"SOVEREIGNTY WILL BE DONE IN QUEBEC!"

Media need not worry. The politcal scene wouldn't be dull by the looks of it. One story after another....and we haven't even started Parliament yet.

First there was Mulcair and his Bin Laden photo comment. Next was the Vegas lady MP.

And now....heeeere's young Pierre, the 19 year-old!

Bloc fades out, but new NDPer says Quebec will get sovereignty

By Charles Adler ,QMI Agency

First posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 2:00:00 EDT AM

His name is Pierre Luc Dusseault. He is a newly elected NDP member of Parliament from Quebec. And he is only 19, and still without NDP training.

So he is to be forgiven, I suppose, by the mainstream media for letting the cat out of the bag.

The NDP in Quebec is not a federalist opposition. Voting for the NDP was not a vote for federalism.

The NDP respects sovereignty, said the MP, and sovereignty will be done, he said.

Now NDP spinners in Ottawa will say that Adler and other right-wingers are taking him out of context. Umm no. I am taking him at his word.

He was interviewed by John Oakley on AM 640 — Corus Toronto on Thursday, within days of the “Orange Surge” election.

The politically correct interpretation of the Orange Surge was that it was about many things. But most important to Canada, we were told it was about a rejection of separatism in Quebec.

Not according to the 19-year-old, as-yet untrained and therefore still spontaneously and mercifully candid teenager, Pierre Luc Dusseault.

“Sovereignty will be done in Quebec,” he said, “and we will respect sovereignty in the NDP.”

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/05/05/adler-separatism-lives-on

Looks like Layton is set up for major migraine. If I'd seen Harper's hair turn gray fast in 5 years....boy, I'm predicting a completely bald Layton in 4 years time! :lol:

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Media need not worry. The politcal scene wouldn't be dull by the looks of it. One story after another....and we haven't even started Parliament yet.

First there was Mulcair and his Bin Laden photo comment. Next was the Vegas lady MP.

And now....heeeere's young Pierre, the 19 year-old!

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/05/05/adler-separatism-lives-on

Looks like Layton is set up for major migraine. If I'd seen Harper's hair turn gray fast in 5 years....boy, I'm predicting a completely bald Layton in 4 years time! :lol:

So....these are what the hand picked candidates, that went through thorough vetting processes, end up doing to the NDP. This is a future NDP leader that is speaking.

Edited by pegasus

Funny you should comment on harper's hair turning gray. I think that he may be wearing a wig. During the election, I noticed at times at the back had dark line at the bottom while the rest was gray and the front part didn't show a hair line. Most men at age 50 and being from the British Isles usally are partial bald. The only thing Jack has to worry about is the stress level he is now under and that the cancer doesn't come back because of it.

So....these are what the hand picked candidates, that went through thorough vetting processes, end up doing to the NDP. This is a future NDP leader that is speaking.

This comment from young Pierre makes me wonder if he misunderstood what NDP's supposed to be about....or was he told differently.....I mean to come outright to say that with confidence, he must believe what he said.

Edited by betsy

Funny you should comment on harper's hair turning gray. I think that he may be wearing a wig. During the election, I noticed at times at the back had dark line at the bottom while the rest was gray and the front part didn't show a hair line. Most men at age 50 and being from the British Isles usally are partial bald. The only thing Jack has to worry about is the stress level he is now under and that the cancer doesn't come back because of it.

Yeah, it is no laughing matter the amount of stress Layton will be on (and hopefully it doesn't take such a toll on him). Having said that, "not expecting to win" is a poor excuse for what's starting to look like a sloppily done vetting process. Somebody didn't do their homework and Layton is the one who will have to carry that burden.

Edited by betsy

This comment from young Pierre makes me wonder if he misunderstood what NDP's supposed to be about....or was he told differently.....I mean to come outright to say that with confidence, he must believe what he said.

He must...and it must have been very difficult for him to hold back his true feelings during the vetting process leading to his candidacy. I'm surprised the NDP wouldn't know about his political ideologies, and that this young man didn't understand the policies of the NDP. For him to come right out and say something like this directly goes against the policies of his own party.

Being 19, there is a strong possibility that this young man may be a future leader of the NDP. Hopefully he won't last that long, because if he does, we may have to refer to the NDP as the NBQ.

Out of the mouths of babes, it's usually a yawn. No different here.

But let's take a trip down memory lane shall we?

Bloc Québécois

Origins

The Bloc Québécois was started in 1990 as an informal coalition of Progressive Conservative and Liberal Members of Parliament from Quebec, who left their original parties around the time of the defeat of the Meech Lake Accord. The party was initially intended to be temporary and was given the goal of the promotion of sovereignty at the federal level.

The initial coalition that led to the Bloc was headed by Lucien Bouchard, who had been federal Minister of the Environment in the Progressive Conservative government of Prime Minister Brian Mulroney.

In other words, if this pup has anything to say, it likely doesn't carry near the weight of that old conservative stalwart, Lucien Bouchard:

Bouchard worked with the "Yes" side during the 1980 Quebec referendum on sovereignty. In 1984 Brian Mulroney, Bouchard's close friend from his law school days at Université Laval, became Canadian Prime Minister. Mulroney would go on to ask Bouchard to serve in various official capacities, including (in 1985) as Canadian ambassador to France.[5] Bouchard joined Mulroney's Progressive Conservative government in 1988 as Secretary of State and later Minister of the Environment, serving until 1990.

Je me souviens. Indeed.

Maybe the BQ has found a winning strategy. By figuring that breaking off and forming their own party not to work out so well, after 20 years, infiltrating an existing party, may be a better option. Why was this young man a member of the NDP to begin with? His ideologies more closely resemble those of the BQ.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but anything coming from a frothing at the mouth, Rush Limbaugh wannabe cannot be taken seriously.

Hey Rick, check the date on that reporting....so far I've not seen any denial yet coming from the NDP or young Pierre.

Frothing at the mouth is one thing.....actually getting it published in a newspaper is another!

I wonder how many newspapers are willing to place their credibility on the line (or getting sued for that matter)?

I don't judge an article or commentary by the style of delivery - besides the greater challenge is in knowing the difference on what can be taken seriously or not.

Thanks but no thanks. I get more than my fill of that station's line up of right wing blow hards on days where I am stuck in traffic and bored with the sports station down the dial's talk show.

The only thing worth listening to on 640 was the Leafs games and they'll be gone to another station soon too.

Thanks but no thanks. I get more than my fill of that station's line up of right wing blow hards on days where I am stuck in traffic and bored with the sports station down the dial's talk show.

The only thing worth listening to on 640 was the Leafs games and they'll be gone to another station soon too.

Right wing or no...I actually heard the words come out of the mouth of babes. If I didn't hear it, I would be the first to say the article is BS. But it is said.

Edited by pegasus

Sovereignty will be done in Quebec. It certainly wont be done in NS or in BC. If Quebec separates the fight will be in Quebec. Isn't the problem that Quebec keeps talking about? That they are a group of peoples who want to have a conversation but are always told how it is from Ottawa?

I donate money to this party on a monthly basis. If Jack doesn't get his caucus under control in 6 months, I'll be pulling that rug out.

Start pulling baby cos' Jack is so ambitious that being a traitor is not out of his realm as we now see...Imagine allowing a bunch of kids to be elected for the soul purpose of stacking the deck for personal political gain and putting all Canadian sovereignty in jeopordy? What a user this Jack guy is. Maybe the flaky coctail wait PERSON....can assist the sepatists in their cause - after all she has taken in effect a bribe of well over 200 grand in parlimentary wages.