Ontario Fall election

In my view , the only way out for voters in Ontario is a minority government. Why? Well, the liberals did themselves in with the health tax and the HST, the Tories have leftovers of the Harris govt., don't trust them and most don't want/like the NDP. Now the question is which one? When the elections gets closer and we see all their platforms, voters will decide. One thing one has to remember, Ottawa has a majority and the health care issue is coming up and to change it Harper has to have the Premiers agree to it. IF the all the provincially elections happen to go Tory, you have see a new health care system. Harper wants the provinces to fund their own and probably bring in full private care. This will cause the upper class to have better health care then the lower half. Something to think about.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UH OH!!!!!

Dalton going to get pwnt! LOL11!!!!11

Tim Hudak’s Progressive Conservatives are heading to a majority government in the Ontario election on Oct.6, a new poll by Forum Research suggests.

The poll of 3,198 people, a large sample size, suggests that 41% of Ontario voters will vote for the PCs, 26% support the reigning Liberal Party, 22% want the NDP to win, and 8% back the Green Party.

The poll found the Tories and Liberals neck-in-neck in Toronto, whereas in Eastern Ontario 50% support the Tories compared to just 25% for the Liberals in that region.

Edited by Boges

Are those the same people in Ontario that voted for Harper, like around the horseshoe-Toronto area.

Outside Toronto, parts of Ottawa and maybe Windsor I don't see anywhere right now where Daddy Dalton is popular.

The Golden Horseshoe outside of Toronto has about as many people at Toronto.

The same people who got Harper his majority in Ontario are running this campaign. They took control of the ethnic vote in the surrounding areas of Toronto.

... that you are still full of shit. And you know it. You got caught with your little bigoted bullshit head games and you are trying to split hairs to try and weasle out of it. Nuh-uh.

Why not admit you are an ordinary fallible little bigot and quit putting yourself and Mr. Canada on a pedestal?

:lol::lol::lol:

The only thing I will admit to is that you are a foul-mouthed partisan who sees people only in terms of their race. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

You have all the objectivity of a David Duke! If you think you're the cure for racism, then you're worse than the disease! You conceal your bigotry under the guise of being a native champion. Well, bigotry is bigotry, no matter what the race of the bigot in question!

It's a waste of time talking to you. Just because you stick a few feathers on the pillow case you wear over your head doesn't change your biased premises.

In my view , the only way out for voters in Ontario is a minority government. Why? Well, the liberals did themselves in with the health tax and the HST, the Tories have leftovers of the Harris govt., don't trust them and most don't want/like the NDP. Now the question is which one? When the elections gets closer and we see all their platforms, voters will decide. One thing one has to remember, Ottawa has a majority and the health care issue is coming up and to change it Harper has to have the Premiers agree to it. IF the all the provincially elections happen to go Tory, you have see a new health care system. Harper wants the provinces to fund their own and probably bring in full private care. This will cause the upper class to have better health care then the lower half. Something to think about.

The chances of a minority government in Ontario is very slim because there is no Quebec in Ontario to screw things up.

It's a waste of time talking to you. Just because you stick a few feathers on the pillow case you wear over your head doesn't change your biased premises.

Good gawd, you are much further along than I imagined. Eh, it was only a matter of time I guess. :lol::lol:

And, of course, you are that much more full of shit, commensurate with the high degree of development with your full-of-shit bigotry. :lol:

Edited by Shwa

I don't think there is anything wrong with the topic. Moderators just need to real in the personal attacks.

Yeah you can't lock a thread about the Ontario election.

But Caledonia is one of several reasons why Daddy Dalton is a horrible excuse for a premier.

I would be on board with the conservative budget if it actually saved us money. The problem is that there is no way they can make these cuts and we'll be in debt as a result.

I just don't get how people are still dumb enough to keep falling for this same politrick of cutting taxes.

It never works out.

Edited by mentalfloss

I would be on board with the conservative budget if it actually saved us money. The problem is that there is no way they can make these cuts and we'll be in debt as a result.

I just don't get how people are still dumb enough to keep falling for this same politrick of cutting taxes.

It never works out.

Well several public union contracts are up for renewal after the election. We'll probably see a re-hash of what happened when Harris tried to cut spending. I think there's an appetite for Harris-style austerity.

No one has ever told me, other than perhaps Walkerton (and there's a debate if it was really his fault) what the Harris government did that was so horrible.

LOL quoting Wiki on a messageboard.

LOL, quoting Wiki on a messageboard because a poster indicated they didn't have a single clue.

In his 8 year term was Ontario brought to it's knees? Were people dying in the streets? Was unemployment high? Were we hopelessly in debt?

Pretty much. Do a little research next time though.

LOL, quoting Wiki on a messageboard because a poster indicated they didn't have a single clue.

Pretty much. Do a little research next time though.

It's not that I don't have a clue. I wasn't politically engaged then, I was in high school much of the time Harris governed and I don't remember my education being horrible.

That's like calling me an idiot because I wasn't politically engaged during Iran Contra.

So give me some examples. Also what was different from what Harris did and what Paul Martin did on the Federal side during the exact same time?

It's not that I don't have a clue. I wasn't politically engaged then, I was in high school much of the time Harris governed and I don't remember my education being horrible.

That's like calling me an idiot because I wasn't politically engaged during Iran Contra.

So give me some examples. Also what was different from what Harris did and what Paul Martin did on the Federal side during the exact same time?

Here is an exercise that they likely didn't teach you in high school at that time, probably because of Harris' government education cutbacks, but we might not ever know.

Read the Wiki article and, if you feel somewhat lessened by having to stoop to Wiki, then read some of the referenced links. Then, taking some of the policies of the time period as cited in the article (or references), some of the events like Walkerton and Ipperwash, etc., think about them. Ask yourself, could some people construe these as good policies or events? Could others construe them as bad policies and events? Why?

Ponder these questions honestly and you will gain insight into what people call 'critical thinking.' Then, when you have achieved a measure of critical thinking you won't need to be told about something you can easily look up on this Internet thingy.

One of the side effects of critical thinking and "politcally engaged" is that you will come to realize that policies and events are rarely in-of-themselves and have prior contributing factors and consequences afterward. Thus being "politically engaged" will come to signify something more than a perspective limited to mere 'current events.'

Here is an exercise that they likely didn't teach you in high school at that time, probably because of Harris' government education cutbacks, but we might not ever know.

Read the Wiki article and, if you feel somewhat lessened by having to stoop to Wiki, then read some of the referenced links. Then, taking some of the policies of the time period as cited in the article (or references), some of the events like Walkerton and Ipperwash, etc., think about them. Ask yourself, could some people construe these as good policies or events? Could others construe them as bad policies and events? Why?

Ponder these questions honestly and you will gain insight into what people call 'critical thinking.' Then, when you have achieved a measure of critical thinking you won't need to be told about something you can easily look up on this Internet thingy.

One of the side effects of critical thinking and "politcally engaged" is that you will come to realize that policies and events are rarely in-of-themselves and have prior contributing factors and consequences afterward. Thus being "politically engaged" will come to signify something more than a perspective limited to mere 'current events.'

I think those are subjective based on your political perspective. I think cost cutting and reining in public spending is essential. Workfare isn't offensive to me.

BTW you didn't answer my question. What's the difference between the Common Sense Revolution and what Paul Martin did.