Federal Election Polls

If anyone like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ron Paul, Donald Trump, etc. etc. ever became President, I'll move to Canada. I swear. Then I'll watch the destruction.

at first I was thinking that will never happen, Palin's an idiot, bachmann not much better, Paul scary economics, Trump has a problem with going bankrupt so could never run a country...but then I remembered GWB Jr got elected...TWICE!...so yeah it could happen...

The other night on the Daily Show, Ron Paul said that the Federal Reserve is purposely devaluing the US Dollar so they can repay the United States' debt to China, etc. with worthless dollars.

Sigh.

You mean they had some other purpose behind printing trillions of dollars, twice?

The Queen wasn't so symbolic in 1990 when Mulroney went to add Senate seats.

and if we turf the senate we would no longer have that issue...

My larger point is that if you end the monarchy in Canada, the Governor General, however he or she is selected, effectively becomes a president.

that's okay as long as we give him/her no more power than the position has now...we can make our own rules, think outside the box we're not committed to follow the rules of any other country's democratic system...President, GG, Head Enchilada, Big Kahunna the name is irrelevant the job is mostly symbolic...

and if we turf the senate we would no longer have that issue...

And when you explain how it is exactly that you're going to do that, you let me know.

that's okay as long as we give him/her no more power than the position has now...we can make our own rules, think outside the box we're not committed to follow the rules of any other country's democratic system...President, GG, Head Enchilada, Big Kahunna the name is irrelevant the job is mostly symbolic...

I wasn't aware we were forced to follow the rules of another country.

at first I was thinking that will never happen, Palin's an idiot, bachmann not much better, Paul scary economics, Trump has a problem with going bankrupt so could never run a country...but then I remembered GWB Jr got elected...TWICE!...so yeah it could happen...

If a 2010 year ever happened during a presidential election cycle, it most certainly could. Fortunately, the Dems have woken up and won't let that happen in 2012.

Wanna compare bank accounts? Mine vs yours?

The only thing that I can determine is that your wife must make a good bit of money, and that since you don't work, you would irrationally fear her losing her job because you would lose your own support line since you don't support yourself.

There are a lot of people like you out there, unfortunately.

NDP flirtation - I don't think so. The big question people are asking now is how much further are the Conservatives going to drop.

If the NDP are running 30%, does that mean that 70% of the voters hate Jack Layton?

Just trying to see if the logic and math are consistent in these circles...

If the NDP are running 30%, does that mean that 70% of the voters hate Jack Layton?

Just trying to see if the logic and math are consistent in these circles...

You have to compare polling percentages with leadership/best PM polls. From that:

1. Everyone except delusional hardcore Liberal supports hate Ignatieff.

2. Tory supporters pretty much have a strong liking of Harper.

3. Most left-of-centre voters love Layton.

And when you explain how it is exactly that you're going to do that, you let me know.

lots of arguments and debates but if the will is there it can done...that's what denocracy is all about...
I wasn't aware we were forced to follow the rules of another country.
apparently you do when you through in words like sovereign and president as if they mean something and we can't break out of some sacred preconceived parliamentary format...other commonwealth countries have chosen a different approach and we can as well...

The only thing that I can determine is that your wife must make a good bit of money, and that since you don't work, you would irrationally fear her losing her job because you would lose your own support line since you don't support yourself.

There are a lot of people like you out there, unfortunately.

I have an uncle (by marriage) like that. He, too, is an outrageously self-entitled SOB. My aunt finally tired of him after a few decades of torturous marriage, she finally packed up and left and now he's living in some crappy little hotel dedicated to rotten husbands that sucked off their wife's financial teat for too long.

To quote my father's favorite saying, "If you're so smart, why ain't you rich?"

to quote a very smart man-Albert Einstein on wealth, "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." ...if all it took were smarts to be wealthy einstein should have been the world's wealthiest man...some wealthy people are not all that smart and many smart people are not wealthy...

Edited by wyly

lots of arguments and debates but if the will is there it can done...that's what denocracy is all about...

The key is "ss there the will to do it". Right now, I see not so much of that, that's why I advocate baby steps. Removing an entire house of Parliament strikes me as just the sort of doomed project we should avoid.

apparently you do when you through in words like sovereign and president as if they mean something and we can't break out of some sacred preconceived parliamentary format...other commonwealth countries have chosen a different approach and we can as well...

I never said we couldn't. But removing the Crown would be an enormous constitutional shift, and your positing this for a country that nearly tore itself to pieces over a couple of moderate constitutional packages.

I have an uncle (by marriage) like that. He, too, is an outrageously self-entitled SOB. My aunt finally tired of him after a few decades of torturous marriage, she finally packed up and left and now he's living in some crappy little hotel dedicated to rotten husbands that sucked off their wife's financial teat for too long.

My father is like that, only he is still married to my mother. I'm definitely well versed in "his type", and it helped inspire me to actually make something out of myself.

to quote a very smart man-Albert Einstein on wealth, "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." ...if all it took were smarts to be wealthy einstein should have been the world's wealthiest man...some wealthy people are not all that smart and many smart people are not wealthy...

And some trolls are rather good at making all kinds of incredible claims about their wealth, brilliance, the size of their sexual organs and so forth.

You have to compare polling percentages with leadership/best PM polls. From that:

1. Everyone except delusional hardcore Liberal supports hate Ignatieff.

2. Tory supporters pretty much have a strong liking of Harper.

3. Most left-of-centre voters love Layton.

Well, I just got tired of seeing posts claiming that 65% of the electorate hate Harper. That figure apparently comes from just adding up the support percentages of the other parties. I thought that if that's true then one could make a similar statement about Jack.

Well, I just got tired of seeing posts claiming that 65% of the electorate hate Harper. That figure apparently comes from just adding up the support percentages of the other parties. I thought that if that's true then one could make a similar statement about Jack.

So, 65% prefer someone else other than Harper.

That's what you can derive.

No argument from me, but even after all these years, the saying makes me chuckle.

And some trolls are rather good at making all kinds of incredible claims about their wealth, brilliance, the size of their sexual organs and so forth.

yup...did I mention I married Miss Canada, I'm the CEO of a Calgary oil giant with a corporate jet on standby, a 10K sqft home overlooking the rockies and I pack 10 inches! :rolleyes:

yup...did I mention I married Miss Canada, I'm the CEO of a Calgary oil giant with a corporate jet on standby, a 10K sqft home overlooking the rockies and I pack 10 inches! :rolleyes:

Pah! That's nothing. Did I mention my mountain fortress getaway in the Hindu Kush and rocket ship, and condoms custom-made by Boeing?

Edited by ToadBrother