Whites to Attain Minority Status?

I fixed it for you.....

Yeah, cause being a visible minority in a black dominated or Arab dominated society is just so much better. We all know how well Jews are treated in Saudi Arabia :lol: Or how about being a Tutsi in a Hutu village?

Edited by Bonam

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, cause being a visible minority in a black dominated or Arab dominated society is just so much better. We all know how well Jews are treated in Saudi Arabia :lol:

Do you have personal experience?

We are talking about Canada / North America. The fact is that we have been a white-male dominated society for centuries. It is about time the white males take a seat across from other people equally and equitably.

According to the law in order to maintain a free society, special measures may be taken to create programs or employment opportunities aimed at reducing that male dominance. It you feel slighted by those programs and opportunities just chalk it up to all the advantages you have had up until now. You are no more deserving of status in society than the washer woman of colour that works for a hotel chain.

Edited by charter.rights

Of course, but now (in Canada at least) the very label(s) invented by "whites" (for employment law) and intended for others will apply to them.

Look up the sociological definition of "minority". It has little to do with population and everything to do with privilege.

Not according to fierce defenders of the ridiculous term "visible minority"....they claim it is designed for employment law metrics.

A "visible minority" is someone that is limited or hindered in social privilege because of some visible characteristic, most notably skin colour, but also gender, sexual orientation (where it's visible), religious affiliation and/or disability.

A "visible minority" is someone that is limited or hindered in social privilege because of some visible characteristic, most notably skin colour, but also gender, sexual orientation (where it's visible), religious affiliation and/or disability.

Not according to Stats Canada and the Employment Equity Act:

The Employment Equity Act defines visible minorities as 'persons, other than Aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour'.

"Whites to attain minority status"

In the wake of the Oslo atrocity, I sincerely wish this creepy and inflammatory thread would just disappear. <_<

What does this have to do with Oslo? An atrocity by a nut is an atrocity by a nut.

I don't see that definition being mutually exclusive from what I said. It's just a narrower definition for the purposes of the Employment Equity Act.

For starters, "aboriginals" are excluded by definition, so you are off from the 'git go with a broader social domain. I didn't make up the crazy ass rules on this...Canada did.

yes that's right - everyone is out to get you, but maybe it's not because you are white?

Because he's a malicious spammer. But both of you are Jew-haters.

When YOU do it to white people,YOU call it "anti-racism" and "Celebrating Diversity".

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

Don't be so dense. (another re-Lictard shows his face)

It's a stored name for an eventual banning. Lictor must have used the wrong name to log in with unless Dissenter is already banned.

White people are not subjected to genocide. They have traditionally been the instigators of genocide in Colonial states. You have confused the two.

What do you call the Olympic Massacre? September 11?

For starters, "aboriginals" are excluded by definition, so you are off from the 'git go with a broader social domain. I didn't make up the crazy ass rules on this...Canada did.

I'm not off on anything. It is exactly what I said it is: "a narrower definition for the purposes of the Employment Equity Act." Academics come up with terms for things, but that doesn't mean lawyers and politicians are going to use it in the exact same way. Their way of defining "visible minority" for the purposes of that act is much more limited than the sociological one because it's a legal definition. Do you know why aboriginals are excluded in their definition?

Because they are not a minority of Canada and hold a different relationship with us than immigrants.

I know you know the answer. :lol:

My point is that when you're studying groups in society and power relationships, aboriginals most certainly are minorities within Canadian society. However, they are not legally visible minorities, since that "special" relationship with the federal government, which is broken time and time again, would make any law like the Employment Equity Act moot in their case.

That's pretty harsh. Protesting some of Israel's hardline overreactions against Arab people does not make one a "jew hater". And it's off topic.

You and others have focused a lot of off-topic energy in figuring out who Lictor's successors are.And as far as Israel's "overreactions" do you realize that the 1949 Armistice Lines leave Israel smaller than P.E.I. and less than 16 kms' across at crucial points such as near Tel Aviv? The Arabs are not even talking about full recognition of Israel as a Jewish state within those boundaries.

You and others have focused a lot of off-topic energy in figuring out who Lictor's successors are.And as far as Israel's "overreactions" do you realize that the 1949 Armistice Lines leave Israel smaller than P.E.I. and less than 16 kms' across at crucial points such as near Tel Aviv? The Arabs are not even talking about full recognition of Israel as a Jewish state within those boundaries.

Serious question.... what gives Israel the right to more space than they originally had?

Serious question.... what gives Israel the right to more space than they originally had?

The fact that the Arabs never even recognized the 1949 Armistice Line or any other boundary as a border put all of their real estate in play.

I would be curious to know where jbg thinks the border between Israel and a Palestinian state should be.

Whatever Israel needs for defense. If the Palestinians laid down their arms and stopped insisting on a spurious right to swamp Israel with Arabs of return, perhaps the 1949 Armistice Lines plus Jerusalem and Golan would work.

The fact that the Arabs never even recognized the 1949 Armistice Line or any other boundary as a border put all of their real estate in play.

Whatever Israel needs for defense. If the Palestinians laid down their arms and stopped insisting on a spurious right to swamp Israel with Arabs of return, perhaps the 1949 Armistice Lines plus Jerusalem and Golan would work.

Interesting that the equation does not include what land would be needed for a Palestinian state to be viable.

Interesting that the equation does not include what land would be needed for a Palestinian state to be viable.

Given that there are all kinds of Arab states and historically never a Palestinian state why is that even relevant?

Given that there are all kinds of Arab states and historically never a Palestinian state why is that even relevant?

There was never a Finnish state until one came into existence. And there were other European states. Just one example.

Like it or not, there cannot be a peace without Israel AND a Palestinian state, mutually recognized and with borders that make these two states as liveable as possible.

Prey tell. What would be the status of the Palestinians if there was a peace on your terms?

Edited by CANADIEN