Fun with Flotillas Pt II

Canadians depart to board the Sea Hitler in efforts to get themselves shot by the IDF just in time for the evening news. Meanwhile, up the road, events in Syria go unnoticed by these closet anti-Semites.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/06/20/world-canadians-gaza-aid-convoy.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/06/13/f-syria-crisis.html

...as usual, not enough Juice involved up in Syria...so who the truck cares?

:)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who criticizes israel is an anti-semite.

If you insist. But, the folks who are behind and participating in this stunt definitely are. While thousands die in Syria, they get ready to help Jihadist make some propaganda films. Very brave...such conviction.

anyone who criticizes israel is an anti-semite.

Only when they willfully ignore the much worse abuses that go on in Arab states. The people that would get involved in such a flotilla are most likely that type of person.

It is far less brave to oppose a relatively open, free and non-violent society such as Israel than a monstrous country such as Syria. Does whoever this Lynn Adamson is (she's mentioned in the CBC article linked in the OP) have any idea how well women and gays fare in Gaza/

It is far less brave to oppose a relatively open, free and non-violent society such as Israel than a monstrous country such as Syria. Does whoever this Lynn Adamson is (she's mentioned in the CBC article linked in the OP) have any idea how well women and gays fare in Gaza/

She's so fuggly that I doubt she knows how women fare in Canada let alone elsewhere. Just a typical 'Israel = Evil' leftard.

:lol:

you sad, sad people.

i'm sure it's not easy for you guys to be so beautiful, but, she's so fugly comments are usually made by either 11 year olds with low self esteem or adults from the bottom of society's barrel.

u.s. and canada do not support syria's human rights violations. u.s. and canada support israel's human rights violations.

that's just one of many differences between your desperate attempt at discouraging and minimizing good deeds by people who are standing up for human rights.

you sad, sad people.

i'm sure it's not easy for you guys to be so beautiful, but, she's so fugly comments are usually made by either 11 year olds with low self esteem or adults from the bottom of society's barrel.

Cite? :lol:

u.s. and canada do not support syria's human rights violations. u.s. and canada support israel's human rights violations.

The US and Canada realize that ensuring the safety and security of your people comes first, just as Israel does.

that's just one of many differences between your desperate attempt at discouraging and minimizing good deeds by people who are standing up for human rights.

What good deeds are those? Trying to suicide on IDF soldiers so they can hand a propaganda victory to the worst abusers of human rights, the Arab terrorists?

you sad, sad people.

Says Mr Hamas.

:lol:

If this happens again, I hope Israel actually responds forcefully this time. The fact that the IDF rappelled soldiers, one by one, with paintball guns, onto a deck filled with bloodthirsty anti-Semites Shahid-wannabes, demonstrated once again how Israel plays politics with her soldiers. Only after the soldiers' safety was threatened, they had to radio back to command to request permission to use live-fire from their sidearms. It was unbelievable. Just another example of Israel conducting its policies with as much of a concern for optics in the media as for the safety of her soldiers. If Israel really valued the lives of her soldiers as highly as she should, they would never have boarded the ship until all the Jihadis were laying on their stomachs on the deck with their hands behind their backs. And if they don't comply, make them comply.

I am not optimistic, however, of Israel using the necessary force to protect herself and her soldiers. I foresee more facades where soldiers are sacrificed on the altar of politics in order to hold up a dead Jew as proof that we are threatened. There is no question, in my mind, that the IDF concerns itself with how the events with be portrayed by our enemies as much as it does with conducting its operations in the most safe and secure manner. And what happens when you try to reconcile the irreconcilable? Soldiers are hurt or killed.

it's all about to end bob, bonam and porch dog. israel's tactics are not sustainable. the systematic human rights violations by the israeli government will end just like the apartheid ended in south africa. the world can no longer sit back and watch and the momentum has been gaining against the status quo.

many of the people heading to gaza on these ships are jews, just like you. when you have holocaust survivors and their families dedicating themselves to this and saying it's wrong for israel to continue treating palestinians the way they are, you know it's going to be over. more and more artists are pulling out of performing in israel. there is an academic boycott of israel in the UK which was recently renewed. not to mention the inevitable recognition of a palestinian state which the ultra rightwing israeli government doesn't want to be a part of.

israel will have to live beside a palestinian state, whether it wants to or not. it's no longer their choice.

it's all about to end bob, bonam and porch dog. israel's tactics are not sustainable. the systematic human rights violations by the israeli government will end just like the apartheid ended in south africa.

Arab citizens already have the right to vote

the world can no longer sit back and watch and the momentum has been gaining against the status quo.

And what do you think the "world" will do...not watch?

israel will have to live beside a palestinian state, whether it wants to or not. it's no longer their choice.

So? They already live beside Jordan, Syria and Egypt. The only difference is, they are not being shelled ona regular basis by those nations. The West Bank and Gaza will have to live beside a Jewish State...one that will smack them down if they continue to act like barbarians.

Arab citizens already have the right to vote

human rights violations goes beyond being allowed to vote.

And what do you think the "world" will do...not watch?

boycotts and divestment. it's happening already. if it wasn't working, the israeli hasbara would not be cranking out the propaganda in order to stop the momentum. same thing happened in south africa and it will happen in palestine.

So? They already live beside Jordan, Syria and Egypt. The only difference is, they are not being shelled ona regular basis by those nations. The West Bank and Gaza will have to live beside a Jewish State...one that will smack them down if they continue to act like barbarians.

so, yeah, you are going off on a tangent. the palestinian authority has already accepted israel based on international law. it happened over 20 years ago.

it's going to happen dancer. a palestinian state will be formed and you're not going to like it.

two dozen ships are sailing from around the world in support of the gazans and palestinians. this is unprecedented and it goes to show where this is heading. israel has decided not to participate in and accept a palestinian state thus, isolating itself. people don't want to wait for israel to change its mind and do the right thing.

2 French ships to join Gaza flotilla - link-

NY Times, CNN to Travel Aboard Flotilla - link-

Canadians to sail in flotilla protesting Gaza blockade - link-

Alice Walker: Why I'm sailing to Gaza - link-

oh no! look who is begging for forgiveness.

Ahead of second Gaza flotilla, PM sends letter to Turkish counterpart congratulating him on third term, describing wish to 'renew cooperation, friendship that characterized relations between two peoples for so long'

link

bibi is really nervous.

Edited by bud

Guest American Woman

.....more and more artists are pulling out of performing in israel. there is an academic boycott of israel in the UK which was recently renewed.

Well then, peace must be just around the corner. I'm sure Israel is more than ready to put all legitimate concerns aside to get those artists performing in Israel again - especially when there's that UK academic boycott hanging over their heads as well.

Strange that a group purporting to be peaceful wants to bring down a blockade which, in doing so, would allow Hamas to smuggle arms into Gaza with which to attack and make war on Israel.

Their intention of course is to provoke Israel. If these people get into trouble should the Canadian gov't help them out - IMO - not a chance, if they get themselves into it, they can get themselves out of it.

Well then, peace must be just around the corner. I'm sure Israel is more than ready to put all legitimate concerns aside to get those artists performing in Israel again - especially when there's that UK academic boycott hanging over their heads as well.

you can try to belittle these artists, the academics in the UK and all those who support human rights for palestinians, but at the end, actions like this has worked before. it was the boycotts and divestment like this that eventually brought about the fall of apartheid south africa.

Guest American Woman

you can try to belittle these artists, the academics in the UK and all those who support human rights for palestinians, but at the end, actions like this has worked before. it was the boycotts and divestment like this that eventually brought about the fall of apartheid south africa.

Only one problem. You can't compare apartheid in South Africa with the Israel-Palestine conflict. Because they aren't comparable. Stopping apartheid didn't put South Africa or South Africans' lives in danger; it didn't endanger the existence of South Africa. Somehow I don't see Israel putting a performance by Bon Jovi above their legitimate concerns. Same goes for the UK academic boycott. I don't see either as having any ill effects overall on Israel - and if the Bon Jovis of the music world feel their performances are that coveted, methinks they have a really over-inflated sense of their self worth.

Only one problem. You can't compare apartheid in South Africa with the Israel-Palestine conflict. Because they aren't comparable. Stopping apartheid didn't put South Africa or South Africans' lives in danger; it didn't endanger the existence of South Africa. Somehow I don't see Israel putting a performance by Bon Jovi above their legitimate concerns. Same goes for the UK academic boycott. I don't see either as having any ill effects overall on Israel - and if the Bon Jovis of the music world feel their performances are that coveted, methinks they have a really over-inflated sense of their self worth.

Plenty of high-profile artists come to Israel. I think Bon Jovi is coming to Israel this year, also.

And yes, the attempt to create a parallel between Israel and former Apartheid in South Africa seems to be bud's new rhetorical weapon of choice. No need to take it too seriously.

Despite the incoming catastrophe that bud is warning us of, Israel is doing quite well according to most barometers, despite some of Israel's ridiculous domestic policies (mostly unrelated to the Arabs).

...you can try to belittle these artists, the academics in the UK and all those who support human rights for palestinians, but at the end, actions like this has worked before....

Gosh...I hope so, because suicide bombings and rocket attacks haven't worked out so well. Maybe the Palestinians can actually try that which has worked before. Just sayin'....

Guest American Woman

Plenty of high-profile artists come to Israel. I think Bon Jovi is coming to Israel this year, also.

I know a lot of artists do perform there. From what I've read, Bon Jovi cancelled. I'm sure Israel will go on as always just the same.

And yes, the attempt to create a parallel between Israel and former Apartheid in South Africa seems to be bud's new rhetorical weapon of choice. No need to take it too seriously.

Oh, it's not. It's ludicrous at best.

Despite the incoming catastrophe that bud is warning us of, Israel is doing quite well according to most barometers, despite some of Israel's ridiculous domestic policies (mostly unrelated to the Arabs).

Israel will do just fine without Bon Jovi et al. Regarding the UK academic boycott, some of the leaders of that union don't believe the majority of the members would even be in support of the boycott. This is the third year such a boycott has been voted in and artists have been cancelling a performance here and there for awhile now and I don't see any changes in Israel's policies as a result - and I won't hold my breath waiting for anything different in response.

Only one problem. You can't compare apartheid in South Africa with the Israel-Palestine conflict. Because they aren't comparable.

i can and i will. they are very much comparable.

Stopping apartheid didn't put South Africa or South Africans' lives in danger; it didn't endanger the existence of South Africa.

a palestinian state will not endanger the existence of israel. it will do the opposite. no one buys that excuse anymore.

Somehow I don't see Israel putting a performance by Bon Jovi above their legitimate concerns. Same goes for the UK academic boycott. I don't see either as having any ill effects overall on Israel - and if the Bon Jovis of the music world feel their performances are that coveted, methinks they have a really over-inflated sense of their self worth.

you miss the point. this is not about an individual. this is a collective effort from these artists and their fans from around the world to bring attention and to show that they can't support a state that has been violating a group of people's rights for decades.