Harper turns down one-on-one debate with Ignatieff

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BS. If Harper and Iggy had a one-on-one debate, the networks would be crawling all over it.

In Ignatieff does that in his capacity as coalition leader, fine.

Oh BS. If Harper and Iggy had a one-on-one debate, the networks would be crawling all over it.

I agree, but I would be disappointed in harper having to give canned answers because of his poor communication skills. I'd love to see it, but harper is no reagan and no mulroney. If this were to happen, harper stumping ignatieff would be mind blowing.

I agree, but I would be disappointed in harper having to give canned answers because of his poor communication skills. I'd love to see it, but harper is no reagan and no mulroney. If this were to happen, harper stumping ignatieff would be mind blowing.

I don't agree. Harper isn't at all a poor communicator, he simply has trouble making things up on the fly.

I don't agree. Harper isn't at all a poor communicator, he simply has trouble making things up on the fly.

Bingo. I've never thought him to be a good debator. In the english language debates last time around I felt even Dion got in a few good punches and THAT's saying something.

On paper and at least what I've seen from past performances, Ignatieff would eat Harper alive in a one on one which is why I can't believe Harper suggested it in the first place.

And that's what's needed to do well in a debate. Even imo ignatieff's ideas are proposterous, ignatieff has made a living of public speaking and writing. Harper used to crunch numbers. It wouldn't look good.

Harper is in the same boat as dion when it comes to debating. The only person on the right who would stump ignatieff would be uncle kevin, but he would piss off all of the swing voters in doing so.

Ill call a spade a spade, debating iggy 1 on 1 is a bad idea, especially if harper is trying to go for the center.

Well...

He's not bad when things are scripted...

Like when...I dunno...The press is only allowed four questions a day at a presser and those questions are screened ahead of time???

But off the cuff???

He'd be mincemeat...And he knows it....

Edited by Jack Weber

And that's what's needed to do well in a debate. Even imo ignatieff's ideas are proposterous, ignatieff has made a living of public speaking and writing. Harper used to crunch numbers. It wouldn't look good.

harper has never had a fulltime job outside of politics...so I'd like to know when all this number crunching took place, his only job outside of politics was as a mailroom boy...

harper has never had a fulltime job outside of politics...so I'd like to know when all this number crunching took place, his only job outside of politics was as a mailroom boy...

Well...

It comes from being the head of the kooky NCC,for one thing...

How about the CPC didn't want the LPC to be able to use back-to-back elections to persuade Canadians that they'd better not vote another minority government?

You'd think that would play right in to Harpers hands, after all, isn't that exactly what he is trying to convince Canadians about right now...errrrrrrr... Sorry, forgot you were 40 Trudeau units from NYC.... my bad.

When does Harper debate Layton one on one? Seriously why does Ignatieff think he is better then anyone else?

Dunno... Why didn't Harper invite him instead of Ignatieff? You should ask him, or have someone do that for you, if they are stuck at only the fourth question of the day.

Or create wealth

Or contribute to the economy.

It's funny that some people (mostly lefties) don't understand that Public sector jobs don't contribute, they only take. Tell a CUPE member that they don't actually pay taxes, and watch their heads explode. Draw it out, show them the math, and they'll still argue vociferously. It's crazy.

Or contribute to the economy.

It's funny that some people (mostly lefties) don't understand that Public sector jobs don't contribute, they only take. Tell a CUPE member that they don't actually pay taxes, and watch their heads explode. Draw it out, show them the math, and they'll still argue vociferously. It's crazy.

Draw it out and show us the math. Then we'll see if they still argue vociferously. Otherwise you're all talk and no substance.

And remember you are contending the public sector workers don't "actually pay taxes."

So, do tell.

Draw it out and show us the math. Then we'll see if they still argue vociferously. Otherwise you're all talk and no substance.

And remember you are contending the public sector workers don't "actually pay taxes."

So, do tell.

I will spell it out for you if you really don't get it. But seriously, just think about where tax revenues comes from for a minute.

It probably deserves its own thread if you CAN'T figure it out.