NDP the only party capable of forming a majority

This is the definition you were referring to, RNG (from dictionary.com)?:

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

As I said, that could describe right-wing ideas but only if you assume that maximum individual freedom is provided by the free market.

Edited by Evening Star

It would be absolutely insane if Layton won a majority next election. It's completely inconceivable right now. In fact, unlike the rest of the NDP supporters here, I don't think the additional support is going to amount to much on election night. Some more seats, sure. I don't think he's storming through the Maritimes, as some suggested, and I don't think he's going to take all that many in Quebec. We'll see how many people vote this time around and what happens May 2. If nothing else, this sure has been an exciting campaign.

We got 9 days left and Leger is saying he is at 40% in Montreal compared to the Liberals 13%. Storming or not that is a shift.

We got 9 days left and Leger is saying he is at 40% in Montreal compared to the Liberals 13%. Storming or not that is a shift.

Make no mistake, I'm excited. I really do hope it translates, but I'm also realistic. Do you honestly think Justin Trudeau will lose his seat? I would be shocked. It's this reality that makes me question the polling numbers. People need to actually vote for their NDP candidates. Decided voters only make up about 50% of the people polled. That other 50% is a big wild card. However, I'm hoping that all this hype for Layton and the NDP translates into the undecided going, "you know what... maybe it is time for this kind of change."

Make no mistake, I'm excited. I really do hope it translates, but I'm also realistic. Do you honestly think Justin Trudeau will lose his seat? I would be shocked. It's this reality that makes me question the polling numbers. People need to actually vote for their NDP candidates. Decided voters only make up about 50% of the people polled. That other 50% is a big wild card. However, I'm hoping that all this hype for Layton and the NDP translates into the undecided going, "you know what... maybe it is time for this kind of change."

We will find out tomorrow their is a rally in a huge theater. This is what I love about this campaign they are testing their numbers all the time. If the numbers are wrong and no one shows up the NDP comes falling down, but they know their numbers are there.

As for Trudeau I always think he is going to lose his seat. He isn't a very good MP.

Edited by punked

I know of at least 25 votes myself who have said they're ready to give the NDP a shot now after watching their lifestyles diminish greatly under Harper's watch.

Jack cares about the working man unlike Harper who has done nothing to help keep jobs here in Canada.

Look no further than his complete capitulation to the U.S. on the soft wood lumber issue.

Harper is in full blown panic mode - imagine having to go all the way up to Vancourer Island North today to try and save Duncan's seat. I wonder if Harper is bringing his buddy Carson with him - I hear Carson & Duncan are good buddies. All this when Harper should be working Ontario. The Conservatives must be in deep do do in BC.

Edited by Harry

Layton has a chance for the brass ring.

Layton hails 'winds of change' in Quebec

Under attack from rivals, NDP leader says he's 'ready to be' PM

NDP Leader Jack Layton hailed the "winds of change" sweeping across Quebec, as polls suggest his party's support is climbing in the province.

"My friends something's going on in Quebec. There's the winds of change that you can feel along the St. Lawrence River," Layton told an enthusiastic crowd of about 1,200 people at a rally in Laurier-Sainte-Marie, currently held by Bloc Québecois Leader Gilles Duceppe.

Speaking in front of a backdrop of a giant orange fleur-de-lis, Layton pledged to bring a "breath of fresh air" to Canadian politics and that change is necessary "because things are broken in Ottawa."

Layton added that he is ready to lead the country.

"I am ready to be your prime minister and I fully understand what this means," he said.http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/story/2011/04/23/cv-elec...

Edited by Harry