Layton's Finest Moment

Wow. He pulled her arm down to get his face on tv.

Or maybe to see the tv.

Garbage. (and I think John's an idiot).

Layton was not exactly a genius on that occasion. But I put this in the same category as the whinning by some a few months back that Harper was about to have a cameo in a TV series (as a cop who doesn't recognize PM Laurier on the street :lol: ). Let's be srious and get to the real issues, shall we?

Guest peterb

Velvet Touch – A Community Clinic – Who Knew???

Olivia Chow was quick to release a written statement, that husband Jack Layton indeed did attend a “registered massage clinic” and she was well aware of it and he “needed a massage” late in the evening.

Jack Layton, later at a rally in Burnaby, was quick to point out and clarify Olivia’s comment, that in fact it was a “community clinic” (Velvet Touch) where he obtained his services. In trying to protect his political career, and in tune with the NDP philosophy, he felt it very important to stress it was a “community clinic” not to be confused with a private clinic. It was essential in the middle of this election, to inform Canadians, in order to solicit their support, he wouldn’t be caught dead at a private clinic, where illegal, underage, Asian sex workers, would be employed by rip off artists, in the Canadian health care field – it would have to be a community clinic he patronizes – there should be no confusion. A good leader leads by example.

I wonder if Canadians becoming more aware of the fine details of the NDP health care platform and of Layton’s expansion of health care services to include these “community clinics”, help explain the surge in support for the NDP in this current election. Does anybody in the main street media have a better explanation for the NDP surge and why are they reluctant to discuss this NDP expansion of Canada’s health services?

Why and how could the Toronto city police confuse a community clinic with a bawdy house?

Velvet Touch – A Community Clinic – Who Knew???

Olivia Chow was quick to release a written statement, that husband Jack Layton indeed did attend a “registered massage clinic” and she was well aware of it and he “needed a massage” late in the evening.

Jack Layton, later at a rally in Burnaby, was quick to point out and clarify Olivia’s comment, that in fact it was a “community clinic” (Velvet Touch) where he obtained his services. In trying to protect his political career, and in tune with the NDP philosophy, he felt it very important to stress it was a “community clinic” not to be confused with a private clinic. It was essential in the middle of this election, to inform Canadians, in order to solicit their support, he wouldn’t be caught dead at a private clinic, where illegal, underage, Asian sex workers, would be employed by rip off artists, in the Canadian health care field – it would have to be a community clinic he patronizes – there should be no confusion. A good leader leads by example.

I wonder if Canadians becoming more aware of the fine details of the NDP health care platform and of Layton’s expansion of health care services to include these “community clinics”, help explain the surge in support for the NDP in this current election. Does anybody in the main street media have a better explanation for the NDP surge and why are they reluctant to discuss this NDP expansion of Canada’s health services?

Why and how could the Toronto city police confuse a community clinic with a bawdy house?

It's really hard to compose new posts. Better to cut-and-paste your own remarks.

Oh, what a real issue this is.... :rolleyes:

It sort of is. It's a glimpse into the used car salesman known as Jack "John" Layton. He's not against even pushing down a womans arm if it means he'll get a little more media exposure.

He's not against even pushing down a womans arm if it means he'll get a little more media exposure.

As opposed to Mr. Harper who is not against shutting down Parliament to avoid media exposure.

I agree. Stop attacking Layton personally and go back to focusing on his economics.

Oh seriously. His personality is all he's got. His economics are pathetic and someone like you, who professes to be a fiscal conservative, defending him is pretty laughable. Layton's numbers aren't just questionable, they're outright lies and as far as I know there isn't a reputable economist out there supporting him or his 'policies'.

Oh seriously. His personality is all he's got. His economics are pathetic and someone like you, who professes to be a fiscal conservative, defending him is pretty laughable. Layton's numbers aren't just questionable, they're outright lies and as far as I know there isn't a reputable economist out there supporting him or his 'policies'.

Then why wasting time on irrelevant unimportant trivial issues? The NDP's economic policies are not bad enough to be the target? :P

My God I cant believe he did something so terrible! Only a used car salesman would do something like that!

Please. Anybody who has been in a similar situation would understand that if you see a glimpse of yourself on tv or jumbo vision, you'd move somebodies arm out of the way to see it. If you wouldn't, I'm sure you could understand somebody having the desire.

Smallc is voting in protest. In our riding the tory candidate will win with over 50%, so I could care less how he votes, ill just cancel him out. I don't know how hed vote in a more competitive riding and its none of my business.

Look over the posts, if there's someone to be mad at, get pissed off at mr. Canada because its fools like him make the tories look bad.

I'd say he's the type of voter parties have to market to, a swing voter. Layton won the pr war, a lesson the tories will learn from.

My God I cant believe he did something so terrible! Only a used car salesman would do something like that!

Please. Anybody who has been in a similar situation would understand that if you see a glimpse of yourself on tv or jumbo vision, you'd move somebodies arm out of the way to see it. If you wouldn't, I'm sure you could understand somebody having the desire.

Good point Turn a camera towards a crowd and most anyone who sees it will do anything to be noticed. Not that bright, but a reflection on a person's overall character or fitness for public office? Pleeeeeeaaaase.

Yes but if you watched the full game you will notice that Layton made sure he bullied everyone who wanted to be on the front away with force to ensure he got his 15 seconds of fame on TV.

An elected official who already gets enough face time to act so childishly goes to show he's a big hypocrite who is anything but a guy who you want to have a beer with.

That ticks me off... Hypocrite.