strategy for tonight?

My point remains that Harper blatantly lied when he said "Canada's got the strongest recovery of any country on Earth." Maybe he should have said that Canada had a stronger recovery than any country which Americans consider the greatest country on Earth.

When did he actually say that though? He usually says that we have the best recovery in the G7 or one of the best in the G20, not the best on earth.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was up with Duceppe last nite as he didn't seem to be on his usual game?

Maybe Layton and Mulcair want those Quebec City area seats for the NPD.

Edited by Harry

So what was up with Duceppe last nite as he didn't seem to be on his usual game?

Maybe Layton and Mulcair want those Quebec City area seats for the NPD.

Layton enters French debate with ‘biggest coattails’ in Quebec

http://www.theglobea...article1984441/

This chart is surreal...

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01264/web-nanos-quebe_1264845cl-6.jpg

Harper is polling ahead of Duceppe in Quebec? Ignatieff is fourth?

This chart is surreal...

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01264/web-nanos-quebe_1264845cl-6.jpg

I swear to god Nanos dropped acid at the start of this election. I mean, there's nothing I'd love more than a Federalist party pulling that far ahead, but this looks like something out a Lewis Carroll poem.

This chart is surreal...

Maybe a new Canada?

I would love to wake up on election day with a weaker Bloc. I assume most other people feel the same way so lets help out the NDP with our votes they are taking a run at the Bloc.

Edited by punked

The French debate so far is just an English debate Re-Run with everyone standing in a different place. I am surprised the Liberals lost last night I thought they would try something new. Iggy seems to be yelling less right now.

They are sandwiching Layton with "You will never win".

Edited by punked

Layton is nailing both Layton and Duceppe to the wall....and Harper is above the fray again.

Layton might come off good because his French sounds great in comparison to the other two Federalist leaders at least his sort of Quebec French.

He is actually stumbling less then he did last night in English.

Edited by punked

Layton might come off good because his French sounds great in comparison to the other two Federalist leaders at least his sort of Quebec French.

I wouldn't know since I don't speak French. I'm just going by body language. Harper has really improved his French though over the years. You can tell by his calmness when he speaks.

Edited by Smallc

I wouldn't know since I don't speak French. I'm just going by body language. Harper has really improved his French though over the years.

Yah but like Iggy is accent sounds horrible. I mean Iggy is fine but it is weird as hell.

I seriously wonder how many others are watching this tonight with the first game of the play offs on right now.

Duceppe talking about EI and right now he is the only leader including Layton that right on the issue.

Edited by punked

You can tell Harper is a bit less calm than last night though. They all seem to be more feisty (except maybe Ignatieff). Maybe because of the different audience.

I think Layton looks more animated but claimer he isn't spiting his words like he was last night his words are flowing.

AHHHHH there is the Yelling Iggy I have to know and dislike. The guy yells everything, here is a hint for the Liberal leader, you have a mic stop yelling.

Wow Layton just had an answer better on the Economy that was better then any he had last night. He spelled out his vision of Canada well very well.

Edited by punked

:lol: I guess he can't control himself.

It might just be the he delivers but it really turns me off. He might very well be winning this debate but he get so excited and just starts yelling and everything he says in lost in his body language of being so angry.

Edited by punked

Iggy promising Quebec 6 Billion for a new bridge right in Montreal, Harper hedges and says the funds need to be looked at for if they are fair or not, Layton wants new bridges everywhere less of a strong promise then Iggy but still a promise.

In Quebec Iggy wins that one, out of Quebec Harper wins if the word ever gets out.

First Bold face Lie of the night comes from Iggy.

"Because of Federalism we have francophone community which is growing"

No we really don't you can look at stats for that first language French speakers were 25% of Canada just 20 years ago not it is around 20-22%.

Edited by punked