ignored her. When she got no reaction from me and the dogs she just stopped and quietly walkedaway as if nothing happened and then turned around at a safe distance and said she was attacked by a dog and so hates them. I looked at her and said, since she is into voodoo trances and having seizures in public the dogs may have been sent by God to rid her of Satan from within her.

She scurried away.

Can't stand people of any ethnic group, race, religion. Hate them all equally. Dogs and cats and animals I like. I find all humans however

I don't know you and I don't read minds, so I can only read and respond to what you say.

Seems like you're just kidding and you have, in fact recanted on your claims to hate all people of different ethnicities, so that's fine. I'll let it go this time.

Guest American Woman

Lol you are bitter Oleg admit it. Me I make no pretense of being nice. I prefer animals to humans. By the way for any putz who thinks that is hate mongering no I am being tongfue in cheek when I say that, No I am not literally saying I hate humans but I do prefer animals to humans yes. Any day.

Reminds me of what my neighbor at my previous house once said: "the older I get, the less I like people and the more I like animals."

When I was a kid one of my best friends was a boy from Turkey. He and his family lived in a house with a nice yard, and they had a big beautiful German Shepherd dog. They named him "Duke".

They were Muslims.

Point is, not all muslims hate dogs. And not all non-muslims, or "white" people treat them with love, neither.

You just can't generalize with humans beings like this. If you try, you'll fail.

Now since you want to get all testacle like about this issue, a real man does not abuse animals for any reason.

A real human wouldn't either.

This is semantically a terrible generalization, Rue. There is no way for a human not to unintentionally abuse animals (or more correctly, other sentient creatures) in the real world. You mere existence is bound to be an assault on something.

You just can't generalize with humans beings like this. If you try, you'll fail.

Yes, you can. "Generally" means there are number of exception. It could mean "most".

There were court cases where Moslem cab drivers didn't allow a blind man's dog into the cab. Islam considers dogs unclean. And that's a fact. Not Christianity, not Buddhism, but Islam. Just like it's fact Hinduism consider cow a higher order being.

Myself I like dogs but I'm not enthusiastic about them, namely because they eat own shit. Problem is they don't eat all of it. So I sometimes step in it on pedestrian walkways at night. Cats burry it, so I keep cats. And they keep care of mice problem, and don't bite kids.

When I was a kid one of my best friends was a boy from Turkey. He and his family lived in a house with a nice yard, and they had a big beautiful German Shepherd dog. They named him "Duke".

They were Muslims.

Point is, not all muslims hate dogs. And not all non-muslims, or "white" people treat them with love, neither.

there is a sexy young persian girl in my building who has a dog. she calls herself a typical iranian muslim.

there are over a billion muslims around the world from various parts of the world and with various beliefs and outlooks. you would have to be either ignorant or have a hateful agenda to start a thread like this.

Yes, you can. "Generally" means there are number of exception. It could mean "most".

There were court cases where Moslem cab drivers didn't allow a blind man's dog into the cab. Islam considers dogs unclean. And that's a fact. Not Christianity, not Buddhism, but Islam. Just like it's fact Hinduism consider cow a higher order being.

Myself I like dogs but I'm not enthusiastic about them, namely because they eat own shit. Problem is they don't eat all of it. So I sometimes step in it on pedestrian walkways at night. Cats burry it, so I keep cats. And they keep care of mice problem, and don't bite kids.

Ok, as long as you concede that you ARE generalizing, and there are exceptions.

I think dogs are pretty gross, myself. But I don't hate them. When I was little I made friends with a German shepherd, and I slept in his dog house. He protected me. He wouldn't let people come get me when they tried.

We have a cat now. He's very smart, clean and polite.

Dogs are for Liberals

Wow! There are some very strange attitudes on display here for sure. Some very strange and wrong beliefs as well. For instance a poster claiming that dogs can't love, how very very wrong, dogs feel love that surpases anything the majority of people can feel. Or that if you die and are undiscovered for quite some time your dog will eat you. There are many cases of dogs remaining by their dead owners side and starving slowly. Have none of you heard of the Japanese fellow who's dog would walk to the subway with him every day when he went to work? When he returned each day his dog would be at the subway waiting for him. One day he suffered a heart attack at work and did not return home. His dog continued to go to the subway every Day and wait for him. The dog did this for years until finally he died at the subway waiting for his master to return. This did actually happen and there is now a permanent memorial at this subway honouring the loyalty and love of this fine animal. If only more humans could show such love, loyalty and devotion this world would be a far better place than it is.

Some seem to feel that its just a dog, so what? They obviously don't realize or understand the relationship dogs have with the success of humanity. Many scholars have postulated that mankind would not be where we are now without the help and companionship of dogs. Simply put I have trouble understanding how any culture can fail to realize and appreciate these points. Further to that I see no reason at all why I should feel compelled to respect admire or empathise with such a culture. Those of you who wish to do so go ahead and fill yer boots, just don't expect me to jump on your bandwagon simply because you self righteously expect me to.

Excellent point, AngusThermopyle!!

That is why people, whose history proves that they think - nay, convinced and dictated by their "religion" - that dogs are 'unclean', are stuck forever and hopelessly in the seventh century, while the rest of the enlightened and civilized world have traveled to the moon, created master pieces of art, music and science.

Like I said before: Give me a dog, anytime.

What a misinformed post. Over my life time I've owned quite a few dogs, never had one that would eat shit though, maybe you starve your animals so they have no choice. My smallest Cecillia (she only weighs about 65 lbs) is excellent at catching mice, rats moles etc, she's part Chocolate Lab part Pit Bull so she's very fast and extremelly smart.

We have a cat as well as our three dogs. Yes we also love our cat but old Elmo is actually very old so he's not good for much except laying around and coming to be petted once in a while. As for utility, dogs are far more usefull. How are those service cats doing, or those search and rescue cats, what about those sheep/herding cats? As for biting, I've never been bitten by a dog but I have been bitten by more than one cat.

What a misinformed post. Over my life time I've owned quite a few dogs, never had one that would eat shit though, maybe you starve your animals so they have no choice.

Sad to inform you that dogs do this. It's a well-known fact.

Coprophagia (the consumption of feces) is a behavior often observed in dogs. Hofmeister, Cumming, and Dhein (2001) wrote that this behavior in dogs has not been well-researched and prepared a study.[3] In a preliminary paper, they write that there are various hypotheses for this behavior in canines, although none have been proven:

- Dogs are, by nature, scavengers, and this might be within the range of scavenger behavior.

- Dogs might want attention from their caretakers.

- They might have anxiety or stress.

- To clean up in crowded surroundings (how considerate of these loyal animals!)

- They had been punished for having defecated in the past, and attempt to clean up out of fear of being punished again.

- They may be trying to prevent the scent from attracting predators.

- The texture and temperature of fresh feces approximates that of regurgitated food, which is how mothers in the wild provide solid food to their pups.

- Feces (particularly cat feces) contain protein; overfeeding can also increase the quantity of undigested matter in the feces.

The coprophagia may be due to assorted health problems, including:

Pancreatitis

Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency

Intestinal infections

Food allergies, leading to malabsorption

- The dogs might be hungry, such as when eating routines are changed, food is withheld, or nutrients are not properly absorbed.

- Carnivores may sometimes eat or roll in the feces of their prey to ingest and exude scents that mask their own.

Another hypothesis is that dogs want to investigate the diet of their opponents and get more acquainted with their smell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophagia#In_dogs

Maybe you should acquaint yourself with the habits of pets you have living with you.