Libby Davis - Deputy Prime Minister of Canada

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockwell Day is not an idiot and never was. He was a great Alberta cabinet minister, a disaster as a leader and at least a journeyman federal cabinet minister. Martin was a genius as finance minister and a joke as a leader. I don't know enough about Toews to comment.

But your lady is way, way, way out there.

Stockwell "the world is 6,000yrs old" Day...Vic "put 10 year olds in Prison" Toews...Rob "Nelson Mandella is a terrorist" Anders...Rona "airhead" Ambrose...Bev "not" Oda....Max "I forgot my top secret NATO documents at my gangsta girlfriends love pad" Bernier...ya real impressive bunch...

Stockwell "the world is 6,000yrs old" Day...Vic "put 10 year olds in Prison" Toews...Rob "Nelson Mandella is a terrorist" Anders...Rona "airhead" Ambrose...Bev "not" Oda....Max "I forgot my top secret NATO documents at my gangsta girlfriends love pad" Bernier...ya real impressive bunch...

Pots and kettles. It gets boring saying "your guys are just as bad as mine or worse" again and again. We got our dingbats but every one of your guys and gals are just saints and saintettes. I know. I'm not worthy. Feel better now?

Pots and kettles. It gets boring saying "your guys are just as bad as mine or worse" again and again. We got our dingbats but every one of your guys and gals are just saints and saintettes. I know. I'm not worthy. Feel better now?

excuse me? who started this thread? one of your's that's right a conservative...scotty...

Guest peterb

Coalition government is a "disoriented government"

Now that Duceppe has enlisted the help of Jacques Parizeau, former head of the PQ in Quebec, and has become involved in this election campaign, obviously he smells blood, Canadians must be reminded of his enlightening previous comments, in regards to a coalition in Ottawa.

“A weaker govt in Ottawa is eminently satisfying. The image must be one of a weak, disoriented govt which will become weaker and more disoriented in the future. This is perfect”

My party? Really? My party? I've voted Conservative twice. I don't need to take lessons from you. Both believe the earth is 6000 years old. Other members among the Conservative government (such as the Minister of State for science and Technology) don't believe in evolution. Those things qualify you for nutjob hood just as well as being a truther (which is nutty).

Jonathan Wells found many problems with the "theory" of evolution. He's quite a bit more intelligent than you. Too bad you don't have the ability to think beyond what you hear on the CBC. Anyone who has seriously studied evolution knows it is full of holes. You're a typical nutjob, smallc, not to mention clueless.

I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but there is a large and growing body of evidence to support the notion that Libby Davies is actually Mike Duffy in drag.

Has anybody ever seen both of them in the same place at the same time? They look very similar.

Duffy is prettier and smarter. They both like the chicks tho... :)

(In any case, my original point was not that Day should be kicked out of cabinet but that Davies is no more of a threat than he is.)

Davis represents a strong segment of the NDP which is about to get stronger with the inflow of a lot of very left of centre Quebec MPs.

excuse me? who started this thread? one of your's that's right a conservative...scotty...

Nothing wrong with this thread. It's pointing out what kind of flakes are not only in the NDP, but very influential within the party. Stockwell Day believing the world was 6,000 years old has no influence on my life. Libby Davis wanting to make human rights commissions stronger, with much more sweeping powers, very well might. Hers is the kind of thinking we've seen in certain European countries which criminalize public and even private statements which offend certain protected groups. These people don't have any respect whatever for freedom of speech and have a broad sense of entitlement to pass any law to stop people or organizations from doing anything they consider to be immoral, unfair, unjust, offensive, or just not in the interests of entitled groups.

Edited by Scotty

:angry:

Nothing wrong with this thread. It's pointing out what kind of flakes are not only in the NDP, but very influential within the party. Stockwell Day believing the world was 6,000 years old has no influence on my life. Libby Davis wanting to make human rights commissions stronger, with much more sweeping powers, very well might.

What about Harper's wanting to create an Office of Religion in government..

Or the Conservatives wanting to spy on you and all Canadians electronically without warrants or legal process...

That doesn't scare you in the slightest?

And if you answer no to either..you sir are either a hypocrite or a liar.

My party? Really? My party? I've voted Conservative twice. I don't need to take lessons from you. Both believe the earth is 6000 years old. Other members among the Conservative government (such as the Minister of State for science and Technology) don't believe in evolution. Those things qualify you for nutjob hood just as well as being a truther (which is nutty).

Well, if the religious beliefs of politicians mean their other talents must be dismissed and discarded, we'll have to knock poor Tommy Douglas off his pedestal of respect. After all, Mr Douglas was a fire n' brimstone Baptist preacher by profession and undoubtedly believed wholeheartedly in creation and could not possibly have given any credence to evolution. It is too bad we have to pass by his record of achievement because he was devoted the notion of The Big Man In The Sky.

Same thing for staunch, churchgoing and Godbothering Catholics Chretien and Martin. Their records of public service mean nothing compared to what they did for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings.

:angry: What about Harper's wanting to create an Office of Religion in government..

Your fantasies don't scare me at all.

Or the Conservatives wanting to spy on you and all Canadians electronically without warrants or legal process...

Electronic eavesdropping is ever present. Just ask Apple.

That doesn't scare you in the slightest?

And if you answer no to either..you sir are either a hypocrite or a liar.

Why should I be scared given I'm not breaking any laws? On the other hand, who knows what laws an NDP type government would put in place. As I said, there are laws in Europe which can lead to your arrest if you insult or offend a minority, even in private conversation. Add in the affirmative action quotas for all business that the NDP is so fond of, their anti-business agenda, their penchant for big social programs regardless of cost (hello Canada-wide daycare at $20 billion a year), and the resulting huge tax increases and I have a lot more to fear from the Left than the Right.

Edited by Scotty

Well, if the religious beliefs of politicians mean their other talents must be dismissed and discarded, we'll have to knock poor Tommy Douglas off his pedestal of respect.

I'm not a New Democrat. I don't really care what you do with him.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the NDP is not going to win, and not going to form the government, but let's have a little fun with this. It strikes me that one of the reasons the silly types are willing to consider the NDP as a serious party is because nobody has previously considered them a serious party, and so nobody pays a lot of attention to some of the goofball beliefs they have.

Libby Davis, as an example, Deputy Leader of the NDP.

Libby is a fruitloop who introduced a private members bill to amend the Canadian Human Rights act to prohibit discrimination on the basis of social condition. That's right, some banker refusing to lend a bum a million dollars could get taken to court because he's discriminating against the poor! :P

Davis has also stated that Israel has been occupied territory since 1948. In other words, that the state of Israel is not a legitimate state, thus requiring Layton to apologize to the Israelis. Davis also introduced a petition in the house for an investigation into the World Trade Center attacks. That's right, Libby Davis is a 'truther' who thinks the WTC buildings were brought down by the CIA.

Yes it's all true. Davis keeps getting elected. Why I have no idea. She certainly doesn't help the bums in our community. Only way to help them is to shoot them in the head and get them out of here once and for all. Why not actually support the working poor for a change Libby? Instead of the junkie scum who filth up this lovely city???

And why hasn't Layton gotten rid of her? Because he can't. She has too much support in the party.

Which ought to tell you something about that party...

Yes it's all true. Davies keeps getting elected. Why I have no idea. She certainly doesn't help the bums in our community. Only way to help them is to shoot them in the head and get them out of here once and for all. Why not actually support the working poor for a change Libby? Instead of the junkie scum who filth up this lovely city???

Edited by Blacbraun

Wow anyone who can cause the conservatives so much grief has got to be like some kind of freekin super woman!

Is there some kind of kriptonite that may stop this powerhouse wreaking havoc on the conservatives?

If I had super woman in my caucus I would put her in charge of conservative bashing,not get rid of her as some conservatives hear have suggested!

Man you guys are out to lunch!

WWWTT

You're right. He's a nutjob.

One of the best ministers canada has had in a long time, I know people that worked for him and these people were liberal and they loved working for the guy, treated everybody with respect and he work hard and long.

One of the best ministers canada has had in a long time, I know people that worked for him and these people were liberal and they loved working for the guy, treated everybody with respect and he work hard and long.

He's still a nut job. Don't worry, I have the same kinds of nut jobs populating much of my extended family, so I don't say that with any prejudice.

He's still a nut job. Don't worry, I have the same kinds of nut jobs populating much of my extended family, so I don't say that with any prejudice.

Would you dare to call a Sikh or a Muslim a nut job because they believed in creationism?