Nfld - CPC: 4, LPC: 2, NDP: 1

Terr - CPC: 1, LPC: 1, NDP: 1

Totals - CPC: 159, LPC: 59, NDP: 36, Bloc: 54

C - 149 seats

L - 78 seats

B - 47 seats

N - 34 seats

Liberals and NDP make big gains

A flurry of polls were released this morning (Nanos, Angus-Reid, and Léger Marketing). And with the incorporation of all of the polls that were released over the weekend (EKOS, Nanos, Forum), there's a lot of change in today's projection - and it isn't good news for Stephen Harper.

http://threehundredeight.blogspot.com/2011/04/liberals-and-ndp-make-big-gains.html

Here we go.

PC: Gains in Ontario (1, 2 ridings in Toronto?) and Newfoundland-and-Labrador will upset loses in Quebec. 152

LIB: Believe it or not, exact same number. Strategic voting in other parts of the country will offset losses in Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland-and-Labrador

BQ: One more seat, at 50, even they will lose some votes

NDP: Strategic voting will cause them to lose seats, down to 29. 4 seats in Quebec

André Arthur will manage to keep his Portneuf seat (or it will go BQ)

Here we go.

PC: Gains in Ontario (1, 2 ridings in Toronto?) and Newfoundland-and-Labrador will upset loses in Quebec. 152

LIB: Believe it or not, exact same number. Strategic voting in other parts of the country will offset losses in Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland-and-Labrador

BQ: One more seat, at 50, even they will lose some votes

NDP: Strategic voting will cause them to lose seats, down to 29. 4 seats in Quebec

André Arthur will manage to keep his Portneuf seat (or it will go BQ)

The PC?

Any sign of progress disappeared from the right a long time ago...

The campaign is all but over what with Easter and next week's Royal Wedding. There's also th general fatigue of voters about the campaign and most have now made up their mind. I can now put in my two bit.

Conservative - 158

Liberal - 67

NDP - 42

BQ - 41

Edited by capricorn

:lol: Indeed. But then I meant Party conservateur... Oops :P

Nice recovery! :P Reminds me of an old joke told to me by some Montreal friends.

It seems an American businessman came to Montreal and checked into a hotel. That night he took a shower and came marching down to the night clerk in his robe, angry and fuming.

"What kind of a 2nd rate hotel is this?" he hollered. "In my shower I turned up the tap marked 'C' and nearly scalded myself!"

"Of course, sir!" replied the clerk. "Montreal is a French-Canadian city, with a proud heritage of speaking the French language. In French, the word for 'hot' is 'chaud'."

Mollified, the American mutters an apology and returns to his room. A short while later, the night clerk's extension rings. It's the American again, saying "Hey! What are you trying to pull? I looked again in the shower and BOTH knobs are marked 'C'!!"

"Of course, sir!" the clerk replied with aplomb. "This is a bilingual city in a bilingual country!"

The campaign is all but over what with Easter and next week's Royal Wedding. There's also th general fatigue of voters about the campaign and most have now made up their mind. I can now put in my two bit.

Conservative - 158

Liberal - 67

NDP - 42

BQ - 41

I'd like a result similar to this. The Conservatives would have a majority and we'd have a more stable government, but with only a four seat majority the Conservatives would still need to be a bit careful. The Liberals would have the time to have a leadership convention and rebuild and the NDP and Bloc would likely be forced to choose a new leader before the next election.

The Conservatives would have a majority and we'd have a more stable government, but with only a four seat majority the Conservatives would still need to be a bit careful.

Very careful in fact. The Conservative Party would have to deny more than 3 MPs traveling together in case they all got killed in an accident. ;)

Just watched the Power point on CTV--- Seems that the NDP is stealing votes from The Libs & the TQB (traitorous Quebec Bloc to the uninformed)

To counter this the Globe & mail reports that "To counter NDP's Quebec gains, Ignatieff touts ‘real political experience’

I think that Iggy's ‘real political experience’ is going to be shorter than Dion's.

Just watched the Power point on CTV--- Seems that the NDP is stealing votes from The Libs & the TQB (traitorous Quebec Bloc to the uninformed)

To counter this the Globe & mail reports that "To counter NDP's Quebec gains, Ignatieff touts ‘real political experience’

I think that Iggy's ‘real political experience’ is going to be shorter than Dion's.

You know when Iggy an Academic who lost a leadership bid, was given his seat and has been politics for like 6 years starts talking "Real political experience" against Jack who has held public office for the last 30 years, whose Dad was a cabinet minster and whos grandfather founded the coalition of the blind the guy is grasping at straws. If we want to make this about "real political experience" Jack crushes Iggy and it shows.

Edited by punked

Ha, I only just now found out that Robert Layton was in Mulroney's cabinet!

Apparently his Grandfather Gilbert Layton also a cabinet minster. Iggy better dial his shit Back while Gilbert Layton was an elected Member of the Canadian government Iggy's grandfather was being chased out of Russia by "peasants" with pitchforks. Who thought this was a good strategy again?

I saw Ignatieff place his arm around Martin Cauchon as an example of "Liberal experience" in government. Ignatieff then pointed to Marc Garneau's time in space as a viable credential for a would be Industry Minister. It was laughable.

I saw Ignatieff place his arm around Martin Cauchon as an example of "Liberal experience" in government. Ignatieff then pointed to Marc Garneau's time in space as a viable credential for a would be Industry Minister. It was laughable.

Iggy promises every ridding what HE thinks they want. Here it was "If you elect these guys I will make them Ministers" in Montreal it was "A new Bridge and Stadiums" In NS it was "A new 10 million dollar a year ferry for as long as Liberals win". It is just the worst sort of politics. Promises we all know he can't keep and that have no ideas behind them.

By province/territory:

NL: CPC: 2 LPC: 2 NDP: 3

NS: CPC: 3 LPC: 2 NDP: 6

PE: CPC: 1 LPC: 2 NDP: 1

NB: CPC: 4 LPC: 2 NDP: 4

QC: CPC: 4 LPC: 1 NDP: 41 BQ: 29

ON: CPC: 42 LPC: 43 NDP: 21

MB: CPC: 5 LPC: 0 NDP: 9

SK: CPC: 12 LPC: 0 NDP: 2

AB: CPC: 26 LPC: 0 NDP: 2

BC: CPC: 18 LPC: 2 NDP: 15 GRN: 1

YK: CPC: 0 LPC: 1 NDP: 0

NT: CPC: 0 LPC: 0 NDP: 1

NU: CPC: 0 LPC: 1 NDP: 0

TOTAL: CPC: 117 LPC: 56 NDP: 105 GRN: 1 BQ: 29

I forgot about Lizzy May!

This was done using current trends in polling regionally (taken out to election day AND considering the soft/hard supporters for each party.) When you look at it like this, it gets quite interesting.

Edited by nittanylionstorm07