Occupy Wall Street Sept 17 2011

We all know what happened to Russia...no thanks. Go buy a suit, even if it's a used one.

We all know what happened to America...no thanks. Go buy a pair of jeans and maybe fix some pot holes that belong in Somalia...as for the suit - I used to wear Hugo Boss...and I played a fake..which made me money.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know what happened to America...no thanks. Go buy a pair of jeans and maybe fix some pot holes that belong in Somalia...as for the suit - I used to wear Hugo Boss...and I played a fake..which made me money.

The world buys a lot more jeans than suits....thank you America. More Russians coming every day to the promised land.

The world buys a lot more jeans than suits....thank you America. More Russians coming every day to the promised land.

The Russians you have coming are not the old school ones - not the Orthodox Christians with merit and class - you have the weasils the product of a soviet style hell hole...desperate jerks who want to have class - cars - houses and status...the decendants of the peasants...the peasants who helped kill..the intelligencia - 80 years ago - these are not the cream of the crop...they are being dumped like Mexicans - good luck with the gangsters.

Ah yes ... "the promised land" ...

"promised" ... and delivered ...

to the wealthiEST 1%. :)

Who ever has the most money gets more money - It's like who ever has the biggest gun gets their way - it's pretty basic - but then again America is a basic nation of pirates - has been since the begining - all this justice and opportunity for all has come to an end.....and the promise has been broken -when they jail their most successful - then you know that success is not rewarded anymore - that there is bickering withing the high status quo. They now fight each other for that 1%...should be fun to watch as the stupid and greedy elite destroy themselves and the nation that generated their wealth - China is very amuzed at this point.

Ah yes ... "the promised land" ...

"promised" ... and delivered ...

to the wealthiEST 1%. :)

Seems to be good enough for the 25,000 Canadians coming each year right beside the Russians and Mexicans wanting their piece of the promised land. As always....312,000,000 vs. 34,000,000...and it ain't just the weather.

Seems to be good enough for the 25,000 Canadians coming each year right beside the Russians and Mexicans wanting their piece of the promised land. As always....312,000,000 vs. 34,000,000...and it ain't just the weather.

You are running out of promises and land my friend - this is 2011 - not 1983..We are the promised land - you WERE the promised land. Oh and that money that you talk about - I remember when you Americans came up here to spend billions on making motion pictures back in the 80s - I did really well - in fact I provided a lot of the energy as a lighting stand in for the pilot - West Wing - Yep I spent 18 years helping to make American propoganda..it was not the tax breaks or the low dollar that attracted American producers - we had crews that operated with military correctness - and I was one of them...Your top dogs just love our strong sense of duty...on set everyone is addressed as sir - we made your dirty towns look clean.

Canada has one of the highest per capita immigration rates in the world.

Also,

According to the Canada 2006 Census, 316,350 Canadians reported American as being their ethnicity, at least partially.[1] There are also between 900,000 and 2 million Americans living in Canada, either as full-time and part-time residents

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Canadian

And that was in 2006 before the whole recession thing. That's 3-6% of our population being residents from America. I doubt there are 9 to 18 million Canadians living in America. It's not a one way street.

Edited by CPCFTW

Canada has one of the highest per capita immigration rates in the world.

That's swell...I wonder what took so long?

And that was in 2006 before the whole recession thing. That's 3-6% of our population being residents from America. I doubt there are 9 to 18 million Canadians living in America. It's not a one way street.

No, it's not a one way street. Each year, about 2,500 Americans move to Canada (on average), but that's about 10% of the opposite traffic. But the kicker is that the USA has over 10 times the population of Canada. Can you explain the glaring difference (please don't tell me it's "the weather")?

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. If you're not, then you're not very well versed in the history of North America.

'Tis neither...just my standard response to any smug assertions that Canada has attracted more emigres then or now. People voting with their feet, including those leaving Canada in far greater numbers for the USA wins this math contest.

Saying more people emigrate to the US than Canada each year isn't even an argument. It's a statistcal fact. But that's not your argument, is it? You have an implied argument that you refuse to state explicitly, so you can back-pedal when someone calls you on it.

Wrong...there is no implied argument. This is just the usual fun and games for those Canadians here crowing about how much "America sucks", all while more of their fellow citizens emigrate to live and work in the USA (in far greater numbers than Americans going to Canada). I love to bludgeon them with the "statistical facts".

Some will say..."it's the weather". LOL!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Nice derail bc.

But my comment wasn't intended as anti-US as it's true of Canada too.

As my signature suggests.

No difference when it comes to government pandering to and being controlled by the 1%.

Then say as much...don't hide it in a small grayed out font. Don't worry....you're like all the rest. Bitching and moaning about Canada alone isn't going to attract much attention....we know why you have to spotlight the USA....from its "MSM" to its "Wall Street". That's how Canada defines itself.

That doesn't sound right. About 700,000 Americans live in Canada. At 2500/year, that'd take 280 years, and people don't live that long ;p

Immigration numbers are since 2000....not 1730. The point is that more Canadians emigrate to the USA than Americans going to Canada...and YOU are one of them. Welcome aboard!

Immigration numbers are since 2000....not 1730. The point is that more Canadians emigrate to the USA than Americans going to Canada...and YOU are one of them. Welcome aboard!

Oh I don't dispute the point, I just think your number might be quite a bit off. At the least, having 700,000 Americans in Canada implies a historical average immigration rate of 15,000-20,000 per year over the last several decades.

Oh I don't dispute the point, I just think your number might be quite a bit off. At the least, having 700,000 Americans in Canada implies a historical average immigration rate of 15,000-20,000 per year over the last several decades.

Except that Americans and Canadians identifying themselves as quasi-Americans goes back much farther in Canada. There was a peak in the late 60's and early 70's because of the Vietnam War, and a recent uptick during the last decade. Accurate numbers are hard to come by, especially for Canada! (I don't know why.)

http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/statistics.asp

Except that Americans and Canadians identifying themselves as quasi-Americans goes back much farther in Canada. There was a peak in the late 60's and early 70's because of the Vietnam War, and a recent uptick during the last decade. Accurate numbers are hard to come by, especially for Canada! (I don't know why.)

http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/statistics.asp

Forget it BC - Canada does not identify with America what so ever - look at your media and art icons that create your pop culture - they are all Canadian - It is Canada that creates your culture. The vietnam war was interesting in the fact that I shared a house with a draft dodger and his wife - interesting in the respect that he was a good guy and was not interested in waging a colonialist war on people he did not know. BUT you had to stop the spread of communism back then - contain it and plant it years later in your own nation in the form of OBAMA.

Forget it BC - Canada does not identify with America what so ever - look at your media and art icons that create your pop culture - they are all Canadian - It is Canada that creates your culture.

Canada defines itself as not-American...the identity crisis is well documented...by Canadian authors.

The vietnam war was interesting in the fact that I shared a house with a draft dodger and his wife - interesting in the respect that he was a good guy and was not interested in waging a colonialist war on people he did not know.

My brother refused to go to Canada as a draft dodger because Canada was making billions off the war and was not neutral at all. He went to Sweden instead....good move!

BUT you had to stop the spread of communism back then - contain it and plant it years later in your own nation in the form of OBAMA.

Obama is not a communist....and you just buried yours (Jack Layton).

Guest American Woman

Who cares? None of this has anything to do with Occupy Wall Street. Go talk about American/Canadian population shifts somewhere else.

It has to do with comments that have already been made in this thread. If you don't like it, go read posts somewhere else. :)