World over population and Eugenics, I not a nazi.

What do you think of these video's?

Part 1 of 5 please go to youtube for rest

I agree with the opinion that absolute population isnt the real problem. The vast majority of the humans consume very little. Almost nothing. The vast majority of the stress being put on the eco-system is coming from a tiny minority of consumers (yup... thats us).

In any case the population will stabilize near the end of this century and peak at about 10 billion. Following that it will contract by about half back to about 5 billion, as birthrates go down. The problem is when birthrates go down as a country becomes more modern the size of the family shrinks... the number of households stays the same or increases which increases per capita consumption.

In any case humans are not bright enough to do anything about this. We dont think long term very well. Its safe to assume that we will keep consuming until things start to run out, and we will have a FORCED transition/adjustment instead of a more gentle planned one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone surprised to see this leftist talk about such extremist reductions of personal freedoms? As I said, fascism has much more in common with the contemporary left (see exhibit A - CitizenX) than with the right. The left loves government control to chase ghosts such as "overpopulation".

• 3 years later...

I consider over population to be the worst problem in our time. The rest is really a side show. This planet is becoming that Star Trek episode: The Mark of Gideon.

Not at all...and the world is not defined by fictional American television programs....like The Flintstones or Star Trek.

The impact of American media on Canadian consciousness never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

People should be tested at birth. Any UNwanted things in the DNA and they are sterilized for life. We should be evolving our species instead of being held back by having to help the weak catch up to us.

One hand I think that but on the other it seems....heartless. As I have a family member who is deaf and they're a beautiful person. We just have to speak with our hands. I refuse to let that member think about cochlear implants to try and restore hearing because I say there is nothing wrong with you.

So two sides to the coin. Plus I cannot ignore the possibility that any number of us here may not have been born. Even though you all may not believe it because I hardly agree with mist of you. You make this forum what it is and enrich it through your posts.

Hey BC guess what country William Shatner is from?

Canada.

So what ? So was James Doohan. The usual "CanCon" identity neurosis does not make it a Canadian television production. Some of The Flintstones dinosaurs were also from Canada.....big deal.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

People should be tested at birth. Any UNwanted things in the DNA and they are sterilized for life. We should be evolving our species instead of being held back by having to help the weak catch up to us.

The problem is, who decides what parts of DNA/genes are "unwanted"? "Unwanted" by whom? I see the appeal of eugenics to "improve" our race, but IMO it gives government way too much control. If there's ever a eugenics project, it should be entirely voluntary.

I knew the topic title would make some eye balls to bulge out. But before you think I'm some sort of weirdo Nazi, thoughtless freak hear me out. This is a two part question that are not really related directly.

Question 1: I believe that almost every problem that the world faces is directly linked to overpopulation.

Pollution, Over consumption of natural resources, Global warming, ect.. My question is as a

global community do we have a responsibility to organize for some system of population control.

Do you have a right to have as many children as you want, an example is the Duggar Family 19

kids and counting (freaks)?

Question 2: This one might get me called heartless. I direct this question to the people that believe in

evolution. My question is do you think that helping to cure genetic diseases is detrimental to

the human race? Over time will this make us weaker as a species. I'm sure in the future that

these genetic disease problems might be solved before reproduction. I'm not an expert on

this subject, and I'm not a heartless bastard just curious.

Do you often start conversations by saying "I'm not a Nazi but....". If I did, I would start to rethink my views.

The impact to the planet of the human species (there is no "human race") can be calculated as (total number of people) x (average ecological footprint of each person). Attempting to focus on one without paying attention to the other is idiotic.

Fortunately, we have plenty of experience with how to manage population. History shows that as education improves, access to birth control improves, child mortality falls and the economic incentive to have children is lessened, people naturally have fewer children. In fact, many industrialized countries now have a birth rate less than that needed to maintain a stable population and some have started to provide incentives for women to have babies. So, if we want population to peak and decline, the way to do that is to focus on improving the situation in underdeveloped countries.

Focusing on the odd exceptional person who chooses to have an unusual number of children makes no sense. They are statistical noise.

So, that leaves us the problem of how we reduce the average ecological footprint of each person. And that, interestingly enough is exactly what environmental groups have been advocating for decades. There are plenty of ways that we could reduce the average footprint while maintaining a high quality of life but most people aren't even paying attention.

Finally, I have to say that I find the whole concept of eugenics disgusting and morally reprehensible. As technology advances, our ability to detect, avoid and correct genetic problems increases. If you can produce some actual statistics to show that the species is somehow in some kind of serious danger that would be corrected by eugenics, then show it. Otherwise, seriously. Re-examine your attitudes.

Edited by ReeferMadness

The problem is, who decides what parts of DNA/genes are "unwanted"? "Unwanted" by whom? I see the appeal of eugenics to "improve" our race, but IMO it gives government way too much control. If there's ever a eugenics project, it should be entirely voluntary.

Then that defeats the purpose of strengthening the race. Look this will never happen so it doesn't really matter.

The whole discussion is seriously creepy.

I'd like the governments of the world to get together and use eugenics to stamp out weak genes in all humans. Only the best would be permitted to breed.

In a generation or two we'd have a much better race of humans.

We would force poor countries to do it or all aid would be with held forever. Then they'd die off anyways.

Either way problem solved.

I'd like the governments of the world to get together and use eugenics to stamp out weak genes in all humans. Only the best would be permitted to breed.

In a generation or two we'd have a much better race of humans.

I'm assuming that by better race of humans, you mean a group of soul less sociopaths. That seems to be what you're aiming for.

What's the alternative? Continue to allow the garbage people breed and using up our resources? We need to cut the Earth's population by half now. By any and all means.

i agree it would be better for humans and the planet if we could cut earth's population, but not "by any and all means". Culling humans is pretty disgusting, IMO. It would be much more humane to try to limit future births. Drop trillions of condoms and birth control pills on Africa and Asia.